Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Bring in a young player who can play top-4 minutes. This team is blessed by having Staal and McDonagh on the left side. Stralman and Staal have very good chemistry. That is a solid 1b pairing. Get a player who can pair with McDonagh on a 2nd pairing or another 1b pairing and they will be fine.

Another way to think about it is that if they can get a a d-man who can move the puck both skating and passing maybe they spend less time in their own end because they are on offense more.

Moore is also a very solid #5 who can play more minutes when necessary.

Yeah, but then we don't need Moore AND MDZ. It's a waste of assets and cap space.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
If the cap goes up 5 mil and we somehow bring gabby back for 3 years 5 mil a year and re sign brassard then we won those trades.
Nash stepan Gaborik
Kreider brassard Callahan
Hagelin bolland miller
Hrivik lindberg dorsett

We'll finally see mosty home grown players thru out the line up and a cheap bottom 6. That's what I'd like to see next season, Richards has been great but that contract has to go

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
You mean on Nintendo? Nah I am kidding but you guys most solely be referring to his play in the POs last season, right?

He lead this team basically every game of the regular season that he played.

If you don't think he lead this team and took charge during the regular season, I am a tad confused.

It was under a microscope on the playoffs, but most of the time Nash wowed me with an amazing rush here or there. He wasnt the type of guy that was a dominant force every shift, mostly because hes not very physical at all.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Gaborik to NYR in July. 3 years 21m. :) With the cap going up, lets pull it off!

would love him back. hes a sniper. we have exactly zero of those.

but, hes a brittle 31 and not getting any faster. speed and skating are his game. love his shot but again, gonna be alot of cash to tie up on an aging guy whos most effective days are behind him.

at the right price i would welcome him back. his days here with torts were a mess. he wasnt healthy, he was misused and clearly not happy.

BarbaraAlphanse

Wish Kovalchuk came back. Rangers would be all over that, even if they had to wait a year.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
If the cap goes up 5 mil and we somehow bring gabby back for 3 years 5 mil a year and re sign brassard then we won those trades.
Nash stepan Gaborik
Kreider brassard Callahan
Hagelin bolland miller
Hrivik lindberg dorsett

We'll finally see mosty home grown players thru out the line up and a cheap bottom 6. That's what I'd like to see next season, Richards has been great but that contract has to go

gotta factor in fast and kristo as well.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
gotta factor in fast and kristo as well.

Yeah it'll be interesting over the next year. I've said previously this team has a lot of assets and they will be looking to make a move for a young star IMO. Fast kristo lindberg miller del zotto , they'll all be tradeable assets. Not saying they'll all go but 2 or 3 will be moved for an upgrade to the top 6 most likely

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If the speculation is correct and management asked Torts to piss off Gaborik enough to waive his no-trade-clause, I don't know why he would want to come back. He has plenty of friends in Columbus. The Wild may also want him.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
It was under a microscope on the playoffs, but most of the time Nash wowed me with an amazing rush here or there. He wasnt the type of guy that was a dominant force every shift, mostly because hes not very physical at all.
This x 100. Nash can wow you with flashes of stellar plays. But most of the time he is not very physical, a detriment when in his own end (he may be one of the worst star forwards when it comes to the defensive side of the game), and he constantly uses that stupid move entering the opposing zone by turning so he is skating backwards towards the net. He is definitely not worth $7.8 million per year.

Punxrocknyc19*

This x 100. Nash can wow you with flashes of stellar plays. But most of the time he is not very physical, a detriment when in his own end (he may be one of the worst star forwards when it comes to the defensive side of the game), and he constantly uses that stupid move entering the opposing zone by turning so he is skating backwards towards the net. He is definitely not worth $7.8 million per year.

i dont see how a lot of fans and media consider him a power forward...he is a big skilled sniper that isnt that much of a 2 way player and is too predictable at times... Ryan Callahan is more of a power forward than Rick Nash...

BarbaraAlphanse

Wonder how you'll feel when he's our best player the 2nd half of the season.

Punxrocknyc19*

If the speculation is correct and management asked Torts to piss off Gaborik enough to waive his no-trade-clause, I don't know why he would want to come back. He has plenty of friends in Columbus. The Wild may also want him.

is their a story or a link behind this? i dont think that management of a hockey team would consider doing this to a player although anything is possible

Punxrocknyc19*

let's see that he comes back first. the fact is that they are not giving updates like they did not with Michael Sauer is not a great sign at all :help:

BarbaraAlphanse

let's see that he comes back first. the fact is that they are not giving updates like they did not with Michael Sauer is not a great sign at all :help:

They rushed him back last year after a concussion. He wasn't the same after.

This is likely precautionary so that the same thing doesnt happen.

Sauer laid on the ice for a while after and had to be helped off. He immediately left and didn't return. Nash played out the rest of the period.

I'm not too worried.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Who knows when Nash is coming back or what type of player he will look like when he returns. Staal came back the day after New Year's and he didn't really play like himself until the playoffs.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The hating on Nash is confusing me. What player are you guys watching?

What Nash brings that Gabby (and most other players) doesn't bring is precisely that he can dominate play in the offensive zone for entire shifts. No, he doesn't crush people the way Lindros did. Yes, you'd like him to exert his will like that a little more frequently. And yes, it can sometimes be frustrating that he hasn't scored as much as you'd like from those shifts. But, he can still take over and force a whole team to focus on trying to defend him in a way that few players can.

There is of course concern that his game will be negatively impacted by the recent concussions, but I for one am very much looking forward to adding him to this mix - a healthy Nash playing in this system would be a lot of fun to watch.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
really hope we go after Steve Ott around the deadline. Last year of his deal, sat next to his wife at the game yesterday :naughty: and told her i hope he gets traded here and she said I hope so too I would love to live in the city :handclap:

Ott and Alex Steen would be 2 nice UFA additions. Highly doubt St Louis lets Steen go though.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Gaborik? Even if the Rangers wanted to bring him back,where are they finding the cap space for the $7.5M? They traded him for 3 roster players who don't add up to $7.5M. $1.8M less for all 3 players. The Rangers are pressed up against the cap.

Columbus will want a #1 pick for a Gaborik rental. Good luck with that.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Where is this speculation from?

BarbaraAlphanse

Yea, thats an easy one. Probably the same way I feel right now. That Nash is the best forward on a team devoid of much talent up front

Nash
Richards
Callahan
Stepan
Kreider
Hagelin
Brassard
Zucc
Miller

...devoid of talent?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I mean, he'd have to come back first for judgement to be made. And BRB and I were not stating he isn't out best forward. He clearly is our best offensive forward when it comes to talent. But he certainly is lacking in other areas. People complained Kreider was not using his size enough and that he was a liability in his own end. Nash has the same issues and then some. Nash is even worse in his own end than Kreider is. He gets lost out there inside the blueline. He puck chases too much instead of playing the man to man AV is asking for. Nash did it last year, which was even worse in a collapsing zone system. Puck would get passed to the point man he should've been in front of and yet he was somewhere else. He does it ALL THE TIME. He'll be down low or on the opposite wing without someone switching with him. He is awful in his own end. I apologize if you don't want to accept reality. Nash is just not worth $7.8 million. Yeah, best player on a team that is weak after him offensively.
Nash
Richards
Callahan
Stepan
Kreider
Hagelin
Brassard
Zucc
Miller

...devoid of talent?

Devoid of pure offensive talent? Yes. Kreider is still proving himself, even though he has been a dominant force since his return. If he can play like that for the rest of the year and his career than you have a 2nd forward who can absolutely dominate. But the rest don't bring both. Hagelin wears teams down, but he doesn't always produce the points. Callahan can be a mix of both but not with numbers that are in Nash's status. Richards is a playmaker first. Stepan is a playmaker first. Brassard disappears from the scoresheet every so often. Zucc? What has Zucc proven? Are we still arguing in his defense with the small sample sizes he produces here and there? Miller? You're kidding right?

That list does not consist of one player who can put the puck in the back of the net at will. So yeah it is devoid of that talent. And yes, your very obvious statement of Nash being our best player is a simple minded one. He doesn't have much behind him to prove otherwise against.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Nash
Richards
Callahan
Stepan
Kreider
Hagelin
Brassard
Zucc
Miller

...devoid of talent?

not devoid of all talent. just top end offensive type talent. there really isnt a consensus first liner in that group other than the beev.

richards is having comeback player of the year season so far but was booed out of ny last season.

cally is a warrior but hes still a marginal top 6 guy on a good team. best suited for 3rd line duty.

step is a 2c. needs to improve his skating.

kreider has had a few solid games. hes a baby. top 6 forward potential but up till recently, shown very little top end game.

hags is a pk/ speed guy with so-so hands. best suited on a 3rd line.

brassard is a top 6 talent with some issues under the helmet.

zucc is a creative smurf. he has his limitations.

miller is a baby like kreider. can go 3rd liner to top 6 guy depending.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Nash
Richards
Callahan
Stepan
Kreider
Hagelin
Brassard
Zucc
Miller

...devoid of talent?

Yes. Is there a point in here? What you've mentioned is a bunch of names. Quite comically, Richards is the only one that has shown some sort of consistent top-level offensive production in his NHL career, and we know what happened/will happen to him.

I forgot that talent is sometimes separated from actual production in these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad