Who would Detroit take at 4?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who should the Wings draft 4th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I like Rossi as a player. He definitely does things well that I value. But I also have a hard time with projecting him up a level.

I mean what NHL guy are we hoping he is? He doesn’t really play like Brayden Point. He doesn’t really play like Claude Giroux. Are we hoping for... like a Brad Marchand?
He models his game after Pavel Datsyuk and that's his best case scenario and ceiling. I could dig up the quotes and videos but you have already seen them.

You prefer Raymond and your most likely right. But, it doesn't feel *quite* right to me bc I think size is a concern with both of them, but afaik Rossi has 15 or 20 pounds on Raymond. I think it would be nice to see some updates on that. I think it is likely Raymond goes b4 Rossi and even Stutzle, but I don't think Rossi's height is a reason why. He's a bulldog.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He models his game after Pavel Datsyuk and that's his best case scenario and ceiling. I could dig up the quotes and videos but you have already seen them.

You prefer Raymond and your most likely right. But, it doesn't feel *quite* right to me bc I think size is a concern with both of them, but afaik Rossi has 15 or 20 pounds on Raymond. I think it would be nice to see some updates on that. I think it is likely Raymond goes b4 Rossi and even Stutzle, but I don't think Rossi's height is a reason why. He's a bulldog.

That’s great that Rossi idolized Datsyuk, but Raymond is far more likely to toe-drag or beat someone 1 on 1 with his puck skills IMO.

Rossi is strong on the puck like Datsyuk, and he has great vision. But I don’t think he is necessarily this big dangler folks think.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
That’s great that Rossi idolized Datsyuk, but Raymond is far more likely to toe-drag or beat someone 1 on 1 with his puck skills IMO.

Rossi is strong on the puck like Datsyuk, and he has great vision. But I don’t think he is necessarily this big dangler folks think.
Yeah that's fine. I've seen glimpses and while I don't think he's likely going to hit that level, he has some shiftyness and vision.
I simply don't accept size as a reason why Raymond is better. Skating, hands, yeah fine I see that. There's been a bit of a narrative that Rossi is too small, and I don't buy into that...I like him a lot and it's not because he's particularly talented, he just try's harder.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
I think we have to go D if we miss out one the big 3 forwards. Fewer defensemen become available in free agency than forwards.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Based on the poll it looks like there are 4 clear front runners for spot 4 if we miss the big 3 with Raymond taking the lead.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't know which team going to get #4 ,but I believe it's going to be Perfetti

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
In a interview i listened to, Craig Button said that Cole Perfetti was his 2nd favorite after Alexis Lafreniere.

In terms of pure offense, Perfetti is probably the most dangerous player in the top 10. His shot is so deceptive and he's great at dishing the puck. Scouts seem higher on him than the internet is.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Since all I got is what the scouts have say on any particular prospect - I’ll go with Drysdale.

One scout compared him favorably to Scott Neidermayer - sign me up!

If anything - in a few years we could be the envy of the league when it comes to our corps on D.

I can live with that.

Reactions: mantha39

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
In terms of pure offense, Perfetti is probably the most dangerous player in the top 10. His shot is so deceptive and he's great at dishing the puck. Scouts seem higher on him than the internet is.
Hey we need all the help we can get, I'm definitely not against drafting cole Perfetti. Honestly a 2nd line of Perfetti-Veleno-Zadina could be pretty lethal in 2 or 3 years.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Can’t wait to get a goalie or a defensive defenseman. This teams gonna be trash for awhile. What a f***ing joke.
Sanderson + Seider + Hronek + 1/2 more of our prospects panning out means we can focus on forwards - who tend to peak at a young age anyway.
The quickest rebuild probably means loading up on defense this year, and then spending the next 3-4 years building our forward group.

By the time Hronek is 27, Seider will be 25 and Sanderson will be 23.
That's a good age to put us back in the playoffs - and build from there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sanderson + Seider + Hronek + 1/2 more of our prospects panning out means we can focus on forwards - who tend to peak at a young age anyway.
The quickest rebuild probably means loading up on defense this year, and then spending the next 3-4 years building our forward group.

By the time Hronek is 27, Seider will be 25 and Sanderson will be 23.
That's a good age to put us back in the playoffs - and build from there.

I’m glad you started liking Sanderson in the last 2 weeks, but screw that. Don’t want a Bogosian/McDonagh in the top 5. This team needs a possession-driving different maker.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Sanderson could be ready for the 21-22 season.
I belt Holtz might be ready in D+1.
Ok, so this team will be a bottom feeder for at least another three or four years before they become impact players? Yzerman needs to consider rebuilding the rebuild at this point because the current core will be too old by the time the Red Wings will be ready again.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'd go Drysdale

I wonder if LA would do something like 4th overall + Cholowski + something else small for 2nd overall under the premise of them having Cholowski, Drysdale/ Sanderson and whatever else we give them to plug in around Doughty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad