Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
:laugh:

so in 2015 who will the Rangers trade their 1st round pick for.. lets keep trading the 1st round picks since Rangers scouting sucks :shakehead some fans think by trading picks is the way to build a championship... lets keep trading prospects for the next overpaid player :help: im glad some of these fans arent the gm of this team, they would be no future prospects or draft picks... Eberle good player but so overpaid... no thanks.

Eberle is 23 years old. He already has a 30 goal, 70 point season under his belt. He was on pace of about that last year. He's on pace for that this year.

He's the exact kind of player you give up prospects and a pick to get. Especially if the first is where the Rangers have usually been picking or later. And especially with the mixed to poor results the Rangers have had picking in the first round.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Yakupov also fills a hole in the top-6 @ LW.

Seguin was just traded for Eriksson + Fraser with Peverly

Seguin had proven much more than Yakupov has. MDZ + Lindberg/Fast/Hrivik for Yakupov + ______

Yakupov is a RW.

And you left out Rielly Smith and Joe Morrow going to the Bruins. They aren't exactly minor pieces.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Yakupov also fills a hole in the top-6 @ LW.

Seguin was just traded for Eriksson + Fraser with Peverly

Seguin had proven much more than Yakupov has. MDZ + Lindberg/Fast/Hrivik for Yakupov + ______
I think Edmonton would think this is a prank call.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
ODC, you know I was with the you on the whole WTF?!?!?! bandwagon after the Rangers passed on Tarasenko to take McIlrath, but I think your view on him blinds you to the obvious value that management still puts on him...

they made a mistake. at this point, they are just hoping he can fill a role. im ok with that but we can find guys that do what he might do as fa's.

sorry, i dont put the same value on him as others do. and im not so sure the rest of the league values him as much as you do but as part of this deal, hes a good name to add.

hes a western canada boy. good fit with the oil. let them groom him for their future shutdown guy. again, wait too long and the law of diminishing returns applies.

if he can get freekin nail yakupov in red, white and blue, its a 100% no brainer to me

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
they made a mistake. at this point, they are just hoping he can fill a role. im ok with that but we can find guys that do what he might do as fa's.

sorry, i dont put the same value on him as others do. and im not so sure the rest of the league values him as much as you do but as part of this deal, hes a good name to add.

hes a western canada boy. good fit with the oil. let them groom him for their future shutdown guy. again, wait too long and the law of diminishing returns applies.

if he can get freekin nail yakupov in red, white and blue, its a 100% no brainer to me

Who can you get in free agency to fill that role? You have said this a few times and I'm legitimately curious as the Rangers have been looking for this type of guy for years...

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I think Edmonton would think this is a prank call.

hes got one goal and 2 assists and is brutal in his own zone. its not like hes an 18 year old rookie. hes a 20 year old and is in his 2nd NHL season now. if they are looking for a dman they arent getting much better than del zotto.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
hes got one goal and 2 assists and is brutal in his own zone. its not like hes an 18 year old rookie. hes a 20 year old and is in his 2nd NHL season now. if they are looking for a dman they arent getting much better than del zotto.
Yes, he turned 20 this month. He scored 0.65 points per game as a 19 year old. Edmonton would be stupid to sell low on him, and brain dead to sell that low on him.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Who can you get in free agency to fill that role? You have said this a few times and I'm legitimately curious as the Rangers have been looking for this type of guy for years...

depends on what one thinks mcilrath will become.

if hes a 3rd pair guy who fights and plays it safe in his own end, then that guy is out there.

some see chris pronger here or shea webber. im sorry i dont

i see doug murray/brooks orpik.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He played LW a lot last season out of pure need.

Ah, maybe that's why. Thanks!

depends on what one thinks mcilrath will become.

if hes a 3rd pair guy who fights and plays it safe in his own end, then that guy is out there.

some see chris pronger here or shea webber. im sorry i dont

i see doug murray/brooks orpik.

I see a tougher Matt Greene or 2nd pairing version of Chara.

Even if you think he will turn out to be a tougher version of Brooks Orpik or Douglas Murray in his prime, those players NEVER become available until way later in their careers. Teams don't let those guys go.

Championship*

So then why would the Oilers want him for Yakupov? He either does have value or he doesn't here. We get, you don't like him and think he is of low value - what's the point of putting him in a trade then? By that thinking, if he doesn't have a lot of value around the league, he's be useless to put in there. #Hypocrisy

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

My point is that I don't think MANAGEMENT has come to your way of thinking regarding McIlrath. My sense is that they are still very high on him and would view your proposed package as an overpayment. That's all I'm saying.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to have Nail Yakupov on this team.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Yakupov is not proven and he comes with risk. Sure his upside is tremendous but you still don't know. As I said on the main board, factoring in those things, I'm not giving up a proven top d-man for him. And I don't believe any other team would either.

Del Zotto and prospects/picks.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Probably in the minority, but I take Eberle over Yakupov quite easily. Righty shot who can snipe and is very creative with the puck on his stick. Plus he has that "it" factor that you can't teach. The kid is clutch. Despite the **** show that's going on in Edmonton, I'd be very surprised if he was moved before Yakupov. Good ol' western Canadian kid with a pedigree of performing, or a enigmatic Russian who doesn't seem to be feeling what the coaches are putting down. I can only imagine the PR nightmare that would bubble up if they picked Yak over Eberle.

I also know that the organization adores McIlrath. He's as close to untouchable as you'll find amongst our prospects. They want him to be Dan Girardi with a nasty streak, and they think he can be.

Punxrocknyc19*

Yakupov is not proven and he comes with risk. Sure his upside is tremendous but you still don't know. As I said on the main board, factoring in those things, I'm not giving up a proven top d-man for him. And I don't believe any other team would either.

Del Zotto and prospects/picks.

knowing the Rangers luck, Yakupov would get dealt to NYR and then bolt to the KHL like Lisin did :help:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Probably in the minority, but I take Eberle over Yakupov quite easily. Righty shot who can snipe and is very creative with the puck on his stick. Plus he has that "it" factor that you can't teach. The kid is clutch. Despite the **** show that's going on in Edmonton, I'd be very surprised if he was moved before Yakupov. Good ol' western Canadian kid with a pedigree of performing, or a enigmatic Russian who doesn't seem to be feeling what the coaches are putting down. I can only imagine the PR nightmare that would bubble up if they picked Yak over Eberle.

I also know that the organization adores McIlrath. He's as close to untouchable as you'll find amongst our prospects. They want him to be Dan Girardi with a nasty streak, and they think he can be.

In a vacuum, I absolutely take Eberle over Yak. But Yak has as much or more potential, is on a far cheaper contract and will cost less to acquire. And as you said, Edmonton is much more likely to deal Yak than Eberle.

The question is, would MDZ + get it done for Yak? And what would the + need to be?

NoQuitInNewMexico

it's okay cause it's all just the way it should be
Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I'd trade the sun and the moon for Yakupov if I could. I just don't want to tell myself it will happen because three quarters of the league will be interested in the guy.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'd trade the sun and the moon for Yakupov if I could. I just don't want to tell myself it will happen because three quarters of the league will be interested in the guy.
That would be a short-sighted trade. If there was no sun, the Earth probably wouldn't last long enough for Yakupov to play a game with us.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

eberle is not leaving edmonton via trade.

yak quite possibly is. i offer girardi and mdz straight up.

as for mcilrath, i fully accept that the organization adores him, at one time they loved manny malhotra, brendl, lundmark, al montoya, hugh jessiman, grachev, korpedo and initially bobby sanguinetti. and a few others im sure ive forgotten.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
In a vacuum, I absolutely take Eberle over Yak. But Yak has as much or more potential, is on a far cheaper contract and will cost less to acquire. And as you said, Edmonton is much more likely to deal Yak than Eberle.

The question is, would MDZ + get it done for Yak? And what would the + need to be?

I don't think Yakupov would be that much cheaper than Eberle. Dealing away a first overall pick after 50-ish games smacks of desperation by MacT.

I'd much rather have the known commodity. $6M is somewhat pricey, but he's easily a $6M player. It's not like you're rolling the dice on Tyler Myers and his massive contract. He's consistently scored at a high rate over the last few seasons. Yakupov had a good year last year, but he's nothing more than unrealized potential at this point. I'd rather get the guy performing like a top pick, than the guy who was a top pick but hasn't put it together yet.

If you read the Oilers board, the price for Yakupov is apparently a #1 defender and more. Ultimately I think if MDZ was the basis, we'd have to add a high pick and one of Miller, Kreider, McIlrath or Kristo. I'd pass.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i dont think the rangers organization was too upset lisin "bolted" to the khl...

for the record, he didnt.

he left the coyotes organization in 06-07 to return to ak bars kazan for one season then he returned.

he was non tendered by us after the 09-10 season.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
eberle is not leaving edmonton via trade.

yak quite possibly is. i offer girardi and mdz straight up.

as for mcilrath, i fully accept that the organization adores him, at one time they loved manny malhotra, brendl, lundmark, al montoya, hugh jessiman, grachev, korpedo and initially bobby sanguinetti. and a few others im sure ive forgotten.

They also loved Stepan, McDonagh, Staal, Sauer, Callahan, Dubinsky, and plenty of others, but hey, let's not let that get in the way of the fact that you think he's garbage. You adored Enver Lisin, but that doesn't mean I think every prospect you like is going to end up like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad