Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I guess this means there is absolutely no way the Bruins will beat the hottest team in the league missing both Krug and Carlo. ooooops.
Yeah I mean it's not like the Bruins are deeper or anything. Its like you guys take pride in overlooking context.

Reactions: Cotton

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The Leafs were without Ceci,Muzzin and Rielly for long stretches this season. Injuries have absolutely killed this team. At one point we had Justin Holl playing on the top pairing.

Fans often use injuries as an excuse but I never thought I'd see the day a fan would try to pretend an injury to Cody Ceci negatively impacted their team.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
simply pointing out your excuse of missing Dmen while losing to a zamboni driver vs losing 2 key Dmen and beating the hottest team in NHL.
More of a motivation thing than anything. They prove to themselves they can beat the best teams, than play to the level of their competition far too often the next game.

Also it was less of a ‘you lost to a zamboni driver’ hardy har har. And more of Carolina worked their asses off to shield him and the leafs played like shit. (But you know that, you’re just getting your dig in).

If the leafs were so far off the best teams in the league, they wouldn’t have taken higher seeds to 6, 7, and 7 games the last 3 years. When they play hard, they can beat the best teams, they just don’t do it at all consistent enough.

Reactions: Spargon and Cotton

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
More of a motivation thing than anything. They prove to themselves they can beat the best teams, than play to the level of their competition far too often the next game.

Also it was less of a ‘you lost to a zamboni driver’ hardy har har. And more of Carolina worked their asses off to shield him and the leafs played like shit. (But you know that, you’re just getting your dig in).

If the leafs were so far off the best teams in the league, they wouldn’t have taken higher seeds to 6, 7, and 7 games the last 3 years. When they play hard, they can beat the best teams, they just don’t do it at all consistent enough.
dont disagree with most of you post. simply pointing out that excuses of missing 2 d men doesn't fly as an excuse to a top team.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Oh okay, so it's just narcissism. Just had to make sure.
wow, you must be a lawyer with your keen ability to defend a bad position by deflecting to other topics. again, simply pointing out your excuse of missing 2 Dmen shouldn't fly as an excuse but then again you've been used to excuses for that team for many years

The90

Feb 27, 2017
dont disagree with most of you post. simply pointing out that excuses of missing 2 d men doesn't fly as an excuse to a top team.
Meh. It impact the leafs more so because they live and die off their skill. They aren’t systemic enough where it’s less of an impact. The bruins for example, or St. Louis are so structured defensively, you could put a pylon in and he doesn’t look half bad defensively.

Reactions: smack66

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Fans often use injuries as an excuse but I never thought I'd see the day a fan would try to pretend an injury to Cody Ceci negatively impacted their team.

When D is your Achilles heel and 5/6 of your D men have a few hundred NHL games between them, surprisingly, it's an issue. Hard to imagine, I know.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Meh. It impact the leafs more so because they live and die off their skill. They aren’t systemic enough where it’s less of an impact. The bruins for example, or St. Louis are so structured defensively, you could put a pylon in and he doesn’t look half bad defensively.
I get the point you are trying to make but at the end of the day Krug and Carlo are at least equal to Reilly and Muzzin and to state they can be replaced by pylons because of a system is pretty shortsighted.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I get the point you are trying to make but at the end of the day Krug and Carlo are at least equal to Reilly and Muzzin and to state they can be replaced by pylons because of a system is pretty shortsighted.
If by short sighted, you mean accurate than I agree with you.

If everyone is pulling on the same rope and one person let’s go it’s less of a difference. If only 10 guys are pulling, and a guy let’s go, there’s a more noticeable difference. That’s how the leafs play every other night. 10 guys pulling, then 20 back and forth. That 100% makes a difference.

theres not so much a parity in actual talent if we’re being honest, but in structure that the talent is applied.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
If by short sighted, you mean accurate than I agree with you.

If everyone is pulling on the same rope and one person let’s go it’s less of a difference. If only 10 guys are pulling, and a guy let’s go, there’s a more noticeable difference. That’s how the leafs play every other night. 10 guys pulling, then 20 back and forth. That 100% makes a difference.

theres not so much a parity in actual talent if we’re being honest, but in structure that the talent is applied.
in short, the excuse is now not so much that hey were missing key Dmen but that they dont play as a team? it's now about coaching or just selfish play?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
wow, you must be a lawyer with your keen ability to defend a bad position by deflecting to other topics. again, simply pointing out your excuse of missing 2 Dmen shouldn't fly as an excuse but then again you've been used to excuses for that team for many years
What other topics? You made my comment about you and your team and you reaffirmed it. You weren't really pointing out anything, you took a post and made it about yourself. You made no attempt to address what I said. How does me pointing out the fact that the Leafs have been injured bruise your ego in some strange way?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
What other topics? You made my comment about you and your team and you reaffirmed it. You weren't really pointing out anything, you took a post and made it about yourself. You made no attempt to address what I said. How does me pointing out the fact that the Leafs have been injured bruise your ego in some strange way?
how about we try and get back to the original topic as you are all over the map. you said Leafs loss to zamboni driver because of key injuries. I simply pointed out how other teams can overcome equal injuries and win against tougher opponents. no more, no less. not a fan of excuses.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
how about we try and get back to the original topic as you are all over the map. you said Leafs loss to zamboni driver because of key injuries. I simply pointed out how other teams can overcome equal injuries and win against tougher opponents. no more, no less. not a fan of excuses.
I said they lost to a zamboni driver because of injuries?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
in short, the excuse is now not so much that hey were missing key Dmen but that they dont play as a team? it's now about coaching or just selfish play?
Where did I give an excuse and what did I say that wasn’t factual. I never said coaching, if a coach tells you to do something and you won’t do it, how is that the coaches fault? Since babcock they’ve been saying the same things.

they don’t always play as a team. It’s been their biggest problem. And they rely on skill too much. And in that situation, losing a key skilled player is a greater impact. It’s reality. They aren’t consistent for that reason.

I get the skill thing about their not being a big parity struck a nerve, but was it wrong?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Can someone help me out here? What the shit is he talking about?
I'm a sucker for punishment so I will try again. you said injuries were killing this team ( Leafs) I showed an example of the Bruins beating the hottest team in the NHL while without two of their top 3 Dmen. simply saying the excuse of missing Muzzin and Reilly isn't much an excuse when you lose to weak teams or isn't an excuse at all. no more, no less. this was followed by responses of more excuses as to why I was wrong. leafs dont play as a team ( is that a coaching issue) Bruins have a better structure etc etc. I simply find the excuse of missing a few Dmen inexcusable. however, I am quite confident you will prove me wrong

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I'm a sucker for punishment so I will try again. you said injuries were killing this team ( Leafs) I showed an example of the Bruins beating the hottest team in the NHL while without two of their top 3 Dmen. simply saying the excuse of missing Muzzin and Reilly isn't much an excuse when you lose to weak teams or isn't an excuse at all. no more, no less. this was followed by responses of more excuses as to why I was wrong. leafs dont play as a team ( is that a coaching issue) Bruins have a better structure etc etc. I simply find the excuse of missing a few Dmen inexcusable. however, I am quite confident you will prove me wrong
I didn’t see anyone say you were wrong. I said due to the leafs having an inferior structure, losing 2 top guys has a bigger impact on them than it should. And does to the bruins. What about that is wrong?

Reactions: LFCTML

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I didn’t see anyone say you were wrong. I said due to the leafs having an inferior structure, losing 2 top guys has a bigger impact on them than it should. And does to the bruins. What about that is wrong?
I think you and I are somewhat in agreement, although I think structure is being somewhat overplayed. so I genuinely ask why dont leafs have structure if that's the reason missing 2 Dmen hurts so much.
your fellow leaf fan on the other hand.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I think you and I are somewhat in agreement, although I think structure is being somewhat overplayed. so I genuinely ask why dont leafs have structure if that's the reason missing 2 Dmen hurts so much.
your fellow leaf fan on the other hand.
Culture and youthful cockiness is my best guess.. on paper they should be a top 3-5 team cap hits aside

Reactions: LFCTML and smack66

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The Leafs beat one of the hottest teams in the league, Tampa Bay, while missing Muzzin and Rielly. One or two wins against good teams isnt a good indicator of how important those guys are just like losing to a zamboni driver doesnt make the Leafs terrible. A mediocre blue line losing its top 2 dmen hurts. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand here. I'm not pretending that the Leafs are missing Pronger and Niedermayer and have the depth to sustain those losses for 2 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad