Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Two seconds for a 2018 5th round pick? Who has 7pts in 35 games?

This must be Part B of the DiPietro deal. Can't imagine this deal is made on a stand-alone.

that actually makes sense, but wouldnt it have been done already? and why hold onto the 2nd 2nd? its easier to make it more picks initially and just make it 1 2nd this time around. no one flinches if you include an extra 2nd or 2 in the dipietro trade, they flinch now with this trade.

strange pick up, no doubt he will be a good player, but at what cost?

Don't forget that the 67s were loaded last year, so as a 16yo he probably didn't much ice time in those 35 games.

your not wrong, but he also didnt put significant numbers in jr a, 11 pts in 17 games? there were other 16 year olds who put up more.

the conspiracy theorists will either love this or hate this, but maggio played for bowlers jr b team the year previous, so it may have bowlers hands all over it, but i have no idea if thats 100 percent the case.

he will be a good player for us, just the cost is off, can anyone remember a non 'high end' 16/17 year old that was traded for 2 2nds, especially one that didnt play an entire year?

Reactions: ohl17

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Definitely time to clear out the old dead wood as the majority of scoring strengths are younger. No room for filler players now. Improve the D, get TL on a new vision and solidify the goaltending situation and I'll start getting hopeful again lol

Sounds good.
Get rid of the deadwood (vets).

Reactions: Cherrydon

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
This one shocks me honestly just on the cost. I’d heard he may be staying home but 2-2nds?!?! No way that adds up. More to this for sure. I like the kids compete and I see why they wanted him, WR likes local kids on his teams.... ever since the damn ownership mess people have clammed up tough getting info. There’s going to be a few more moves I think. Looks like this team is going to be real young. Can u say full rebuild with sights set for 2 years down the road.

Reactions: KyGuy9

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Up front we have:

Purboo/Boka/Douglas
Angle/Playfair/D'Amico
Cuylle/Foudy/McDonald
Afanasyev/Johnston/Zito
Maggio/Garagan/Frasca

Even if we assume Garagan is gone, that's still two extra forwards. Zito and Maggio could/should make the club given their situations. That leaves at least two veterans who are on the outs.

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
Up front we have:

Purboo/Boka/Douglas
Angle/Playfair/D'Amico
Cuylle/Foudy/McDonald
Afanasyev/Johnston/Zito
Maggio/Garagan/Frasca

Even if we assume Garagan is gone, that's still two extra forwards. Zito and Maggio could/should make the club given their situations. That leaves at least two veterans who are on the outs.

Thank goodness!!!!!!

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
So what does this DiPietro? Egor, Maggio, and 1 2nd. Doesn’t seem like much at all now really.

I’m in the minority here but i really can’t wait for Warren to be gone.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
The picks aren't from the DiPietro deal. If anything, we dealt Stanley or Brown for this kid.
Does it matter if they are the same picks? The fact we picked up 2nds and now have traded 2nds it like we made the deal i mentioned. We only have that 1 extra 2nd we didn’t have before

Reactions: KyGuy9

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Up front we have:

Purboo/Boka/Douglas
Angle/Playfair/D'Amico
Cuylle/Foudy/McDonald
Afanasyev/Johnston/Zito
Maggio/Garagan/Frasca

Should be more vets but 2 is fine for now out.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Does it matter if they are the same picks? The fact we picked up 2nds and now have traded 2nds it like we made the deal i mentioned. We only have that 1 extra 2nd we didn’t have before

For me, it does matter. The picks could have a different value depending on the team. Like I said earlier, I don't like that it's two seconds, regardless. I would have offered a second and a fifth or something, given he was a fifth rounder.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
For me, it does matter. The picks could have a different value depending on the team. Like I said earlier, I don't like that it's two seconds, regardless. I would have offered a second and a fifth or something, given he was a fifth rounder.
Its not like we are going to have those picks anyways come draft time. Also you aren’t allowed to trade back picks are you?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

No it doesn't matter. It was the 2nd part of the DiPietro deal, you just have to use other picks to satisfy the other end.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
My guess. Boka,Frasca,Garagon all will be gone. Douglas at some point too. Stop citing the mikey trade, what’s going on now has no bearing. Yes I think the cost was to high.

Reactions: OHLTG

member 71782

So a decent addition at a high price.

Regardless of which picks were dealt if it's considered a second part of the DiPietro that deal becomes DiPietro and a second for Afanasyev, Maggio and two seconds.

On the surface it's not bad if it could have been announced at the same time but as two separate deals this looks a bit pricey.

I like the addition, add a decent 02 with upside who should get decent playing time and likely a bigger role on a younger team.

Separating the deals, this is expensive but as a single deal, an 02 with solid potential, an expected high potential 01 and a couple of seconds for DiPietro in a year where there was a limited market and values were somewhat down isn't a bad return.

It's all perspective IMO and is the best move so far even though it took seven months to complete.

Now finish the month off right.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
So a decent addition at a high price.

Regardless of which picks were dealt if it's considered a second part of the DiPietro that deal becomes DiPietro and a second for Afanasyev, Maggio and two seconds.

On the surface it's not bad if it could have been announced at the same time but as two separate deals this looks a bit pricey.

I like the addition, add a decent 02 with upside who should get decent playing time and likely a bigger role on a younger team.

Separating the deals, this is expensive but as a single deal, an 02 with solid potential, an expected high potential 01 and a couple of seconds for DiPietro in a year where there was a limited market and values were somewhat down isn't a bad return.

It's all perspective IMO and is the best move so far even though it took seven months to complete.

Now finish the month off right.

1 more announcement left i think

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Nobody really wanted DiPietro at the TDL (for his cost) - WR held on too long and overplayed his hand and he did the reaching out. It seems like it was a face saving trade - pile on all those second rounders to make it look like a huge haul - with WR getting his 7-8 pieces.

Pretend you could include the 2018 5th rounder, and then include the unknown Afanasyev possibly coming and you have a mighty ugly return for Mikey at the time. Afanasyev going in the mid-second of the NHL draft and signing here saves this trade in a lot of ways from a PR standpoint.

Now we trade two seconds for Maggio in the off-season when nobody is really paying attention.

Was the kid rated a 5th rounder when drafted or did he play the "NCAA possibility" card to control his landing spot? A 5th rounder making a contender and playing a lot of games says the kid has talent. Given his connections here I wonder why we didn't draft him.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Its not like we are going to have those picks anyways come draft time. Also you aren’t allowed to trade back picks are you?

I don't know; that's a good question.

you cannot trade the same picks back and forth to the same teams within 12 months. using ohltg's theory, there would never be two part trades if thats the case, despite the fact that we know there was one with stanley. i dont believe its connected to dipietro but cant say 100 percent as no one has denyed it.

Reactions: TheGremlin

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
"Why doesn't Rychel hold himself accountable?"

(Rychel holds himself accountable)

"But..."

:dunno:

We've got a 2002 who made a dynamic team like the 67's, showed really good offence the season before locally, and is pumped to be here. For all we know, two 2nds could be laughable in a seasons time. "Two 2nds? That's it??" I'm eager to play this one out. Plus, it gives a bit of an idea of which route we're going for the Import Draft (D).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad