Who is your favorite Enforcer of all-time?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Semenko (as an Oiler fan).

But Probert was involved in my favorite fights.

This is easily my favorite fight of all time:

Semenko Probert was fun.

HM Goes to Troy Crowder.

Laraques was good, but was never in what I'd consider "exciting" fights. None of them really lasted long, and most of them seemed to be quickly broken up by refs in under 10 seconds.
That era just seemed to be dominated by guys REALLY strong on their skates.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wow, Semenko was running hot! What was Gallant doing jumping in there?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Love Colton Orr and Peter Worrell (even though he terrorized the Rangers and won like a 1 on 5 line brawl all on his own)

The Professional

Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Serious question, was he actually considered an enforcer? I know an “enforcer” like Rob Ray was like 6’0” 205 lb. but he’d fight the other team’s biggest dude- I feel like McGrattan took on Peters, Neil was more likely to fight the Adam Mairs of the world. Like he wasn’t the enforcer himself, he’s why the other team had an enforcer (not that it worked, see: Drury) and he’d fight the middleweight bout. Might be a false memory, hell of a player either way, I just think he was more.. a better Barnaby than he was hired hands.

He was an enforcer, just more of a light heavyweight. He had no qualms about fighting anyone if it was needed, whether it was a non fighter or a super heavy. His fight card is varied, from Brashear, Simon, Chara and the likes to non fighters likes Seidenberg.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Serious question, was he actually considered an enforcer? I know an “enforcer” like Rob Ray was like 6’0” 205 lb. but he’d fight the other team’s biggest dude- I feel like McGrattan took on Peters, Neil was more likely to fight the Adam Mairs of the world. Like he wasn’t the enforcer himself, he’s why the other team had an enforcer (not that it worked, see: Drury) and he’d fight the middleweight bout. Might be a false memory, hell of a player either way, I just think he was more.. a better Barnaby than he was hired hands.

Yeah, he was definitely an enforcer similar to Rob Ray (and slightly bigger too). McGrattan wasn't even dressed for 2 seasons worth of games in total for the Sens.

Neil has already taken on Peters in his career, and also fought guys like Brashear, Thornton, Reaves, McLaren, Orr (2-3 times), Lucic (twice), Chara (twice), Hal Gill, Konopka, etc.

He was never one to shy away because someone was bigger.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He was an enforcer, just more of a light heavyweight. He had no qualms about fighting anyone if it was needed, whether it was a non fighter or a super heavy. His fight card is varied, from Brashear, Simon, Chara and the likes to non fighters likes Seidenberg.

Yeah, he was definitely an enforcer similar to Rob Ray (and slightly bigger too). McGrattan wasn't even dressed for 2 seasons worth of games in total for the Sens.

Neil has already taken on Peters in his career, and also fought guys like Brashear, Thornton, Reaves, McLaren, Orr (2-3 times), Lucic (twice), Chara (twice), Hal Gill, Konopka, etc.

He was never one to shy away because someone was bigger.

I guess it’s more about his skill/style- idk, I felt like he was usually the one stirring shit up, making hits, etc. It’s just a semantics thing. He definitely wasn’t afraid to fight anyone, definitely stood up for his teammates, but in general I thought he was employed equally for his skill, pestiness, and fighting. So it’s just how I think of the term “enforcer”- I figure for an enforcer fighting is their #1 purpose, and with Neil he did a good deal besides that.

Man I hated him. Enough time has passed where I can respeck the hustle, but goddamn, just the worst kind of guy to play against.

Reactions: egelband

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Twist was like watching a Mike Tyson fight. In Twists prime, I doubt anybody could take him

Yep, that's why many of his PIM totals were relatively low, because few guys would even fight him. Total wrecking ball.

For non Blues, Probert and Odjick stand out. Pretty sure both of those guys took on the entire Blues team by themselves at some point.

Snaibberi

Mar 20, 2008
Domi was a smallish guy who could take anyone. Yes a bit of a showman, but NHL is about show so thats just fine. Tim Hunter and Basil Mcrae also were my favourites. No particular reason why. Maybe because hockey cards or first console NHL games i played :)

Snaibberi

Mar 20, 2008
Domi was a smallish guy who could take anyone. Yes a bit of a showman, but NHL is about show so thats just fine. Tim Hunter and Basil Mcrae also were my favourites. No particular reason why. Maybe because hockey cards or first console NHL games i played :)

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Gino O.

Godard went under the radar, he battled against some of the heavies.

Gordie Howe was considered an enforcer during his time. Incredible strength.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gordie Howe was NOT considered an enforcer. That's complete nonsense. He was a superstar who had the ability to play tough. The Rocket had significantly more PIM/GP than him, as did Howe's linemate Lindsay.

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
The original enforcer double A!!!
View attachment 343985

Beat me to it. Might want to add some others (after all, no NHL player could handle these guys . . .):

acolytes_protection_agency.jpg

Curtis Hughes

hugh.jpg

Manaic Mark Lewin

DsDrjh8WkAAcnd0.jpg

The Mongolian Stomper

bff224244c3feb2df1a7786eced368a6.jpg

18.jpg

Roughhouse Fargo:

wXSCFwvs2fusV_S8Xo7qz6UTNuFqHdWHEl-8P8yL-JsfbbutrNZ-NqVZ3RRGR9mX0Z9uDjggENTwlmB1j14TNTMl62bQFrmML0c15ciQ-rpW_mhHRrK6Gs35tMi0u5w

And the most underrated enforcer personality in wrestling history, Ron Wright:

220px-Ron_Wright.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad