Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Demidovs playstyle is loved so much by the Hawks fan base that if KD picks Levshunov over Demidov and he is wrong, the fan base will turn on him. Even if he ends up being right about Levshunov over Demidov, no-one will give him gratitude. This decision is incredibly difficult and monumental for KD

• Haha
Reactions: Cubs2024wildcard

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I’ve wondered about this last year. Felt like they might’ve been tempted by Fantillis skating and size combo but knew that passing on Bedard would be a fire able offense if it didn’t work out. Fans certainly drive coaches out of town
Demidovs playstyle is loved so much by the Hawks fan base that if KD picks Levshunov over Demidov and he is wrong, the fan base will turn on him. Even if he ends up being right about Levshunov over Demidov, no-one will give him gratitude. This decision is incredibly difficult and monumental for KD
too

• Haha
Reactions: Cubs2024wildcard

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Was not expecting Demidov to weigh anything close to that much. Thought he'd come in 10lbs lighter.

The crazy one there is Shuravin though. 6'4" 218lbs! His updated measurements from like a month ago was 198lbs lol.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Was not expecting Demidov to weigh anything close to that much. Thought he'd come in 10lbs lighter.

The crazy one there is Shuravin though. 6'4" 218lbs! His updated measurements from like a month ago was 198lbs lol.

Yeah I instantly thought of this classic comic when I saw that:

1718893514290.png

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm more encouraged by the 192 number. Thick kid already. I've been on this train for a bit now, once Catton was no longer a realistic one. Demidov is 100% the pick at 2.

The talent combination with the work ethic discussion, the size, and the person. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Yep. He probably ends up being at 6'1 and 200-205lbs in his prime NHL years.

I'll be really disappointed if they don't take him.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Yep. He probably ends up being at 6'1 and 200-205lbs in his prime NHL years.

I'll be really disappointed if they don't take him.

I'm trying to take emotion out of this. Are there any whispers of San Jose liking him a lot? If not, it might mean that we are seeing what we want to see and not what is there.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm trying to take emotion out of this. Are there any whispers of San Jose liking him a lot? If not, it might mean that we are seeing what we want to see and not what is there.
There are rumors that another NHL club is spreading disinformation about him to try and get him to drop to them... so I'd say we're not just seeing what we want to see.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Craig Button has Demidov at#2 and Levshunov only at #8...says Lev will be big minutes solid guy but not dynamic...that Demidov much higher ceiling ...

...compares Levshunov to Seider or Petrangelo...

Compares Demidov to Kucherov..

Not that I agree with everything on his rankings...but ...methinks 100% of fans would take Kucherov potential over Seider/Petrangeloi level talent ..

and so now that Demidov is bigger than we first thought,I think that cinches it...Demidov at #2...Clear BPA over Levshunov ..

Right?

Last edited:

ello

Jun 12, 2018
So Demidov is bigger and heavier than Celebrini and Iginla

Might be getting ahead of myself here, but he’s in the mold of like those skilled players like Kaner, Kuch, Gaudreau, Marner, Kaprisov right? How many of those guys are over 6 foot and around 200 pounds, where he’s probably going to play at in a couple of years

I think he has a real shot of being a bit of a unicorn in the NHL, especially if he can continue to fill out his frame or even continues his little recent growth spurt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
At #18 I like any 1 of 3 options of which we could see all 3vorxat least 2 still on the board:

Stian Solberg LD (expect this big riser now gets picked 15-20 range;Michael Hage C/RW ( expect he gets picked 18-21 ) ,range Yegor SurinRW/C (expect he gets picked 19-31 range)...

If Hawks take Demidov at#2 then
Probably not takibg another Russian at#18...but maybe Hawks trade back up into 20s if Surin still there mid to late 20s?

If Hawks took Hage at #18 then #34 or if this used with #50 to move back up into mid to latex3rd ,they would probably then take a dman with their 3rd selection.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Odds have just increased for Hawks to take Lev

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240620_112522.jpg
    Screenshot_20240620_112522.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 5

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
At #18 I like any 1 of 3 options of which we could see all 3vorxat least 2 still on the board:

Stian Solberg LD (expect this big riser now gets picked 15-20 range;Michael Hage C/RW ( expect he gets picked 18-21 ) ,range Yegor SurinRW/C (expect he gets picked 19-31 range)...

If Hawks take Demidov at#2 then
Probably not takibg another Russian at#18...but maybe Hawks trade back up into 20s if Surin still there mid to late 20s?

If Hawks took Hage at #18 then #34 or if this used with #50 to move back up into mid to latex3rd ,they would probably then take a dman with their 3rd selection.
Are you Stian Solberg's father? I have never seen someone pump a single player so hard in my life.

If you are his father, well, congratulations. Your son is a very talented hockey player.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Being 190+ with those legs is wild. No wonder his skating is average. He’s got 150 lbs above his waist!
He looks lean, overall. Yeah, his legs are thinner, but the muscle definition is there. Look at his quads above his knees. Just because his BMI is low, doesn't mean he isn't strong as an ox. Don't see any issue with it, at this point. He can add 10lbs of muscle on his legs and clock in around 200-205. A 6'1, 200lb, defensively responsible, very offensively-talented winger to play with Bedard? Sign me up.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
As someone who bodybuilds I think the angle is deceiving for his legs. Id actually say his quads look quite developed

You can see clear development of the medial head of his quad that is only really prominent on people with strong quad development. A lower angle with shorter shorts (lol) would probably show a lot more size.

Calves are small but I dont think ankle plantar flexion plays much of a role in skating. McDavids calves are very average

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
As someone who bodybuilds I think the angle is deceiving for his legs.

You can see clear development of the medial head of his quad that is only really prominent on people with strong quad development. A lower angle with shorter shorts (lol) would probably show a lot more size.

Calves are small but I dont think ankle plantar flexion plays much of a role in skating. McDavids calves are very average
Great minds think alike. My post just above yours. ;)

Reactions: Malaka and Mrfenn92

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Demi is really strong on his skates. That's one of his more positive attributes.

I wouldn't worry too much about what his legs look like.

As someone who bodybuilds I think the angle is deceiving for his legs. Id actually say his quads look quite developed

Him at the same age
5ef30cba92534.image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad