Who would Detroit take at 4?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who should the Wings draft 4th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Isn't the O considered a Zero D league? Plus he (1) like the oldest player in the draft; and (2) played on a line with another arguably Top 12 pick in Jack Quinn. Or did Rossi make Quinn look that good?

Personally, I voted for Raymond a few days ago because I like the idea of a skilled righty and the Mitch Marner comps I've read. But today I'm leaning more and more towards Perfetti. Totally not scientific, but he's one of the only top guys who still looks like a kid - could have some growth left in him. Skating can be worked on, and even if he didn't improve he'd still be a second line, PP1 guy.
I think the Q used ti be considered the a Zero D League but the O never was and Laf is only about 2 weeks younger than Rossi. Rossi may have had better linemates but he put up those numbers while be renowned for his defensive game.
I am definitely not arguing that Rossi is as good a prospect as Laf but he is close. He seems like a player who is in the Yzerman, Zetterberg, Datsyuk mold to me, I don't know why Zetterberg Era would think he would be such a terrible pick at 4.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Let's hope Stutzle falls or else I'm quite satisfied with overall quality of players at 4OA, I just hope the Wings end up picking the right player. Still a frustrating situation.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
The Askarov situation just got real, boys.

Still not sure that who Yzerman favors, but now I'll have 4 months to convince everyone here the Russian goaltender is the best way for us to salvage this draft.
There could potentially be another elite goalie in the 2021 draft. Jesper Wallstedt

Reactions: Marky9er

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
There could potentially be another elite goalie in the 2021 draft. Jesper Wallstedt

I don't think he is as good as either Askarov or Knight. I wouldn't pick him top 10, the other guys were worth considering there.

I do think he should have a mid to lower tier first round grade from what I have seen. Like Oettinger in Dallas.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I don't think he is as good as either Askarov or Knight. I wouldn't pick him top 10, the other guys were worth considering there.

I do think he should have a mid to lower tier first round grade from what I have seen. Like Oettinger in Dallas.
It’s early so we’ll see. If he can hold down a SHL job and look good he could move up the draft rankings but yeah right now he seems more mid-late 1st round

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Watching some Drysdale videos and gotta say Im not going to be mad if we go that route. No Sanderson. Not at #4.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Raymond, Drysdale or Askarov.

IF we take Askarov or Drysdale, I think I would be ok trading Mantha for a haul sometime after the next draft lottery. If we get 1 I’d consider keeping him, but I think a major blow up needs to happen and he’d be the guy to bring in pieces.

If we take Raymond, I think we ride it out, hope he hits and have a very good group of wingers.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
After Laf/Byfield/Stutzle, would go with this order:
Raymond
Askarov
Drysdale
Perfetti
Rossi
Sanderson
Holtz

will change my mind

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
Drysdale.

We all know that Right Handed Shot Dmen are ridiculously hard to find.

Add him to the pipeline and keep stocking the future D core.

Forwards are a dime a dozen and the team will continually be picking in the top 5 for the next few years, so it's worth the pick.

Other than that, trust Stevie Y no matter what the pick is.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
How much would it cost to move up one spot from 4 to 3? Would our second do it? Our early second? I remember Brian burke moved up two spots in the top 5 one ear and it cost a second and a third. Maybe our second does the trick. I want one of byfield or Stuzle.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Sanderson/Perfetti/Askarov
3 guys with potential to be special players at a position of need.
There is nothing “special” about Sanderson. Geez. He’s a good skating, bigger than average, not overly physical, defensive defensemen. Chill out a little bit. I’ve never seen someone obsess over a player randomly when he hasn’t even played in three months.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm warming up to the idea of Perfetti. He's listed as a center/lw. Now that I know where DRWs are drafting, I set some focus in that range.

And the fact that Perfetti has the best hockey IQ and vision in the draft, and the best hands and an underrated shot, he could project as a #1 center.

The only knock I can find on him is nobody praises his skating, and rarely do they criticize it either. His edge-work seems fine, but his first 2 steps are lacking in speed. Not something I'd worry about. His style is to slow the game down to his pace anyhow; think Datsyuk. He seems to love backhand shots, which seems pretty dangerous. Enough to make Zetterberg blush.

To me, this kid could be the steal of the draft.

out of the hyped up kids discussed here, Rossi is the one I want to avoid the most. He has disappointment written all over him. Have OTT 67s produced any stars lately?

Raymond looks interesting, but he's not center. I say pass.

My order is:

-Perfetti
-Drysdale
-Askarov

Last edited:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I'm warming up to the idea of Perfetti. He's listed as a center/lw. Now that I know where DRWs are drafting, I set some focus in that range.

And the fact that Perfetti has the best hockey IQ and vision in the draft, and the best hands and an underrated shot, he could project as a #1 center.

The only knock I can find on him is nobody praises his skating, and rarely do they criticize it either. His edge-work seems fine, but his first 2 steps are lacking in speed. Not something I'd worry about. His style is to slow the game down to his pace anyhow; think Datsyuk. He seems to love backhand shots, which seems pretty dangerous. Enough to make Zetterberg blush.

To me, this kid could be the steal of the draft.

out of the hyped up kids discussed here, Rossi is the one I want to avoid the most. He has disappointment written all over him. Have OTT 67s produced any stars lately?

Raymond looks interesting, but he's not center. I say pass.

My order is:

-Perfetti
-Drysdale
-Askarov

he does play for Saginaw so i'm sure the Wings have gotten a good look at him at least

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I don't know what I want. I'm still feeling very pessimistic. We needed one of the big 3, because they are all at or near NHL ready, and NHL readiness is a huge deal to our trainwreck of a roster right now. Like I'm sitting here thinking that even though a few others have higher ceilings than him and that I don't think he's the 4th best option in this draft, that Marco Rossi should be the guy merely because of how close he already is.

Who do I personally believe to be the best pick available though? Drysdale. Only problem is Drysdale will absolutely, without any excuse have to become the calibre of Dahlin/Heiskanen/Hughes/Makar otherwise this lottery will go down as one the darkest days in Wings history.

Hopefully though Ottawa goes off the board. It's not unusual for that to happen at 3rd OA

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
How much would it cost to move up one spot from 4 to 3? Would our second do it? Our early second? I remember Brian burke moved up two spots in the top 5 one ear and it cost a second and a third. Maybe our second does the trick. I want one of byfield or Stuzle.

The skill gap, potential and NHL-readiness of the top three picks is too large to move from 4 to 3 without a significant add, IMO.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Surprised I'm the only one voting for Lundell. All others on that list aren't elite talents and are undersized on top of it. I'd rather go with a wild card than to draft an undersized middle six forward or a smallish and soft 3rd pairing one way defenseman early in the first round. Nice players maybe but not the ones who are gonna put a rebuilding team over the top.

Lundell would be an option. Also liking Amirov, Foerster, Mercer, Guhle, Schneider or Barron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad