Who should be the next head coach?

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137

Starts about the 53 minute mark.

Little older from before the draft, but nothing but rave reviews including from Jeremy Roenick. Amazing hockey mind and amazing guy

Peel asked Button if Waddell was going to make a move to hire McLellan, Button said "He said he wants an experienced coach right? He says he wants somebody with experience there. I think the world of Todd. I'm a big Todd McLellan fan. I'm a big Todd McLellan fan as a coach and as a person. I think he's an excellent NHL coach. If Don Waddell goes and hires Todd McLellan, I think that would be a real significant start for the Columbus Blue Jackets."

Jeremy Roenick chimed in about McLellan and said "I'll tell you what, Todd McLellan was one of my favorite coaches. I only played for him one year, he was in my second year when I was in San Jose, he was unbelievable. He coached us to be the number-one team in the league that year. Obviously, we had a good team. But he has an amazing hockey mind and he just communicates with his players so well. I'm a big Todd McLellan fan. He texted me today, congratulating me, that's the type of person that he is. I would love to see Todd McLellan back in the game again, so I'll be rooting for him in Columbus."

They also went on to say that LAK was actually happy with McLellan and didn't actually want to fire him but they had to.

He's gotta be the front runner right?

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Don't see where Porty said the timeline but here
Hedger reported on Friday that there are three candidates. Today, Porty’s list of candidates has three names.

If either of them is worth their salt, I think we know the candidates. But that they’re revelatory it surprising, just (seemingly) confirmed.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I do think McLellan is the leader in the clubhouse but the longer this goes (its been almost 2 weeks since Buccigross' original report) the more I'm starting to think its Evason. I know I heard Evason really impressed San Jose and Winnipeg during their interviews but just decided to go in other directions. Maybe Waddell had McLellan in the front of his mind, and Evason left a strong impression again in his interview.

Or maybe he just hires McLellan anyway. I guess we'll find out tomorrow/Tuesday.

Reactions: CBJx614 and LJ7

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Evason or Quenneville should be the coach

Watch the first 10-20 and tell me you don't want that guy coaching up those kids.

I'll give you Evason could be a good coach, but after what happened in Chicago and then what happened last season means there's less than 0 chance that Queneville could even be considered.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad