Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Well to be frank it's a fight to see who gets to lose to Tampa in 4 or 5 games. Only people who will enjoy that are the owners seeing two games of extra revenue.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Well to be frank it's a fight to see who gets to lose to Tampa in 4 or 5 games. Only people who will enjoy that are the owners seeing two games of extra revenue.
I don't think you fully appreciate just how bad the Panthers have been.
I'd be happy even if they lose in four to Tampa. With just 2 playoff appearances since 2000, any playoff appearance is a win until this team shows they're better than that.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Leafs don't deserve the playoffs. they are just way too inconsistent to even put together a few wins

The90

Feb 27, 2017
The same thing was said last season too...
Exactly. There are upsets every year. If the leafs were to sneak in, would anyone be that surprised if they were to win a series or 2? They have the skill and depth to do it. They just haven’t been able to do that consistently for some reason.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Leafs don't deserve the playoffs. they are just way too inconsistent to even put together a few wins

And the Panthers do? They have 5 points in the last 3 weeks.

they beat a bad Habs team on Luongo night and suddenly they’re going to overtake TOR?

cbbb25

Jan 17, 2012
Hmmm, maybe the leafs will let FLA make it ?

haha I like it. Its a win-win, entertaining turtle race to finish the season and if Leafs miss they will be ripped apart all Summer by media and fans. If they make it in they roll the dice.

Im a Leaf fan but a realist leaf fan. Watching other fans cry and try to figure out where the "greatest" Leaf team ever assembled somehow fell apart will be enjoyable to read. Also cue the September threads about how "This Leafs team will win Atlantic" "Leafs should be favourites to win it all" "no way they repeat the 2019-2020 season"

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I think in the end both teams wont make it. they will just cease to exist some how.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Exactly. There are upsets every year. If the leafs were to sneak in, would anyone be that surprised if they were to win a series or 2? They have the skill and depth to do it. They just haven’t been able to do that consistently for some reason.

id be surprised if they won 2 series, yes. Beating both Tampa and Boston? Pretty tall order.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
They're mirror images of each other

Both have 35 wins

Leafs have 5 more GF, Panthers have 2 more GA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad