Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I mean, look at how much they are spending on their stars.
Yes, we are all aware.

Point is back to back Game 7 losses against one of the best teams in the league isn't as big of a fail as some of you make it out to be. They didn't get destroyed. And 2013 is absolutely irrelevant and meaningless today.

Reactions: Loosie

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yes, we are all aware.

Point is back to back Game 7 losses against one of the best teams in the league isn't as big of a fail as some of you make it out to be. They didn't get destroyed. And 2013 is absolutely irrelevant and meaningless today.

Well, the players were different back then, but my point was that Toronto has been bashed three times in the playoffs and that they blew a 4-1 lead to lose 5-4 in overtime.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Well, the players were different back then, but my point was that Toronto has been bashed three times in the playoffs and that they blew a 4-1 lead to lose 5-4 in overtime.
"Bashed" three times in the playoffs? What does that even mean?

Yes, in 2013 the Leafs blew a 4-1 lead in Game 7 after coming back down 3-1 in the series. How is that relevant today? There are ZERO players left from that team, lmao. Does the Canucks loss in 2011 matter now? No. Does the Bruins losing a 3-0 series lead to the Flyers matter today? No.

My goodness. You're searching hard here.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
What does the 2013 team have to do with today's team?

And what is your definition of 'bashed'?

I guess the Canucks current roster is doomed because they lost to the Bruins in the finals when leading the series 3-2.

Shucks!

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
"Bashed" three times in the playoffs? What does that even mean?

Yes, in 2013 the Leafs blew a 4-1 lead in Game 7 after coming back down 3-1 in the series. How is that relevant today? There are ZERO players left from that team, lmao. Does the Canucks loss in 2011 matter now? No. Does the Bruins losing a 3-0 series lead to the Flyers matter today? No.

My goodness. You're searching hard here.

Canucks' loss in 2011 matters, because there are civil matters associated with the 2011 riot, caused by the tragic 4-0 shutout loss to the Bruins on home ice. If you're talking about the general implications of playoff losses, there's one for you. As for Toronto, based on inductive reasoning, we can infer that they are likely to lose another playoff series against Boston. Nothing is certain, for sure, it's all probability at best, not to mention that the losses were mostly based on current rosters of Matthews, Nylander, Marner, and, I think, Tavares? Not sure. And, oh yeah, Andersen.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Canucks' loss in 2011 matters, because there are civil matters associated with the 2011 riot, caused by the tragic 4-0 shutout loss to the Bruins on home ice. If you're talking about the general implications of playoff losses, there's one for you. As for Toronto, based on inductive reasoning, we can infer that they are likely to lose another playoff series against Boston. Nothing is certain, for sure, it's all probability at best, not to mention that the losses were mostly based on current rosters of Matthews, Nylander, Marner, and, I think, Tavares? Not sure. And, oh yeah, Andersen.
Yes, the losses in 2018 and 2019 were this current Leafs core, agreed. Then why are you talking about 2013 so much? You aren't even following your own points.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
IF Toronto wins tomorrow, or even if they get a point, but espicelly if they inI think it's decided.

7 points at this point in the season would be a lot and I have looked at the panthers upcoming games they got Boston, Montreal, Dallas, Stlouis, Montreal aside that's a tough stretch.

Toronto has SJ, LA,and The Ducks next if they do well on this trip it might be over.

I'll save you the suspense, from a Panthers fan: It's over

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I'll save you the suspense, from a Panthers fan: It's over

I wouldn't lose hope like this. It's the NHL after all.

Just 10 days ago, Toronto was heading off of a cliff after losing to an emergency goalie. On top of that, they lost Muzzin for a month in the next game. Keeping all of that in mind, I can easily see the Panthers putting together a 3-4 win streak and turning things around.

The standings can change quickly.

It's the reason Toronto can't let up at all.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I wouldn't lose hope like this. It's the NHL after all.

Just 10 days ago, Toronto was heading off of a cliff after losing to an emergency goalie. .
They'd still be there if the Panthers would win too, which is the point.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This is the Panthers since the bye week...a picture is worth a thousand words

Rygh1q4.png

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Leafs keep leaving the door open just a crack but a win tonight probably slams it shut

they’d be 7 up on them. But Florida would have 2 games in hand and they’ve got one more head to head game. I wouldn’t say it’s slammed shut, although expecting Florida to win any game right now is a crapshoot, they win there two games in hand and the head to head they’d only be one back.

MattMartin

Crypto Dbag™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Will Carolina or the Islanders let the Rangers in is the real burning question. Rangers have been playing great. The islanders and Canes, not so much, to say the least.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it's not looking good, but with their talent you never know. It's not crazy to think they could get a winning streak going. I don't see Toronto shutting the door.

Reactions: Balthazar

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They both have equally challenging schedules. Maybe give FL the tougher schedule. I think the Leafs hang on.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Leafs keep leaving the door open just a crack but a win tonight probably slams it shut

Mathematically it's still possible, but realistically it's not.

Leafs have 14 games left. Even if they limp their way to a 7-7 record in those 14 games, that puts them at 93 points. Florida would need to go at least 10-5 in its remaining games to pass them. If the Leafs go 8-6 for 95 points, Florida would have to go 11-4 in their remaining games. With the way Florida is playing, does it seem realistic to you that they'll win 10 or 11 games out of 15 remaining?

And that's just assuming the Leafs putter along at around .500 the rest of the games.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad