Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Eliteprospects has him ranked 74 for the upcoming draft - so somewhere between the 3rd and 4th round.

Rafkin's reporting to Spitfires is questionable.
Rafkin is already committed to play in university of Denver NCAA team season 2020-2021 so he might stay to USHL.

Last edited:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Rafkin's reporting to Spitfires if questionable.
Rafkin is already committed to play in university of Denver NCAA team season 2020-2021 so he might stay to USHL.

Judging by everything that's been published so far, I can't see him not reporting. He's indicated he likes the city, likes the team, and knows people here.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Judging by everything that's been published so far, I can't see him not reporting. He's indicated he likes the city, likes the team, and knows people here.

People can change their minds.
Maybe wait n c approach.

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
Major stations have reported he had goose sh... on his shoes, that was from Windsor.
You are right, he must be coming for sure.

Reactions: Sec108

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
It was more of me laughing at how this place is never happy. Just an observation...
I know we have went over this ad nauseum TG.....but this is an opinion board be it positive or negative.I guess you cant seem, to grasp the concept.

here's my positive of the day for you............

Adding the players they have in the off season has to make
the team better.

The returning players are older, stronger and more experienced, has to make team better.

have to get out of 1st round at least to make successful season

Reactions: OHL4Life

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I know we have went over this ad nauseum TG.....but this is an opinion board be it positive or negative.I guess you cant seem, to grasp the concept.

here's my positive of the day for you............

Adding the players they have in the off season has to make
the team better.

The returning players are older, stronger and more experienced, has to make team better.

have to get out of 1st round at least to make successful season

1. I know the concept, but you have to admit that it's funny that people complain when nothing is done, and STILL complain when something is done. I seriously chuckle at it. Kind of a charm of this place.

2. 100% agreed that this season needs a first-round win. There's no other option. You've replaced Campbel, Garagan, and an empty space with Johnston, Zito, and Afanasyev. That's a win before you even hit the ice (though, I really did like Campbell).

Reactions: Sec108 and Teflon

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
1. I know the concept, but you have to admit that it's funny that people complain when nothing is done, and STILL complain when something is done. I seriously chuckle at it. Kind of a charm of this place.

2. 100% agreed that this season needs a first-round win. There's no other option. You've replaced Campbel, Garagan, and an empty space with Johnston, Zito, and Afanasyev. That's a win before you even hit the ice (though, I really did like Campbell).

A little late to say a must win 1st round.
Maybe they should of been looking into this concept a bunch of years ago? Instead of either not making playoffs at all or being swept.

Reactions: Sec108

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
dont know for certain, but dont be surprised if its an announcement on a management shuffle.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
If it's a management shuffle, I would then not expect Rafkin to publicly sign till after the"new" management is announced. Kinda of a " well looky what we can do" Rafkin posted via Twitter back in May thanking his billets and wished them the best moving forward and feels he will always have a second home there. So that spells out not if he will sign more of when.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
If it's a management shuffle, I would then not expect Rafkin to publicly sign till after the"new" management is announced. Kinda of a " well looky what we can do" Rafkin posted via Twitter back in May thanking his billets and wished them the best moving forward and feels he will always have a second home there. So that spells out not if he will sign more of when.

hes coming. i dont know if hes signed yet only because im not sure if hes in north america or not right now.

Reactions: Cherrydon

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
this has been brewing for quite a while. i think rychel was done in april once the team was done personally but i dont know that 100 percent.

teflon has suggested that he was pushed, i think he walked, doesn't really matter as hes now gone and we enter into a bit of an unknown with the future of the team. theres also no doubt that bowler got the job due to his relationship and less his resume.

lets hope its more of a mike mckenzie situation vs a joey burke/dave reid situation

team has 3/4 guys that could lead them to some significant success, not sure this move helps that, but well see.

Reactions: SpItFiReZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad