Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tillain

Oct 12, 2008
Halifax
E
Of course haters are going to find reasons to criticize McDavid for not coming out.

How about looking at it this way: he does not care about individual awards and he would have felt terrible going out there while his teammates are dealing with losing game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals. That's him being selfless.

:rolleyes:
Exactly. He's a team first guy. He would have felt super awkward going out and accepting a reward while his teammates are mourning losing it all

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Of course haters are going to find reasons to criticize McDavid for not coming out.

How about looking at it this way: he does not care about individual awards and he would have felt terrible going out there while his teammates are dealing with losing game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals. That's him being selfless.

:rolleyes:
McDavid doesn't care about individual awards? You should think about what you're saying before you post lol. Even his own teammates think he just cares about his stats.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Absolutely no brainer. There wasn't a standout player on Florida, they just chugged along as a cohesive unit and the gap between the best player on that team and McDavid was far too large to ignore.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
McDavid might've been deserving, but he doesn't even want it, doesn't come to get it, and it's awkward for everyone. And that Giguere picture with the Smythe is one of the saddest in hockey history.

IMO they should just make it an official rule that the Smythe MUST go to a player from the Stanley Cup winning team.
Just get rid of the silly trophy, or have where no one wins it or something

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
8uwwax.jpg

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
It doesn't at all, actually.

If Kucherov is in the Bahamas on Thursday when he wins the Hart, I wouldn't give shit about that either.
With that attitude, the Conn Smythe is meaningless. Might as well not award it anymore. Yeah, sure, sure.

It's important for a player of that caliber to treat that special trophy with respect. There should be no other response than some kind of disappointment that the league's legendary player let us down.

Reactions: Sentinel

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
If I was mcdavid I would not come get it either. Tell them vote for someone from the winning team.
Guigure, Hextall, Leach and Crozier all did it what makes him so f***ing special and above them, it's pissing in the face of the league, the fans and being a little entitled brat, I remember this board pissing and moaning all summer in 09 when Sid didnt shake hands with the all mighty Kirk Maltby because he couldnt wait an extra 2 f***ing seconds when he was being mobbed by the media.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
With that attitude, the Conn Smythe is meaningless. Might as well not award it anymore. Yeah, sure, sure.

It's important for a player of that caliber to treat that special trophy with respect. There should be no other response than some kind of disappointment that the league's legendary player let us down.
LOL. "Let us down". Get over yourself.

Reactions: js2k6

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, expected and justified - just a bit of an anti-climax to give it to a losing team player. He was very uneven in this series, but still showed his amazing talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad