Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They're mirror images of each other

Both have 35 wins

Leafs have 5 more GF, Panthers have 2 more GA.

The Panthers have 3 more regulation wins. 2 more SO wins, where the Leafs are a sad 1-5, same as Ottawa. But the Leafs are 7-4 in OT, whereas the Panthers are 2-4.

Essentially, the win against the Panthers on Feb 27th is what has the Leafs in a spot today.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Panthers have 3 more regulation wins. 2 more SO wins, where the Leafs are a sad 1-5, same as Ottawa. But the Leafs are 7-4 in OT, whereas the Panthers are 2-4.

Essentially, the win against the Panthers on Feb 27th is what has the Leafs in a spot today.

And that was a game FLA blew an early 3-1 lead.

Alexei Yashvalev

Nov 15, 2006
Victoria B.C.
Funny to see all the bubble teams struggling hard at the same time. Does anyone want to make it?

Toronto, Columbus, Carolina, NY Islanders, Florida's records in the L10 are all awful.

Im torn, I want to see Leafs nation melt down if they miss but I really want to see another Boston game 7 melt down.

It's been a lot of G7's. Don't you think the Leafs are due to get swept?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
If the leafs miss it will be because of the leafs and not the panthers.

I’ve never seen a team take such a hard road to clinging onto a playoffs spot as the leafs.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Funny to see all the bubble teams struggling hard at the same time. Does anyone want to make it?

Toronto, Columbus, Carolina, NY Islanders, Florida's records in the L10 are all awful.

Add the Pens as well. They went from battling for 1st in the Metro to now looking over their shoulder at the wildcard teams because of a God-awful 10 game stretch.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Chris Dreidger is a legit starter on any team in the league. Change my mind

Not sure about legit starter on any team, but he's looked very good in almost every start. I mentioned him early on in the year when he first started getting games, he is so mechanically sound; he's a very good goalie. Florida's got to keep riding him. I think there's a legit chance he gets more games than Bob for the rest of this year.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Not sure about legit starter on any team, but he's looked very good in almost every start. I mentioned him early on in the year when he first started getting games, he is so mechanically sound; he's a very good goalie. Florida's got to keep riding him. I think there's a legit chance he gets more games than Bob for the rest of this year.

Especially with Bob coming off an injury, sounds like groin, I think they'll definitely keep riding Driedger for as long as he plays well.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
And the Panthers do? They have 5 points in the last 3 weeks.

they beat a bad Habs team on Luongo night and suddenly they’re going to overtake TOR?
Nope,No chance in hell that the Panthers have a shot of catching the Leafs.:sarcasm:
Next,,,,

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Doesn't hurt to also have a playoff format that rewards the 3rd place team in every division with an automatic playoff spot - even if they're tied in points with the other division's 6th place team, with two extra games played. :laugh:

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The entire Eastern Conference bubble is doing a "No, you take it" "No you take it" "No you, I insist" "You're too kind, but you really should take it" dance. The Leafs will play like gods tonight and beat Tampa and then crap the bed for the next week and Florida will win their next six in a row then drop their last seven to finish at 90 points. Or maybe that will be the Leafs, I dunno. We're getting Rielly back which will really help us at least.

Frankly, both teams should be taken out back and shot.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
....damage to the credibility of the playoff seeding system
The Leafs are a top16 team in the league, won't be having home ice advantage, and will likely be playing one of the two best teams in the league in the first round. What about that damages the credibility of the seeding system? Is that so much worse when they were 7th in the league last year, didn't have home ice, and played the 2nd best team in the league in the first round?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
The Leafs are a top16 team in the league, won't be having home ice advantage, and will likely be playing one of the two best teams in the league in the first round. What about that damages the credibility of the seeding system? Is that so much worse when they were 7th in the league last year, didn't have home ice, and played the 2nd best team in the league in the first round?
The Leaf connection makes it more special. Many HF posters love the Leafs more than their own teams.

Reactions: The Big Swede13

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Yes. It's very unlikely that any other team in the Atlantic would overtake both of them.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Kamiccolo = Kim Jong Un

Panthers fans = Clint Eastwood

e9083dbe4a5f15484ed5bf65be8e82f2.gif

Reactions: Kellyr

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
IF the Leafs make the PO, I can actually see them doing some damage.

Damage to the pocket books of fools dumb enough to fork out the money to see them live? Damage to the livers of fans when they fail in another spectacular way? Damage to Rogers TV ratings?

You are going to need to be more specific here. I know you aren't suggesting this collection of gutless pukes have it in them to beat Tampa lmfao.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
You're smart enough to figure it out.
The race for 3rd is far from over

Right, but unless you meant it in a playful way, I feel I've been quite clear the Leafs are garbage too.

It doesn't really matter who gets in, it will be a blood bath for the Bolts to warm up on while waiting for the Bruins.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad