Who'll stop The Reign: The 2023-24 Ontario Reign Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Agreed -- not a fan of the idea of turc playing a 4th line role.
I'd love to see Turc come up to take over for Laf -- if/when Laf hits a wall and needs a rest to reset a bit.
Let Turcotte center Fiala and PLD a few games. Love Laf but it won’t hurt for him to sit and watch the game at this level for a few games. Even a back to back situation.

I think both Laf and Turc have promising futures and we need to keep injecting the cheap contracts into our lineup.

funky

Mar 9, 2002
Nice bounce back game for Portillo, saving 30 of 31 in a 2-1 victory for the Reign over Tucson. Portillo and Rittich have the same save pct at .903.
Hope the guy pans out and has a long NHL career. Even as a 1B or backup. We really have had nothing in our system goaltending wise for quite a while now.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Hope the guy pans out and has a long NHL career. Even as a 1B or backup. We really have had nothing in our system goaltending wise for quite a while now.
Will take a few years but who knows this kid we have in our system now.

1699727788566.jpg

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Guess who is leading the team in Game Winning Goal? That goon, Jacob Doty with 3 for the Season. Congrats big guy.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Guess who is leading the team in Game Winning Goal? That goon, Jacob Doty with 3 for the Season. Congrats big guy.
Further proving the AHL is not a great league to develop high end talent. It is catered to physical guys trying to get their shot in the pros and depth players to learn a pro teams system so there can be next-man-up if injuries pile up on the big club.
It is a pretty good for defensive defensemen also.

funky

Mar 9, 2002
Yeah, big fan of Slukynsky as far as what I've read. Still trying to catch some game action.

Most impressive is he's put up these numbers while being self-taught. He's never had a goalie coach before.
I did not know that. Thought I did my research on him but I definitely missed that. That’s very impressive.

Reactions: King'sPawn

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I did not know that. Thought I did my research on him but I definitely missed that. That’s very impressive.
That's sort of the norm for high school kids in Minnesota as far back as the 90s. About all most kids ever get is a former goalie that occasionally comes to a practice as a consultant or the odd head coach here and there that was a goalie.

90% of what I learned about being a goalie was from summer camps where you'd learn alongside 20-30 other goalies at the same time. Once the season starts though you take what you learn and us it at practice so you're largely dependent on your own work ethic for training.

Reactions: funky

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
Clarke with another primary assist and +2. He seems to be playing well. Anyone watching the games can confirm?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Went to the game - first Reign game. Had a blast. Glass seats for nothing.

Saw Marc Bergeron and Pinelli both walking around.

JAD and Fagemo both had great games. Doty had a sick wraparound.
How much did you pay for glass seats if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad