Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think we’re down to Igor or Troch for the Rangers. Maybe an outside chance for Mika if he really booms the next 6 wins.

But our two best players have easily been those first two so far these playoffs.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
I think the concept of the Conn Smythe should be different. I mean, it should be awarded to the playoff's most valuable player, not just to the player with the most points on the winning team. So yeah, McDavid is clearly the best player in the playoffs at the moment and should be the frontrunner for it.
I like the Smythe as is, it is not always the leading scorer, but most often the MVP for the winning team. Even though it has in the past, I don't think it should ever go to a loser; it being a winning performance is part of the award in my mind. As it is now, it is IMO the most special player award in the league; it memorializes your performance that lead your team to a cup. You tell someone the winning team and Smythe winner and they'll have a good idea what that winning run looked like.

I'm not even sure players would even want the Conn Smythe if they lost. They award it on the ice; it wouldn't hit the same if the winner was golfing.

Reactions: heksagon

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
I meant the positive he turned it into
Good sportsmanship I find it hard to hate the Stars
Fair
My apologies for misunderstanding
You obviously understand the circumstances surrounding this particular song and it’s meaning.

:cheers:

Reactions: CN8

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Draisaitl was better than McDavid through the first two rounds, but McDavid has been Edmonton's best player against Dallas (their best opponent so far).

As of now, he has to be their leading Smythe candidate, with Bouchard being in the conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad