Who should be the next head coach?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023

It seems pretty likely that the coach Porty talked to is Gallant.

While I do like Gallant (he was my pick at the start of the process last year) I don't think he brings enough structure defensively to do the job. Its not just about discipline, its also about doing the right things on both ends of the puck.
I thought it sounded like an Evason response.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I thought it sounded like an Evason response.
I didn’t read into that but wishful thinking for those wanting Evanson.

I am more invested in McLellan as he is the type of mid-term coach that we need right now (multiple stops with while making playoffs). Nothing against Evanson just hasn’t done it as long in the NHL and a preference thing.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland

Attachments

• 1719865385534.gif
    1719865385534.gif
    643.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 5th Line Fanatic

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Hedger still pushing for Quenneville to coach the Jackets. Says optics after the Babcock fiasco is what would hold the Jackets back.

What a f***ing clown. How can the Dispatch continue to employ a guy like him?
He has to know something on someone. We used to clown on Porty for being bad, but that was most of the time in good fun, making fun of our beat reporter. Hedger genuinely sucks.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I would stop following the team immediately if they hire him.

To paraphrase a scout to fit our situation: 'I believe in second chances, doesn't mean it has to be the CBJ who give him that second chance'.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Until someone is hired as HC this will be a drama where the Quenneville question looms over the franchise. Its a distraction...DW needs to get the coach in place sooner rather than later and end the speculation.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Hedger still pushing for Quenneville to coach the Jackets. Says optics after the Babcock fiasco is what would hold the Jackets back.

What a f***ing clown. How can the Dispatch continue to employ a guy like him?
I don’t care for Hedger and no longer regularly read his stuff. But I happen to believe he’s correct on Q. After all, they sadly did give Babcock a second chance. (Yes, I realize it’s a different management group).

Reactions: CBJx614

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
I don’t care for Hedger and no longer regularly read his stuff. But I happen to believe he’s correct on Q. After all, they sadly did give Babcock a second chance. (Yes, I realize it’s a different management group).
I wouldn't even put what Babcock did in same category as Q. I'm not defending what Babcock did, but what Q did is reprehensible.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I didn't realize people still read The Dispatch...go figure. No idea if Hedger is a decent writer, never read his stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad