Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Like... what? :laugh:

You don't need a medical degree to know that chronic back issues are FAR worse than knee issues, and far more unpredictable, and debilitating. What a comical take.
Nuh uh. Here’s a video my doctor friend showed me of someone recovering from a full spinal cord rupture with disc protrusions around the lumbar. < 2 week recovery. True story

Last edited:

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Cant wait for your huge meltdown! Its coming and you cant help it...

popcorn.gif

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I haven't seen a Karlsson comparison anywhere from Pronman. Brett Burns, yes. Noah Dobson he's also thrown out there but I'm literally looking at his articles now and I'm finding nothing.
You can connect the dots, if Levshunov hits, to a Burns or Erik Karlsson type. You can connect the dots with Demidov to an Artemi Panarin or Kirill Kaprizov type. All are elite players I’d love to have, but the Norris-contending No. 1 D is the player I would prefer.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You can connect the dots, if Levshunov hits, to a Burns or Erik Karlsson type. You can connect the dots with Demidov to an Artemi Panarin or Kirill Kaprizov type. All are elite players I’d love to have, but the Norris-contending No. 1 D is the player I would prefer.
Burns took a decade to develop into "something", had a 5 year run as a standout offensive player, and that's it. He never should have won a Norris. He was always absolute dogshit in his own end. One of the most overrated players of the last 20 years. If that's who we get out of #2OA, then I'm taking the elite forward 11/10 times. Burns is not "elite", and really never was. He had a few years of "elite" offensive production, while being terrible in his own end, and most of the rest of his career was just average to a little above average.

And Karlsson is not the comp for Levshunov.

Last edited:

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Levshunov could be something like a Sergachev if he hits his potential. A low end 1D or a high end 2D.

Is that good enough for the 2nd overall pick? Probably. If that is the best this draft has to offer you take it.

Personally, if we don't take Demidov I would gamble on Buium. But if they draft Levshunov I'll be rooting for him to become a Sergachev type.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I'm a bit baffled by some of these comparisons based on what I've seen from Lev. Seth Jones is still the best comparison that I've seen. Big, athletic and smooth skating dman with some decent offensive capabilities. I don't see high end offensive awareness. I don't see a deadly accurate shot. I don't see high end defensive awareness; in fact, he needs quite a bit of work on that. He throws the occasional big hit but I don't see the meanness and edge that I'd like. I don't think he's as safe a pick as people are making him out to be. I'd rather trade down and draft Yakemchuk or pick Lindstrom or Iginla.

• Love
Reactions: Muffinalt

Cubs2024wildcard

Caleb Williams is a bust
Apr 29, 2015
Hmmmm

Norris trophy winners suddenly aren't elite.....

Burns was better then every defenseman on the Hawks last year at what, 38 years old?

Good lord.......

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hmmmm

Norris trophy winners suddenly aren't elite.....

Burns was better then every defenseman on the Hawks last year at what, 38 years old?

Good lord.......
Says the guy who has his name as "Cubs2024WSChamps" despite them being one of the bottom 10-15 teams in all of baseball. :laugh:

The same poser who thought he was posting some "top gamer in the world" stats that everyone laughed at and ridiculed because they were comically bad. The same poser who claims to have a badass streaming channel that he makes a ton of money on, yet won't post it for all to see, despite having permission from the mods to do so.

And one Norris... makes a player elite? Bahahahahah. Is Mark Giordano elite? :laugh:

As if the Norris, which is regularly a comical opinion of the best D in the league, is any indication of who is elite, and who isn't. Last I checked, a bunch of bozo, clueless reporters vote on the Norris winner, which goes to the best "offensive" defenseman in the NHL, not the actual best overall defenseman.

Let me give you a hint. You need to actually watch hockey, and understand the sport, to have an opinion on a player. Not just look at stat sheets.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Can we at least agree that we have a perfect fit for Levshunov in our lineup with Vlasic.

And that Demidov pot commits us to a lineup of smaller players. 4 of top 6 (bedard Nazar Moore Demi)

I do think Lev and Vlasic would pair well together as a top pairing, but I think I'd still rather see a guy like Buium at #2OA over Lev.

We also don't know Demi's actual measurements, yet. If he's over 6'0 and around 190lbs I don't consider that "smaller".

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
If Lev hits, he fills a need and would complete our defensive core for a decade.

I, again, feel Demidov is more likely to hit as a gamebreaking talent. But if Cam Robinson is correct and a significant portion of the league is shy about taking him with such a high pick, guess I should start accepting the possibility/probability that we don't select him.

Will say that prior to the lottery, I would've been happy with Lev with our top pick and hoped we could get a solid forward with clear top 6 upside with the other 1st. Staying at 2nd and moving up to 18th makes that a bit more likely.

Cubs2024wildcard

Caleb Williams is a bust
Apr 29, 2015
Says the guy who has his name as "Cubs2024WSChamps" despite them being one of the bottom 10-15 teams in all of baseball. :laugh:
Long season, still in the wild card race.

The same poser who thought he was posting some "top gamer in the world" stats that everyone laughed at and ridiculed because they were comically bad.
Yeah, wasnt trying for dubs and it was a mid season.

This season tho?

Screenshot-20240610-173348-Photos.jpg

I hardly play tho.

The same poser who claims to have a badass streaming channel that he makes a ton of money on, yet won't post it for all to see, despite having permission from the mods to do so.
Yeah sorry. Don't need more fans.

And one Norris... makes a player elite? Bahahahahah. Is Mark Giordano elite? :laugh:
Gio wasn't elite the year he won?

As if the Norris, which is regularly a comical opinion of the best D in the league, is any indication of who is elite, and who isn't. Last I checked, a bunch of bozo, clueless reporters vote on the Norris winner, which goes to the best "offensive" defenseman in the NHL, not the actual best overall defenseman.
So reporters are "clueless" now? Good lord....

Let me give you a hint. You need to actually watch hockey, and understand the sport, to have an opinion on a player. Not just look at stat sheets.
OK.

Brent Burns is elite. And if you're getting a similar player at 2 that's as solid a pick as you're going to get.

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If Levshunov hits his ceiling, you're looking at more like an Alex Pietrangelo type. 2-way physical DMan who can also run a powerplay and contribute offensively without putting up eye-popping stats. (Pietrangelo has a career high 54 points, never won a Norris or even been a finalist, despite missing close a couple times, but was a two-time Number 1 DMan on a Stanley Cup Winner).

With Demidov, the "geopolitical concerns" aren't real. Russian players keep coming to the NHL (Russians had their highest % of NHL players in 20 years, fwiw) and will keep coming (we know Demidov is eager to come). The "competition" concerns are not entirely unfounded. None of it is his fault from my perspective, SKA is keeping him out of the KHL because he won't extend, and the international ban is beyond his concern... but everyone would feel a lot more comfortable had he put up a zillion points in the U18 a year ago, and a healthy amount of points in the U20 this most recent year... again, not his fault that wasn't an option.

I've been a clear Demidov/Levshunov are 2/3, both are good selections and I won't be mad either way. I'd still go Demidov, but I'm more than comfortable if Hawks brass would rather go Levshunov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad