Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
McDavid might've been deserving, but he doesn't even want it, doesn't come to get it, and it's awkward for everyone. And that Giguere picture with the Smythe is one of the saddest in hockey history.

IMO they should just make it an official rule that the Smythe MUST go to a player from the Stanley Cup winning team.

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Of course haters are going to find reasons to criticize McDavid for not coming out.

How about looking at it this way: he does not care about individual awards and he would have felt terrible going out there while his teammates are dealing with losing game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals. That's him being selfless.

:rolleyes:
Seriously…

People always say how he only cares about individual awards and accolades…then when he doesn’t receive his award after a losing effort…”omg what a poor sport!!”

People will hate McDavid for any reason they can find. Just a bunch of posters with nothing else to do

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
McDavid want nothing to do with this after losing but he’s the deserving player. Unbelievable playoffs.

edit- wait are people really giving him shit for not coming out? That’s ridiculous. He’s crushed right now and he’s the captain. He’s likely comforting his guys after an absolute grind of a season and gut wrenching devastating 1 goal game 7 loss in the cup finals.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
I mean I can’t disagree with the decision overall. But getting blanked the last 2 games is not great. If Florida would’ve just won game 5 and finished the series then, I would have no issue with McDavid getting the conn smythe which probably sounds weird.

Reactions: Chinaski89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad