Why did nobody respond to the hit by Adam Mair ---I mean, Radko Gudas?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'd like to see Chara rip out the offending players jugular with hid teeth while the rest of the team sits in a drum circle chanting because that would build a team bond and 6 months later they'll win more games .

You seem to be against basically everything in this thread, toughness, a response etc. I respect your take on it, i really do but i just don't get how you can't see that this teams makeup is completely different, and for the worse.

Last year the Bruins open their game against the Ducks with a quick goal, 5 minutes later Perron gets into it with Krug, then Krug has to fight Chris Stewart and gets pumped. The Ducks score 4 unanswered goals right after. Pat Maroon laughs in the face of Chara, no one responds to Stewart taking liberties with Krug and the Bruins lose 6-2.

What is your take on that? I'm just curious. Seems to me like the old Bruins wouldn't take that lying down.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I've been thinking about this for a bit. What about changing boarding to a 2 min / game misconduct? The 5min would obviously still be intact but this would be for any board other than a major. You would curb it big time IMO.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
You never hear winning reams talk about chemistry, how well they get along, they have each other's back, etc...but it can't be measured so it has no validity..

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Some interesting revisionist history in this thread.

When Savard was concussed by Cooke the Bruins were blasted to kingdom come by many here for not sticking up for him.

Today, the exact same charge, but the "old Bruins" - meaning the guys who were Savard's teammates - are now lauded as tough guys who stuck up for each other.

To quote the King of Siam, it is a puzzlement.

And just as an observation, from 40 years or so of hockey watching, it's appeared to me that hockey players, being human beings, react most immediately and viscerally to actions that they witness in clear/close proximity. Czarnick, like Savard, was not the main focus of the players on the ice (and IIRC was also on the boards on the same side as the benches), so their reaction would be different from those of us with the benefit of TV cameras (conversely, what we can often see is a perfectly legal hit can appear dirty at ice level, which sometimes leads to unnecessary fights).

Often we hear coaches and players say they don't know what happened at a particular moment in a game (and it's not just hockey - it's common in football too), and we scoff. How could they not know, we ask, forgetting or just not understanding that our TV screens offer us a comprehensive picture, compared to large, teeming bodies at eye level moving in the blink of an eye.

If fans want to stand in judgement of players for what they perceive as not being a good teammate, that's their prerogative. It makes for a lively discussion. But ultimately it doesn't make any difference - what matters is how the players feel about each other. I never got the impression that his teammates didn't care about Savard, but maybe that's just me.

I hope Czarnick feels better soon. It was heartening to see him skating before practice.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Gudas was not tossed from the game. There was replay on Jumbotron I'm sure. There were opportunities to at least challenge him to a fight.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I hear it a lot but it cannot be measured, it is not a fact but on faith. I am faithfully hoping they have chemistry this year.

Actually it can be confirmed here:
http://www.masslive.com/bruins/index...surprised.html

It can also be confirmed by playing and realizing your teammates will stand up for you and the other team realizing the same thing.

Many things in life cannot be statistically quantified but it doesn't make them any less real.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Gudas was not tossed from the game. There was replay on Jumbotron I'm sure. There were opportunities to at least challenge him to a fight.

There were but who was going to, Randell had been sent down to make room for Hayes, the devil incarnate McQuaid was injured as was K.Miller and Himmler on skates Rinaldo was already in Providence. Backes shouldn't have to be fighting more than once a game. Belesky or Carlo should have stepped up but this was a really important preseason game with a lot on the line so the Bruins couldn't afford to be shorthanded :sarcasm:

Also I doubt Gudas would have readily accepted a fight, so whoever went after him would have had to take the instigator, which has become a built in excuse for players when they won't stick up for a teammate.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Carlo is an absolutely horrible fighter. Campbell could probably win a fight against Carlo

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Still waiting for an explanation about how the B's supposedly had a tough close knit team the year they won the Cup (and it played a role), and yet many guys on that team stood by and did nothing when Savard got cheap-shotted by Cooke...

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Carlo is an absolutely horrible fighter. Campbell could probably win a fight against Carlo

Not the point, Carlo should have stood up for his teammate. As a rookie it would have gone a long way to integrating him into the team and earning respect knowing that his teammates could count on him.

Gudas isn't exactly Bob Probert in his prime either.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Still waiting for an explanation about how the B's supposedly had a tough close knit team the year they won the Cup (and it played a role), and yet many guys on that team stood by and did nothing when Savard got cheap-shotted by Cooke...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not the point, Carlo should have stood up for his teammate. As a rookie it would have gone a long way to integrating him into the team and earning respect knowing that his teammates could count on him.

Gudas isn't exactly Bob Probert in his prime either.

your assuming he hasn`t already been nicely integrating himself into the team and hasn`t already earned much respect in the dressing room.

I`m not against scrapping, quite enjoy it, would I have liked to see a response? Sure I guess so, also watched the play unfold via highlights and watched it 3-4 times and saw 4 Bruins on the ice following the puck/play and I`m not 100% convinced any of them saw the play unfold as it was a late hit and the puck already was onto another area on the ice.

Now, if and when the Flyers play the B`s next, IMO, THAT would be the time where I would be disappointed if no Bruin doesn`t get in the face of Gudas

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Cooke was tossed from the game if i recall correctly. Only Michael Ryder saw the hit. And i remember reading somewhere that the replay didn't come up on Jumbotron for a bit. Wasn't that game in Pittsburgh?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Cooke was tossed from the game if i recall correctly. Only Michael Ryder saw the hit. And i remember reading somewhere that the replay didn't come up on Jumbotron for a bit. Wasn't that game in Pittsburgh?

not even sure Cooke called for a penalty on the play

sorry, just saw Glory posted the same

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Guys, I hear it's not possible to ever truly love someone because love can't be measured by a scientist. Help me out here.

Not a good comparable. If you claimed your love for one person made aonther person better at their job 5 months later.... then yeah I'd want some evidence. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad