Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Since game 2 against Dallas? That's a reach. He plays alot of hockey for someone injured that much. Not like more than half of both rosters are probably have some injuries at this point.

You have to follow and watch the games and these players on a regular basis. If you don’t know Draisaitl has likely been playing with some sort of injury to the index finger of his shooting hand for nearly a month now, which perfectly coincides with his overnight transformation into a much lesser player, nothing I say will convince you.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If Panthers win its Bob for me. Bennett is making a case for himself but even with a couple of iffy outings, Bob's been amazing through the playoffs.

If Oilers win its McDavid. If they push it to a game 7 and McDavid shines in the final two games (especially if he challenged more records) then he may steal it.

But again for me it's still Bob if Florida wins it.
Bob is amazing and if he wins the cup I will be happy for him. But he is sub .900 in the finals and has been pulled once. Last 3 games, to me, removed him from conversation. However.. a 40 savee shutout tonight might change the conversation

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Barkov needs to score like at least 5 goals in the next 2 games and McDavid virtually be shut out to have any kind of chance. McDavid is doubling him in points.
I mean, that's what I was saying. It's the ONLY way it doesn't go to McDavid (deservedly so). Barkov would have to do what McDavid did the past two games while he goes silent. Not happening.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Since game 2 against Dallas? That's a reach. He plays alot of hockey for someone injured that much. Not like more than half of both rosters are probably have some injuries at this point.
If you have EVER watched him in the playoffs previously, being injured is BY FAR the most logical explanation.
Matthews he aint.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Else Ermine

Jun 1, 2024
Was it last year or the year before that where he very visibly could barely turn on his skates and still absolutely crushed it? The guy is a machine in the playoffs and always has been. Why anyone who's ever paid attention would doubt he's significantly banged up is beyond me.
He was physically struggling in game 1 or 2 against Vancouver. I didn't watch their LA series but as you said, they're all carrying injuries now. Nick

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
If Panthers win its Bob for me. Bennett is making a case for himself but even with a couple of iffy outings, Bob's been amazing through the playoffs.

If Oilers win its McDavid. If they push it to a game 7 and McDavid shines in the final two games (especially if he challenged more records) then he may steal it.

But again for me it's still Bob if Florida wins it.
There's a 0% chance that a guy with 14 points is winning the Conn Smythe over a player with 42, regardless of which team ends up taking the Cup.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
There's a 0% chance that a guy with 14 points is winning the Conn Smythe over a player with 42, regardless of which team ends up taking the Cup.

Yeah both his and Bob's chances have gone down significantly.

But hey McDavid wasn't on the scoreboard tonight either. Would have been big money in the betting world I'd imagine.

Reactions: Incognito

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Votes have to be in 10 minutes before the end of game 7. If it's even remotely close it'll be McDavid, unless Barkov has a hatty by then.
Barkov could have a 5 goal game and McDavid would still win it.

Bobrovsky has no chance of winning it even if he gets a shutout and scores an empty net goal on top of that.

Reactions: MXD

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Votes have to be in 10 minutes before the end of game 7. If it's even remotely close it'll be McDavid, unless Barkov has a hatty by then.
only if there is 3 or more lead in the game. If it is down to a one goal game they do not vote till the game is over

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This is McDavids win or lose. I'm sure he will absolutely hate getting it in the lose.

He's making his case to join the elite 4. He's still got some things left to do but a Cup and a Smythe, especially in this era, gets him very very close.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It's 100% McDavid now unless Bob has a game 1 level steal in game 7. If that doesn't happen the Panthers will need a strong team game to win, which imo means it's unlikely that anybody on the team overtakes 97. Then of course if the Oilers win it's a formality.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Game 7 will be career defining for McDavid.

If the Oilers lose, he probably wins the Smythe in a losing effort. However having no Cup would feel incomplete.

If Oilers win, then he absolutely remold the big 4 into a big 5 :

1) Gretzky
2) Lemieux
3) Orr
4) Howe
5) McDavid

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
McDavid just has to win it now - There is no competition at all.

And when it goes to 7 in such a tough matchup it's perfectly alright to give it to him even if Edmonton loses.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
It's 100% McDavid now unless Bob has a game 1 level steal in game 7. If that doesn't happen the Panthers will need a strong team game to win, which imo means it's unlikely that anybody on the team overtakes 97. Then of course if the Oilers win it's a formality.

After game 6, Brobovsky barely plays for 0.900. He's cooked.

It's 100% McDavid now.

Reactions: Czechboy

Pucklington

Zum Bäcker.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
I watched McDavid live, I watched Gretzky live. There is no doubt in my mind McDavid will be considered the greatest when he is done.

Comparable would be Wilt vs Jordan. Points don't matter after you understand the context of era.

Reactions: chaosrevolver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad