Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers need to get faster especially at forward... Rangers should do what the Sharks dI'd and trade their UFA players and slower skaters to get faster.. I'm sure Boyle can get a 1st round pick and a mid prospect.. Rangers for not a big team is not fast skaters at all...

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Rangers need to get faster especially at forward... Rangers should do what the Sharks dI'd and trade their UFA players and slower skaters to get faster.. I'm sure Boyle can get a 1st round pick and a mid prospect.. Rangers for not a big team is not fast skaters at all...

2nd round pick and a mid prospect would be a great return for Boyle.. don't think we could get a 1st, and if we did, the other team wouldn't be adding.

How much would we need to add to Del Zotto to get Yakupov? With the Oilers desperate for d-help, could be a good time to maximize DZ's value.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Emelin signs for 4.1 per. In case anyone actually believe that Girardi will sign for 4.5.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Emelin signs for 4.1 per. In case anyone actually believe that Girardi will sign for 4.5.

The team cannot afford to pay Girardi more than McDonagh without annihilating their cap structure.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Hagelin, Stepan, and Nash are already signed.

Richards gets bought out.

Kreider signs a bridge deal.

One or two of Fast/Kristo/Lindberg start in the bottom 6 next year along with Miller and Dorsett and two or three of Pouliot/MZA/Boyle/Moore/etc.

McDonagh and Staal are already signed.

J. Moore signs a bridge deal.

McIlrath starts as 3rd pair RD.

Talbot is already signed.

Del Zotto gets traded.

--------------------------------------------

I expect next year to be similar to 07-08 where the lineup (specifically the bottom 6) are populated by young players who the previous year had both experience with the Pack and a handful of games with the top club.

Depending on how much we spend on our bottom 6 forwards, and what we acquire for MDZ, we should be left with around $28 million to sign Brassard, Callahan, Girardi, Stralman, and Lundqvist.

Signing Callahan and Lundqvist will be a priority but in reality they could sign all of them.

The real questions are whether or not they want to re-sign everyone and of course whether re-signing them all is even a good idea.

Either way, just like in previous years, I am not overly concerned about cap management. Let's see if this is the year we finally land in the "cap hell" some people have been predicting since July of 2007.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Downie (UFA) for Tallot( 2 yrs at 1.25 and 1 actual dollars)

advantage Philly still but it shows me the Avs will deal even though they are doing well

DZ , plus for Barrie, plus

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Callahan is the captain. He's also the 2nd line right wing. He does everything and he has a motor.

Girardi is the first pair right D. He is also a horse. He plays huge minutes against the best players.

Stralman is the 2nd pair right D and he is a gamer. He's slicker moving the puck than Girardi but he doesn't usually get that much time against the other teams best players and it's very questionable that he can handle up to 25 minutes a night of getting hammered like Girardi does.

Right not MDZ is more or less the third pairing right D and playing outside his comfort zone and personally I'd have Moore there instead who is a much better skater but….

I mention Callahan with the right D's more or less for Girardi's sake--what's more important your second line right wing captain or your first pair right D?--because it's obvious at least to me that the right side defense has the potential of becoming a major problem area--considering that both Girardi and Stralman are UFA's after this season and MDZ is an RFA no doubt looking for a nice big fat raise.

I don't agree that Callahan is more valuable or more important to the team than Girardi. Girardi's absence would create a great big hole. Stralman's absence would create a sizable hole but potentially Conor Allen has enough skating and puck skills that he could fill it. Del Zotto shouldn't be on the right side at all and at this point in time he hasn't shown that he deserves more than a qualifying offer for his next contract. He's not improved his game and he doesn't fit in on the right side. Our right side D has the potential to become a big mess after this season.

Girardi and Callahan on the free agent market are going to be more in the range of $6 mil than $5 mil. The Rangers should at least attempt to sign both of them to 4 or 5 year deals for less than the $6 mil before July 1 UFA season opens. And Richards albatross of a contract should be bought out and especially if it means losing either Callahan or Girardi.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
Moulson for 6 mil a year? We need to make sure he can actually play well without Tavares before giving him that kind of money. Stepan and Brassard are good, but nothing near Tavares.

Also, am I one of the few people around here who thinks Big Buff is an incredibly overrated player? He shoots...a LOT, but he's not a playmaker at the back end. That's Tobias Enstrom on the Jets. He can move pretty well for a big man, but more in a forwards sense, not the agility you want in a defenseman. His defense isn't great and he doesn't keep himself in great condition.

Last edited:

Punxrocknyc19*

Moulson for 6 mil a year? We need to make sure he can actually play well without Tavares before giving him that kind of money. Stepan and Brassard are good, but nothing near Tavares.

Also, am I one of the few people around here who thinks Big Buff is an incredibly overrated player? He shoots...a LOT, but he's not a playmaker at the back end. That's Tobias Enstrom on the Jets That's his main attribute. He can move pretty well for a big man, but more in a forwards sense, not the agility you want in a defenseman. His defense isn't great and he doesn't keep himself in great condition.

Big Buff i dont want on this blueline.. he would be a bust here.. :help: rather have someone younger and cheaper..

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Boston called up Ryan Spooner yesterday to add speed,skill and offense to their third line. The NHL is moving in that direction. Kreider and Hagelin have added more speed and skill. They will get Callahan back in 7-10 days. The bottom portion of the line-up needs more speed. AV likes to push the pace.

Center Brian Boyle said coach Alain Vigneault emphasized setting the tempo.

“That’s what he demanded of us,†Boyle said. “He wants us to do it more and more and he was harping on it the whole game. Even when we’re having shift after shift in their end, he wanted us to score. It’s good. It kept us focused and kept us pushing.â€

- See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/R...st_blank_Sabres_2-0.html#sthash.O0TpzfTl.dpuf

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I don't see the Rangers moving a first this year unless its in a deal for a young top six forward, not for a rental.

Moulson would cost at least a first more then likely.

Goc could be a good pick up for the third line.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Moulson stinks. He is great around the net but a complete loss in every other part of the ice. He doesn't compete for loose pucks. He doesn't hit anyone.

The Rangers shouldn't be trading any of their picks. They didn't have pick in the first or second round in June.

You want to add a rental. Trade Boyle and/or Moore for a 2nd and flip that pick for the rental.

The Rangers need to add speed in their bottom six. Speed,skill and offense. No band aids either.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Call me crazy but starting to think with everyone healthy they don't do a thing upfront.

Richards, Brassard, Nash
Kreider, Stepan, Zuccarello
Hagelin, Boyle, Callahan
Pouliott, Moore, Dorsett
Pyatt

Still think they can move Del Zotto on D but likely for a RD while most here are saying a top 6 winger

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Schenn for JVR

Burke is now gone to Calgary, where he serves as the Flames’ director of hockey operations. But he and the management team he’d assembled in June of 2012 deserve kudos for doing what teams used to do to the Leafs in the Harold Ballard years: Pluck a talented youngster away from a team that foolishly grew impatient with him.

In fairness, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren was trying to address his franchise’s dire need on defence. But, giving up on van Riemsdyk after he’d missed half of his third professional season because of injury now smacks of myopia.

And it wasn’t as if Schenn had been playing well before the trade. In fact, he’d fallen to the point where he was seventh among Toronto defencemen in time on ice and his point totals had plateaued. Still Holmgren traded van Riemsdyk straight-up for him.

http://metronews.ca/voices/the-hock...star-with-the-maple-leafs-thanks-brian-burke/

Two lessons. Don't grow impatient with young power forwards. See #20. Defensemen have value.

The Leafs also made a nice deal acquiring Carter Ashton from TB for Keith Aulie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad