Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Long season, still in the wild card race.

Yeah, wasnt trying for dubs and it was a mid season.

This season tho?

Screenshot-20240610-173348-Photos.jpg

I hardly play tho.

Yeah sorry. Don't need more fans.

Gio wasn't elite the year he won?

So reporters are "clueless" now? Good lord....

OK.

Brent Burns is elite. And if you're getting a similar player at 2 that's as solid a pick as you're going to get.

Lol.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
If he’s Dobson run to the podium
Honestly though. I remember the 3 guys I wanted most in Dobson’s draft were Quinn Hughes, Oliver Wahlstrom, and Noah Dobson. I liked Boqvist but thought he was risky. If Levshunov is Dobson or even close, that’s a really good D and easily our best D aside from maybe Vlasic.

Not a CHI fan but just wanted to swing by to say I’m calling you guys picking Lindstrom
I don’t see it personally. I think it’s either Levshunov or Demidov with it most likely being Levshunov. A lot of people on here are cautious about Lindstrom because of his back injury. I like Lindstrom’s game a lot. He can play any type of game you want him to and in any situation. There’s questions about his hockey sense but people also questioned Dylan Larkin’s hockey sense.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Not a CHI fan but just wanted to swing by to say I’m calling you guys picking Lindstrom

Can't see it being Lindstrom.

Quite frankly, I hope the f*** that they DON'T take Lindstrom at 2. Ever hear of Eric Daze? He was once a Hawk who was plagued by back injuries. They should stay far away from taking that chance at 2nd overall. IMO that would be an awful waste of a second overall pick.

Reactions: Hollel

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
We are basically watching a current player on our team with back issues (Connor Murphy) deteriorating every year now. Dave Bolland's career ended early cuz of his back. So did Eric Daze. We Hawks fans know all about bad back history with our players.

Exactly. Not a snowball's chance in hell they take Lindstrom at 2 with the back issues. They've already dealt with having players on their rosters with messed up backs.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Corey pronman has an article out this morning with quotes from anonymous scouts/executives.

On Levshunov

Executive 1: “On pure talent, it would be Silayev, but I don’t know if I could call that name given the KHL risks as opposed to one of the other studs available. Levshunov has everything you want in a potential No. 1 defenseman. He’s dominated college hockey after being so good as an underage player in the USHL.”

Executive 2: “Levshunov. Worst case scenario you’re getting a better-skating John Klingberg. Best case you’re getting a star.”

Scout 4: “Levshunov is the guy. Don’t overthink it. He’s tall, mobile, very smart, can run a pro power play, has some bite in him. He’s going to be the No. 2 or 3 overall pick.”

Executive 4: “Levshunov is as complete as you can get. He was a dominant college player from the get-go. He has no weakness. He was playing big minutes at big times. Silayev is right there with him although not as much offense and Parekh/Yakemchuk are behind those two for me.”

Scout 11: “It’s clearly Levshunov. He looks like a future star. He is going No. 2 to Chicago or No. 3 to Anaheim, no questions asked.”

Fwiw there were some who liked Buium more, but the majority seem to be very high on our future star Arty.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Lots of love for Yakemchuk from scouts.

Michael Hage got votes for best skater and best hands in the scouts poll.

I mean let's be real, it's a win/win if the Hawks walk away from the 1st round with Levshunov/Hage or Demidov/Jiricek(or Emery)

As long as they don't pick Silayev at 2 or someone else weird I'm fine.

My preference for Demidov is mostly because of the forward pool having nothing outside of Bedard that has 1st line potential.

Reactions: Muffinalt

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Here's the article for the lazy ones.

It’s so all over the place. It’s a year where the guy our scouts have at 2 on their list could still be available at 7-8. It kinda sucks, unless we think our scouts can predict the future better than the other teams’.

I think I would be fine with moving all the way down to 8-9 for an unprotected 2025 1st.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Corey pronman has an article out this morning with quotes from anonymous scouts/executives.

On Levshunov

Executive 1: “On pure talent, it would be Silayev, but I don’t know if I could call that name given the KHL risks as opposed to one of the other studs available. Levshunov has everything you want in a potential No. 1 defenseman. He’s dominated college hockey after being so good as an underage player in the USHL.”

Executive 2: “Levshunov. Worst case scenario you’re getting a better-skating John Klingberg. Best case you’re getting a star.”

Scout 4: “Levshunov is the guy. Don’t overthink it. He’s tall, mobile, very smart, can run a pro power play, has some bite in him. He’s going to be the No. 2 or 3 overall pick.”

Executive 4: “Levshunov is as complete as you can get. He was a dominant college player from the get-go. He has no weakness. He was playing big minutes at big times. Silayev is right there with him although not as much offense and Parekh/Yakemchuk are behind those two for me.”

Scout 11: “It’s clearly Levshunov. He looks like a future star. He is going No. 2 to Chicago or No. 3 to Anaheim, no questions asked.”

Fwiw there were some who liked Buium more, but the majority seem to be very high on our future star Arty.
Found this quote to be entertaining and accurate:

Scout 7: “It would be real close for me between Levshunov, Yakemchuk and Dickinson, and depending what day I wake up I have a different one at the top. I’ve entertained Buium as well. Silayev looks great but we never saw him live so it’s tough to feel confident in putting a guy that high on your list.”

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lets say Hawks take Lev

And at #18 Jiricek is still there

Do you consider doubling up on RD? Would make our pipeline of potential RD defenders as strong and deep as our LD

Hawks would then also have a very deep overall D prospect pool to potentially use as trade chips in coming years as well

We have multiple 2nd's + multiple 3rd's to then use on F prospects

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Haven’t exactly been thrilled with the returns from our drafts past round 1. & round 1 has just been okay. Idk. I don’t have blind faith they’re going to get it right. Wait and see.

Reactions: deytookerjaabs

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Ton of love for Yakemchuk in that article.
I love Yakemchuk. Sennecke is gonna go way high. In the section of 2nd best forward in the draft after Macklin the scouts and execs were just as split as they are on the D.

Levshunov/Catton would be a grand slam needing a trade
Demidov/Yakemchuk would be a grand slam
Levshunov/Hage home run
Demidov/Jiricek home run

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Haven’t exactly been thrilled with the returns from our drafts past round 1. & round 1 has just been okay. Idk. I don’t have blind faith they’re going to get it right. Wait and see.

Davidson has had two drafts at helm

1st round, 7th overall = D Kevin Korchinski
1st round, 13th overall = C Frank Nazar
1st round, 25th overall = D Sam Rinzel
2nd round, 39th overall = C Paul Ludwinski
2nd round, 57th overall = C Ryan Greene
3rd round, 66th overall = RW Gavin Hayes
3rd round, 81st overall = LW Samuel Savoie
3rd round, 90th overall = C Aidan Thompson
6th round, 173rd overall = C Dominic James
6th round, 188th overall = LW Nils Juntorp
7th round, 199th overall = C Riku Tohila

1st round, 1st overall = C Connor Bedard
1st round, 18th overall = C Oliver Moore
2nd round, 35th overall = G Adam Gajan
2nd round, 44th overall = RW Roman Kantserov
2nd round, 55th overall = C Martin Misiak
3rd round, 67th overall = LW Nick Lardis
3rd round, 93rd overall = C Jiri Felcman
4th round, 99th overall = RW Alex Pharand
5th round, 131st overall = LW Marcel Marcel
6th round, 167th overall = C Milton Oscarson
7th round, 195th overall = D Janne Peltonen

All our 1st rounders in that time look pretty damn good/promising and several 2nd rounders or beyond have been progressing well and receiving alot of attention/praise from experts since draft (Greene, Hayes, Kantserov, Lardis) and guys like Thompson and Ludwinski have also flashed solid pro potential (As bottom 6 guys)

Not sure how you can look at these two drafts and find our 1st round picks "Just okay" and not being thrilled with our returns past 1st round

Castle8130

May 9, 2017

On Levshunov

A majority of scouts had him as #2 defenseman in their quotes, most of the rest had him as #1, and the few Bearish scouts didn't have him as a top 4 defenseman in this class.

It was interesting to see the polls. Levshunov didn't get one vote for the Best Compete, Best Hands, Best Skater, Best Shot, or Best Hockey Sense. It's interesting to see that not one scout viewed him as having an elite trait, but above average at everything.

Reactions: Sacha BOXviert

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Davidson has had two drafts at helm

1st round, 7th overall = D Kevin Korchinski
1st round, 13th overall = C Frank Nazar
1st round, 25th overall = D Sam Rinzel
2nd round, 39th overall = C Paul Ludwinski
2nd round, 57th overall = C Ryan Greene
3rd round, 66th overall = RW Gavin Hayes
3rd round, 81st overall = LW Samuel Savoie
3rd round, 90th overall = C Aidan Thompson
6th round, 173rd overall = C Dominic James
6th round, 188th overall = LW Nils Juntorp
7th round, 199th overall = C Riku Tohila

1st round, 1st overall = C Connor Bedard
1st round, 18th overall = C Oliver Moore
2nd round, 35th overall = G Adam Gajan
2nd round, 44th overall = RW Roman Kantserov
2nd round, 55th overall = C Martin Misiak
3rd round, 67th overall = LW Nick Lardis
3rd round, 93rd overall = C Jiri Felcman
4th round, 99th overall = RW Alex Pharand
5th round, 131st overall = LW Marcel Marcel
6th round, 167th overall = C Milton Oscarson
7th round, 195th overall = D Janne Peltonen

All our 1st rounders in that time look pretty damn good/promising and several 2nd rounders or beyond have been progressing well and receiving alot of attention/praise from experts since draft (Greene, Hayes, Kantserov, Lardis) and guys like Thompson and Ludwinski have also flashed solid pro potential (As bottom 6 guys)

Not sure how you can look at these two drafts and find our 1st round picks "Just okay" and not being thrilled with our returns past 1st round
Other than Lardis and Kantserov, I don’t think anyone we have taken past the first round is a difference maker and considering 5 2nd rounders and 5 third rounders. I think that’s just okay.

Im also not that high on Korchinski or Moore in terms of being high end difference makers. Good players, yes.

I like Nazar more than either. The other guys are just role players. It’s just my opinion. You can think what you want. I think their drafting has been fine. Okay. Not bad, not great.

Reactions: Castle8130
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad