Who is your favorite Enforcer of all-time?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Oilers have had some great scrappers:
  • Dave Semenko
  • Dave Brown
  • Marty McSorley
  • Kevin McLelland
  • George Laraque

Some that were all heart:
  • Kelly "Punching Bag" Buchberger

Non-Oilers that I thought were awesome fighters:

• Terry O'Reilly
  • Dave Schultz
  • Tim Hunter
  • Tony Twist
  • "Missing" Link Gaetz
  • Bob Probert
  • Joey Kocur
  • Derek Boogaard

Non-Oiler good fighters that I really liked:
  • Stan Jonathan
  • Tiger Williams
  • Tie Domi

Other really good players who also used their hands well in combat:
  • Gordie Howe
  • Ted Lindsay
  • Maurice Richard
  • Bobby Orr
  • Denis Potvin
  • Clark Gillies
  • Pat Verbeek
  • Cam Neely
  • Wendel Clark
  • Brendan Shanahan
  • Bill Guerin
  • Mark Messier
  • Gary Roberts
  • Rick Tocchet
  • Jarome Iginla
The bolded above were personal favorites.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Can’t believe that John Ferguson isn’t getting more love. The guy was 5’11” and 165# and fought anyone who wanted to dance. He was .61 pts/gm and asst captain while being a 2 time all-star and winning 5 cups. There isn’t very much film available as he played in another era. Maybe not the top enforcer but right up there with the best.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
uf7ZoGSNEdm3Bzqm7

o9SA6kgTQfjmY1H36

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Rick Rypien for me, undersized guy fighting guys so much bigger than him and he’d still come out on top, I think he’d only lose once in his career at most a draw (might be my biased) Man I miss that ball of energy. May his soul RIP.

Reactions: SiZ

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
As a Sabre fan, I’d go with Playfair. For non Sabres, I’d go with Domi, Shawn Cronin, Kocur and McSorely.

Probert was a great fighter but I’ve watched him lose his shirt quicker than any stripper I’ve seen.

Semenko loved to cheap shot guys and Twist was too roided up to enjoy watching his fights now.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Larry Robinson was not an enforcer, but he was regarded around the league as a guy not to piss off.

He laid a few beatings in his day. Older fans might know better but I didn't see him lose fights.
Big bird was a force. I remember once, a very young messier wound his stick up like a bat at center ice because Larry was so big and mess was mean!!!. Stare down of the century with those 2 ! I think it was the year that the oilers took out Montreal in the early 80's....geezer, I'm getting up there....

Reactions: Legionnaire

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Can’t believe that John Ferguson isn’t getting more love. The guy was 5’11” and 165# and fought anyone who wanted to dance. He was .61 pts/gm and asst captain while being a 2 time all-star and winning 5 cups. There isn’t very much film available as he played in another era. Maybe not the top enforcer but right up there with the best.

Not many of us are old enough to have seen him play... hell, 75% of the “children” on this site have no idea who Fergy even is. ;)

Reactions: larmex99

RattsSSV

Слава Україні!
May 4, 2006
Not just my favourite enforcer, but favourite Oiler.

The video works.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Grew up a 90's Sabres fan. Favorite was Rob Ray.

Favorite quartet was Rob Ray, Brad May, Gord Donnelly, and Randy Moller. Second favorite was Ray, May, Barnaby, and Boughner.

Favorite rivalries were Ray vs Domi, Ray vs Vial, May vs Troy Mallette, and May vs Carkner.

Scariest fighter in my time as a fan was
Kocur. Guy just had cinder blocks for hands.

Best fighter, clearly, was Laraque.

Most overrated were Zdeno "grab the sweater and swing em to the ice" Chara and Tony "roid rage" Twist

Reactions: double5son10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad