Who is your favorite Enforcer of all-time?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Serious question, was he actually considered an enforcer? I know an “enforcer” like Rob Ray was like 6’0” 205 lb. but he’d fight the other team’s biggest dude- I feel like McGrattan took on Peters, Neil was more likely to fight the Adam Mairs of the world. Like he wasn’t the enforcer himself, he’s why the other team had an enforcer (not that it worked, see: Drury) and he’d fight the middleweight bout. Might be a false memory, hell of a player either way, I just think he was more.. a better Barnaby than he was hired hands.

I would say he was absolutely an enforcer but compared to most of the guys that dropped the gloves he could actually skate, make huge hits and shoot the puck. This is why i feel he was one of the best as he would drop the gloves with anyone and still have enough skill to take a regular shift.

He had 200+ fights in the NHL pre/regular season and has fought all top tier guys of his time.

Chris Neil

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Boogaard, mainly because he was such a great character. Friendly dude and man could he throw a punch. Rest in peace, Boogieman. Undefeated as well, if I remember correctly?

Laraque is a close second. Third comes Parros with his ridiculous moustache. Raitis Ivanans is a good one, what a name and man those biceps, what the hell.

I played a shit ton of NHL08 when it was released. It was my first console game. Always filled the 4th line with these fellas.
Boogard lost a handful and was tko'd by Matt Carkner and Eric Godard

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
My favorite was Ryan Vandenbussche knew his role and would fight anybody and fight them open. For a guy not on my team I would say Colton Orr and Bret Gallant (Who with hockey being soft him and his brother were screwed out of being cult hero's in the nhl) Vintage would be Stu the Grim Reaper Grimson and Bob Probert I only saw them at the tail end of their careers.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
John Scott? The “enforcer” that tried to fight Phil Kessel
That was him enforcing. He shouldn't have even of given kessel a heads up and just started swinging.
He told Jamie Devane and all the leafs toughguys if they wanted a fight he was the guy to go to anytime. So Devane goes with Corey Tropp who is tough but a light weight. And he ko's him, I think Tropp instigated it but so be it. Scott is pissed goes out on the next draw and the leafs don't put out anyone tough out and counter with kessel scoring line calling his bluff. And Scott did what he should of done. The leafs should of sent Troy Bodie or Andrew Macwilliam to fight Scott and they didn't

Reactions: DJN21

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
That was him enforcing. He shouldn't have even of given kessel a heads up and just started swinging.
He told Jamie Devane and all the leafs toughguys if they wanted a fight he was the guy to go to anytime. So Devane goes with Corey Tropp who is tough but a light weight. And he ko's him, I think Tropp instigated it but so be it. Scott is pissed goes out on the next draw and the leafs don't put out anyone tough out and counter with kessel scoring line calling his bluff. And Scott did what he should of done. The leafs should of sent Troy Bodie or Andrew Macwilliam to fight Scott and they didn't
Then Scott should have waited for Devanes next shift and gone out to fight him, he wasn’t man enough to do that so he went after Kessel instead.

Reactions: CaptBrannigan

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Theoren Fleury
He does not absolutely fill the enforcer category.
He was small, but he was fearless!

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Lyle Odelein. Not a guy that blew anyone away, in fact, lost more fights than he won, but loved how he stuck up for his mates.

Reactions: vandymeer13

soliak

Mar 26, 2013
Straya
IncomparableFilthyBuffalo-size_restricted.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad