Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Imagine being Paul Goodman and a big port of your job is to look at 17-18 year old boys and project them as adults. “Oh yea this boy is a good one!”

The nfl is a whole nother level though.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Discussing the bodies of eighteen year old kids in such detail is always so weird to me.
Fair, but at the same time, it's a big part of assessing professional athletes at this point, and people are going pro at young ages these days.

I don't see it being weird saying he has good muscle definition in respect to assessing him as a potentially drafted professional athlete. Just my 2 cents. Context matters, obviously.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Fair, but at the same time, it's a big part of assessing professional athletes at this point, and people are going pro at young ages these days.

I don't see it being weird saying he has good muscle definition in respect to assessing him as a potentially drafted professional athlete. Just my 2 cents. Context matters, obviously.
To me. I understand the context and why people do it but my scouting is pretty much entirely based on their ability on the ice unless they've got red flags off of it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No ..notcStian Solberg's father...just "pumping" him for#18 even though we are deep with LD in our pipeline.. but none of them including Vlasic is as physical and agile and God sjatibgvall directions as this kid..He was so very good d for a bad Norway team at the World Jrs AND agaibstbmen at the World Hockey Championship
..Goodcsizexat over 6'2 and 205 and already very strong ...Greatvibstinctscforxdefending and erasing guys out of thevokay abd clearing net front...pulverized guys into the boards..I saw all of this and conmented on these boards that thisvkis reminded me of Scott Stevens...I am sure the Hawks could use a dman that plays school like Stevens whonoposibgbforwards feared to pkay against ...Solberg plays Hard hockey but clean..hevis not some good chasing ..guys ,leaving position and taking penalties for illegal exuberance or dirty hits..Tge He can skate very well and oases the KDdcheck-box. I'VE WON both the Right and Leftcsidexagikity testing at the combine.. He has turned into a late riser on many lists...Most rankers had him only in mid 2nd round earlier this year but he showed so much the scouts at those 2 big tournaments for Norway (World Jrs rs and WHC) that everyone from scouts to fans watching knew he had to rise on final rankings ..Craig Button has moved him upto #20 on his final ranking ...Elite Prosoects moved him upto#15 on their recent eprinkside podcast last Monday ...I even saw an article that Pittsburgh may take him at #14 and another article that Vegas may take him at#19 even though their need in the pipeline is for forwards..

So you betcha I an"pumping Sokberg"..TheHawks do not finish checks well on D..tjisvkidvisxa human eraser back there. I also saw him score goals in both tournaments on his shot which looks very good to me.

He could be more dynamic in the o-zone because he has the skating and agility for it..He will nerd to be more aggresdive on attacking and inorove his puck-handling ..but if he doe cfocus more on developing these areas, the latent offensive punch that has not yet shown much in his overall game may materialize. IF not he still can be a dominant STAH type but with ability to skate or outlet passes uo to attacking forwards.So there is zero risk he turns into dud..He is too good and too physical wiping out atacking oppnents.

My fear is he now could be gone before #18 ..and even tough Hawks do not need anotherLD,still I want this kid at 2LD ..we get that and ourLD fiture is secured .. EdM can be 3LD ..And that could make it the best LD in the league!
.we can worry about fixing RD later...$9.5 there 6 more seasons ..so time to draft a future 1RD for down the line..Rinzel can be a 2RD after1 more season at Minnesota (maybe he starts at 3RD when he plays in the Show ) and we stop-gap with some Murphy replacement ..

Point is ..eprinkside scouts said Solberg belonged in the top tier of this d-man class along with Levshinov, DIckinson,Parekh Buuim ,Sikayev and Yakemchuk and that just because they ranked him lower ,he could still actualky turn out the best of all of them...they said Solberg and Silayev were top shutdown D ...others 2 ways dmen or offensive dmen ..

In any case Solberg at #18 if still on the board is a LEGIT target ..and tempting as Hage orcothers could be at forward if still there,I have to say fron what my own eyes saw watching Solberg ,I want him to bolster our LD of the near future.To me Solberg does not need any more defensive development ..he looks NHL ready ...Now !

Defending refinement usually takes 2 or 3 seasons in he NHL for young dmen..but Solberg looks ready for coaches to trust him ALREADY.
He will play next season for a Swedish team in the SHL ...would hope he uses the experience to
work on developing his offensive side of the game ..if that develops he can be a more rounded 2 way type ..if not you still have a human eraser stymying opposition attacks ..

Hawks have nobody... dman or forward.. who finishes checks and hits as hard (but clean)as this kid does..

So if this seems a "pumping" too good to be true ,and you all who scoffed at my Scott Stevens comp ...watch Hawks pass on such an opportunity if he is there still at #18, you will a few years down the line re-do the draft and realize how dumb that missed opportunity was..

BTW ...I just saw an article where the hockey writer profiling Solberg andhis rise ;actuall comoare his style to Scott Stevens . HE HAS tgat kind of shutdown potential.

So he'll yes! I am "pumping hom"..rightfully so...forca change I want a Hawks player to push the opps around,not get pushed around.

Watchibg Lev...I was not that inpressed ..watching Solberg ,I just saw thec2nd coming 9f Scott Stevens in my mind. Shift after shift.

His rise this spring right through the WHC confirms to me that ya goitaxtakecthis kid form Norway if you get the chance.

Will he even last to#18 ?If he made similar fantastic impressions on a lot of NHL scouting staffs ,who knows if teams drafting before #18,go for it and take him off the board even earlier than most ever expected.?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

Yes it does!

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Lev is neither the bpa nor the proper need pick. He shouldn’t be in the mix. I love Buium, but we need top line forwards more than anything. Demidov should be the pick.
As do I. And if were were picking 5th I would be all in on him (I like him better than Lev due to running PP, skating g, how he ran the O for denver) But Dem is just physically who Bedard will need riding shotgun on W. Or driving the Moore/Nazar line however you cut it. We have many D prospects but not many top shelf F prospects. This will probably be our last chance at such a player.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
If Davidson picks anyone but Demidov I'm sipping the BWC level haterade.
Stanley Jr it is.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
*Rolls eyes* Levshunov is still a great pick. And it does make sense. Now if he went off the board and chose Parekh or something then sure.
That wouldn't be off the board though.

Some people view Parekh as having the highest offensive upside of any D in the class. Some think he has Erik Karlsson potential.

You can't go off the board with any of the top 10 projected players.

Off the board would be Berkly Catton or Cole Eiserman or Konsta Helenius.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
That wouldn't be off the board though.

Some people view Parekh as having the highest offensive upside of any D in the class. Some think he has Erik Karlsson potential.

You can't go off the board with any of the top 10 projected players.

Off the board would be Berkly Catton or Cole Eiserman or Konsta Helenius.

Fair (although I wasn't trying to go deep in that one, just stating an example).

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
Still all in on Demidov. Would not be thrilled but OK with Silayev. #2 is too high to go "safe" I want somebody with superstar potential

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hakoon

Oct 11, 2018
I enjoy reading you F*uckers posts. I'm a Hawks fan, former "Season Reservation Holder" but I still try to keep up. I know nothing about Demidov, nor Levshunov but none of us can predict the future. We're just lucky to get either one of the two.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
1000018264.jpg
1000018267.jpg

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
Vegas Odds don't mean anything, they're based purely on how much money is placed on a specific guy. If somebody placed a 500k bet on Lev his odds shoot way up because they want to incentivize people to bet on other players to hedge and not incur massive payouts

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
It's been pointed out that odds having nothing to do with the likelihood of something happening and everything to do with profit margins but ndgt really loves posting betting odds and NFL mock drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad