Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Maybe KD doesn’t like dinner meetings. I hate dinner meetings.
The situation is odd because KD is the only one that had dinner with Lev. Not the other way around.

Why would Anaheim, Columbus, Utah, etc not have dinner with Lev? I even read that Utah spent more money on dinners than any other team.

It's probably because they all have intel that he won't be available.

Reactions: Pertti and ndgt10

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
I think the best course of action for the Hawks is to stay put, take Demidov at 2 and hope that Jiricek or Emery are there at 18.
I second this. You need elite level talent to pair with Bedard and to win in this league. You ideally need to have at least 4 stars to be a Cup contender. I like Nazar and Moore and I think they’ll be solid players, but I’m not sure they are 1st line talent

Reactions: belfour30

Mister X

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2010
IL
I don’t hate Levshunov, but I think Demidov is the best player and fits an obvious glaring hole in our needs for potentially Elite talent at the forward position.

If Levshunov is who we pick, it will just feel a little underwhelming but hopefully he hits projections (as determined by the scouts/front office) and we get a huge piece for the blue line.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I second this. You need elite level talent to pair with Bedard and to win in this league. You ideally need to have at least 4 stars to be a Cup contender. I like Nazar and Moore and I think they’ll be solid players, but I’m not sure they are 1st line talent
I don't think Nazar and Moore are 1st line talents either. I hope they can be 2nd liners and they should at least be 3rd liners.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
If we draft Leshunov does he turn pro next year? We will have another top 3-5 pick next year and probably the year after, with or without these guys stepping up. Even before bedard we were looking at 3-4 more years before we compete for a playoff spot —— I give it until maybe even after the last domino’s of our core’s sophomore season. I see some of the posters here thinking we’re only a year or two away and it’s kind of bizarre. These kids need time to cook

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If we draft Leshunov does he turn pro next year? We will have another top 3-5 pick next year and probably the year after, with or without these guys — I give it until their sophomore season. Even before bedard we were looking at 3-4 more years before we compete for a playoff spot. I see some of the posters here thinking we’re only a year or two away and it’s kind of bizarre. These kids need time to cook
He could but probably goes to Rockford

Reactions: Malaka

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The 2028 Hawks will finally answer the question: what if the 2015-16 Predators also had Connor Mcdavid. I’m here for it.

• Love
Reactions: x Tame Impala

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
If we draft Leshunov does he turn pro next year? We will have another top 3-5 pick next year and probably the year after, with or without these guys stepping up. Even before bedard we were looking at 3-4 more years before we compete for a playoff spot —— I give it until maybe even after the last domino’s of our core’s sophomore season. I see some of the posters here thinking we’re only a year or two away and it’s kind of bizarre. These kids need time to cook
I think I would rather him go back to Michigan State for another year then consider signing him afterward

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Is Sam Dickenson worthy of going #2?
I suppose.

You can make an argument for 9 players to go 2nd overall.

Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Parekh, Buium, Iginla, Yakemchuk.

They're all more or less in the same tier.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
I suppose.

You can make an argument for 9 players to go 2nd overall.

Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Parekh, Buium, Iginla, Yakemchuk.

They're all more or less in the same tier.
Reason I ask is came away very impressed with his Memorial Cup performance and TV interview. Seems very mature and focused for 18 yr old. And he's a RD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad