Who'll stop The Reign: The 2023-24 Ontario Reign Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
because of course there's a man named wyatte wylie on the greenville swamp rabbits
Truth be told, Wylie was signed by the Reign to an AHL contract, but has been the odd man out (he's been an AHL regular the last two years, had never played in the ECHL before) on the right side D with everyone playing well, so he was sent down for a couple games to get to playing time in.

Reactions: tny760

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Looks like Turcotte's line was the only line that showed up. 3 secondary assists I see.

I haven't been able to watch many of the AHL games this year, but Turcotte seems to be doing pretty good so far. Currently 2nd on the team in scoring and at a PPG pace. Crazy to think since being drafted, he hasn't played more than 40 games in a season.

Hope he can stay healthy as that seems to be the only thing keeping him back from the NHL.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I haven't been able to watch many of the AHL games this year, but Turcotte seems to be doing pretty good so far. Currently 2nd on the team in scoring and at a PPG pace. Crazy to think since being drafted, he hasn't played more than 40 games in a season.

Hope he can stay healthy as that seems to be the only thing keeping him back from the NHL.
That and Blake Lizotte at the moment.

Reactions: Eagle Fang

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Is Hodson hurt?
Yes, Hodgson, Hicketts and Lee are injured and out of the line up. With Fagemo being claimed, and Laferriere making the Kings due to the Arvidsson injury, the team is not near as deep as hoped preseason. They can still be pretty good, but definitely not as stacked. Rookie Portillo in net will experience some growing pains, he did not look comfortable against the Eagles when he faced a lot of shots for the first time. Clarke and Turcotte could probably step into the NHL and not miss a beat, just have to limit the risk in their respective games as some of the things they try in the A may not be advisable in front of TMAC. Chromiak is starting to take some steps looks more assertive, his compete has improved quite a bit. He has an excellent release, puck work improving. May get at least a look next season. Pinelli has some pretty good defense IQ, he may be a year or two out from getting a serious look, but has potential. Other than that, IMO the pipeline has dried up for the AHL eligible players and the recent drafts save a couple guys don't look too promising. Some say Helenius but I don't see it at all so far, and Madden and Thomas seem to be going down the need a fresh chance somewhere else, don't see an NHL future. A decent chance neither are qualified in June.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Rittich couldn't catch a good bounce all night. Reign out shot the Eagles by 20 shots, it's always a tough building for them. The curse continues. Effort was much better on this game.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Yes, Hodgson, Hicketts and Lee are injured and out of the line up. With Fagemo being claimed, and Laferriere making the Kings due to the Arvidsson injury, the team is not near as deep as hoped preseason. They can still be pretty good, but definitely not as stacked. Rookie Portillo in net will experience some growing pains, he did not look comfortable against the Eagles when he faced a lot of shots for the first time. Clarke and Turcotte could probably step into the NHL and not miss a beat, just have to limit the risk in their respective games as some of the things they try in the A may not be advisable in front of TMAC. Chromiak is starting to take some steps looks more assertive, his compete has improved quite a bit. He has an excellent release, puck work improving. May get at least a look next season. Pinelli has some pretty good defense IQ, he may be a year or two out from getting a serious look, but has potential. Other than that, IMO the pipeline has dried up for the AHL eligible players and the recent drafts save a couple guys don't look too promising. Some say Helenius but I don't see it at all so far, and Madden and Thomas seem to be going down the need a fresh chance somewhere else, don't see an NHL future. A decent chance neither are qualified in June.
Well said agree with everything. Since being regarded as having one of the best farm systems only Turcs and Clarke are the only two that may see NHL time with the parent club in the future. As you mentioned Laferriere is up at the moment and Byfield and Spence are already on the big club so the Reign may be a bit thin on depth. Thomas and Maddon have been underwhelming but I wasn't too impressed with them in the first place. I like Pinelli and Chromiak but they are a few years away for sure. Not having a first rounder in the past two drafts doesn't help our farm just hope someone steps up and surprise us.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Rittich couldn't catch a good bounce all night. Reign out shot the Eagles by 20 shots, it's always a tough building for them. The curse continues. Effort was much better on this game.

Hilarious how much the baby Kings are just like the big club. Same strengths, same weaknesses, same crippling Achilles heels.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
That and Blake Lizotte at the moment.

Perhaps though I'm not Turcotte on the 4th line in the NHL is a good idea at this point. I don't know how the actual line match ups have been, but it seems like Lizotte's line goes against the oppositions 4th line a fair bit and he takes a lot of punishment. Turcotte in that role would be.... unerving for a lot of us :D

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Agreed -- not a fan of the idea of turc playing a 4th line role.
I'd love to see Turc come up to take over for Laf -- if/when Laf hits a wall and needs a rest to reset a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad