Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Perfect time to inquire. The Bolts have Purcell already and they just drafted another forward in Drouin. I think it would be a good deal for both teams.

My only real concern is whether or not he's NHL ready right now. He's sulking in Syracuse, which is a bad sign. We need a roster player to help up front sooner rather than later.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Bogosian just signed a long ass contract. All of the Winnipeg guys are signed to long term rich contracts. I believe has suffered more than one concussion in last few years. The Jets awarded all of their players and they haven't done anything as a group. The Rangers shouldn't pay Girardi. Trade him. He blocks shots and is good on the PK. Is Staal planning to sign an extension this summer? The Rangers can't be sitting here this time next season with Staal unsigned. Another question is the injury factor. Will Staal ever become the same player he was before hurting his eye and do you want to commit long-term to him? Teams were willing to trade for Vanek knowing he has many connections to Minnesota. These questions are above our pay grade.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I think Bogosian's upside is good enough that if I could tolerate sending back what I gave up with Del Zotto, I'd pull the trigger and hope for the best. Between DG and MDZ, you're looking at $7-8M to retain both. I think we could do better for that money.

DZ+ for Bogo + Burmi's rights
Danny G for Gardiner and Biggs

Done. :laugh:

I would do both of those deals in a heartbeat. Infusion of youth and skill and I like what Biggs projects to be which is something this team needs.

Would you put the likes of Fast or Lindberg in the '+' category of the Winnipeg deal? I've seen people throw out Miller as that possibility, but, much like Kreider, Miller is a player with attributes that this organization lacks. OTOH, if you're securing the rights to Burmistrov, Lindberg becomes redundant.

Difficult decision. They both look like 2nd/3rd line NHL forwards.

I think you'd have to give up one of them in the trade. As much as I like him, I'd sooner give up Fast than Lindberg. OL is having a quiet start, but I think he has #2C upside and I'd hate to downgrade the organizational depth at center right now.

I've always been a fan of Burmi, but we're only getting his rights in the deal, so who even knows if he'd come back. His current deal doesn't have an out-clause for this season, so at best we wouldn't see him until next fall.

Heck, maybe Brassard goes in the deal to balance out salary and Miller takes over at center. Never know with this team. I saw about 30 different line combinations last night.

I wouldn't move Brassard, that's for sure. Hard to find a place for Stepan, Brassard, Burmistrov and Lindberg to play all at the same time. Although Burmistrov can play wing, he is a solid defensive player.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
My only real concern is whether or not he's NHL ready right now. He's sulking in Syracuse, which is a bad sign. We need a roster player to help up front sooner rather than later.

He was one of TB's best players in pre-season. He is ready. I think he is sick of toiling in the AHL when he is clearly NHL ready. He has the entire package.

Bogosian just signed a long ass contract. All of the Winnipeg guys are signed to long term rich contracts. I believe has suffered more than one concussion in last few years. The Jets awarded all of their players and they haven't done anything as a group. The Rangers shouldn't pay Girardi. Trade him. He blocks shots and is good on the PK. Is Staal planning to sign an extension this summer? The Rangers can't be sitting here this time next season with Staal unsigned. Another question is the injury factor. Will Staal ever become the same player he was before hurting his eye and do you want to commit long-term to him? Teams were willing to trade for Vanek knowing he has many connections to Minnesota. These questions are above our pay grade.

I'd move Girardi. Sather will let him walk for nothing. That's his M.O.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
keeping kristo, kreider and miller gives us 3 young quality usa kids who can be the next core for this organization.

add to that a few of the euros and we have a solid group of young, hard working, good skating kids.

we need to add 1 more offensive kid to go along with the very raw buchnevich. we need a sniper, goal scorer in this organization in the worst way.

i would love to see if we could pry jeremy morin away from chi. they are loaded with forwards and this kids a legit sniper.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I would do both of those deals in a heartbeat. Infusion of youth and skill and I like what Biggs projects to be which is something this team needs.

Yeah, I think Biggs is a project, but he looks like he could be that hard-hitting 3rd liner we've been lacking for a while. Gardiner obviously steps in right away.

I wouldn't move Brassard, that's for sure. Hard to find a place for Stepan, Brassard, Burmistrov and Lindberg to play all at the same time. Although Burmistrov can play wing, he is a solid defensive player.

Eh, I'd worry about the fit once those guys start making the jump. Until they're knocking down the door at the NHL level, it's not hard to find a place for them.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

I agree about moving Girardi, but, I'd move him knowing that we have a younger replacement ready. And, while I believe McIlrath the ultimate Girardi replacement, you still need another RHD. Maybe Bogosian is not ideal, but, he's likely being paid less than what Girardi could be getting this off-season. Yes, Winnipeg overpaid Bogosian, but, I'm more willing to pay for a player who will be reaching his peak at those contract terms, than one starting the downside of his career.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
keeping kristo, kreider and miller gives us 3 young quality usa kids who can be the next core for this organization.

add to that a few of the euros and we have a solid group of young, hard working, good skating kids.

we need to add 1 more offensive kid to go along with the very raw buchnevich. we need a sniper, goal scorer in this organization in the worst way.

i would love to see if we could pry jeremy morin away from chi. they are loaded with forwards and this kids a legit sniper.

Not the biggest fan of Morin although he is similar to what the team needs. I would be looking at add another player who can provide some size and speed to the wing. Zibanejad, Connolly, that type of player.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Pretty well. He didn't make TB out of Camp because they ave too many forwards playing wing right now and, or so I have read, Yzerman wants to shop Malone and raise his value.

I think he has 30 goal potential similar to Bobby Ryan in the say he plays.

Yep, I mentioned this before. They played together in Juniors and are good friends. Chemsitry would not be a problem on the PP.

Thanks

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Fast, Lindberg, Kristo...I'd move all of them. These guys are nothing special, and insanely expendable.

Miller is a keeper.

Fast, Lindberg and Kristo are all about 1/8th into their professional and/or North American careers, yet you've already determined their entire career trajectories? How are they expendable? Who are we getting back that is better?

These are the type of players you hang onto because they haven't built up a ton of trade value yet, nor have we seen their full potential. There's absolutely no point to trading them right now. Learn to have some patience.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, I think Biggs is a project, but he looks like he could be that hard-hitting 3rd liner we've been lacking for a while. Gardiner obviously steps in right away.

Eh, I'd worry about the fit once those guys start making the jump. Until they're knocking down the door at the NHL level, it's not hard to find a place for them.

Agreed. Biggs is something this organization lacks and Gardiner is a pure offensive, smooth skating d-man. Add him to McDonagh and Moore and the group gets that much faster.

I agree about moving Girardi, but, I'd move him knowing that we have a younger replacement ready. And, while I believe McIlrath the ultimate Girardi replacement, you still need another RHD. Maybe Bogosian is not ideal, but, he's likely being paid less than what Girardi could be getting this off-season. Yes, Winnipeg overpaid Bogosian, but, I'm more willing to pay for a player who will be reaching his peak at those contract terms, than one starting the downside of his career.

I'd be more willing to pay Bogosian but maybe they could move MDZ for a forward elsewhere instead and Girardi for a RD puck moving replacement. Like Gardiner.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Adding Gardiner and Bogosian would make this blue line even more smooth skating.

I don't see why Winnipeg trades Bogosian for Del Zotto, though.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

I agree, I'd prefer a more established NHLer than a prospect for MDZ because in Rangersland it seems like Murphy's Law you know that prospect wouldn't live up to his potential lol

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I agree, I'd prefer a more established NHLer than a prospect for MDZ because in Rangersland it seems like Murphy's Law you know that prospect wouldn't live up to his potential lol

(2) years ago he played pretty much the entire season in the NHL. I am telling you from watching him in pre-season he is very much NHL ready. Add him and let him play and he will explode. Bobby Ryan-like potential. Get in on the ground floor.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Adding Gardiner and Bogosian would make this blue line even more smooth skating.

I don't see why Winnipeg trades Bogosian for Del Zotto, though.

I think if they move Girardi and MDZ and are able to add even Gardiner + a smooth skating puck moving prospect who is a year or so away, that would be more than fine. Falk can play as the #6 for this season. They have the depth to do it anyways and #5/6 d-men at the deadline aren't that expensive if they want to upgrade that spot.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Leaf fan coming in peace .... a lot of us are looking at Girardi. I know it's not all about numbers for him, but looking over the "easy" stats it looks like he's having a down year. I know the team as a group are, but has Girardi's play fallen? Is he the same guy we've seen the last 4-5 years?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Leaf fan coming in peace .... a lot of us are looking at Girardi. I know it's not all about numbers for him, but looking over the "easy" stats it looks like he's having a down year. I know the team as a group are, but has Girardi's play fallen? Is he the same guy we've seen the last 4-5 years?

Same guy, new system. He has gotten better as the season has moved along. Still a rock on defense.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
(2) years ago he played pretty much the entire season in the NHL. I am telling you from watching him in pre-season he is very much NHL ready. Add him and let him play and he will explode. Bobby Ryan-like potential. Get in on the ground floor.

I agree. He's a very skilled player. I brought his name up in the off-season and still think he's worth taking a chance on.

Maybe we can get Connolly + for MDZ. Maybe someone with size and speed that can play a bottom 6 role for us, either now or in the future?

KreiMeARiver*

Fast, Lindberg and Kristo are all about 1/8th into their professional and/or North American careers, yet you've already determined their entire career trajectories? How are they expendable? Who are we getting back that is better?

These are the type of players you hang onto because they haven't built up a ton of trade value yet, nor have we seen their full potential. There's absolutely no point to trading them right now. Learn to have some patience.

Sorry none of them impress me.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I agree. He's a very skilled player. I brought his name up in the off-season and still think he's worth taking a chance on.

Maybe we can get Connolly + for MDZ. Maybe someone with size and speed that can play a bottom 6 role for us, either now or in the future?

Or a puck moving d-man to be included with Connolly.

I like Erne, Namestnikov, Kucherov as forwards.

Championship*

Or a puck moving d-man to be included with Connolly.

I like Erne, Namestnikov, Kucherov as forwards.

Slater Koekkoek. Rangers liked him in his draft year.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Fast, Lindberg, Kristo...I'd move all of them. These guys are nothing special, and insanely expendable.

Miller is a keeper.

Great analysis
Wish someone of your great hockey knowledge and esteemed perception was in charge and calling the shots. Olympic roster (preliminary) on Team Sweden and a factor in Europes 2nd best league means nothing I suppose.
Getting used to the rink surface is totally irrelevant
BINGo

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so Oilers waived Potter and Grebeshkov which is likely no big deal but I would like to see what the Rangers could get out of Edmonton for Del Zotto.

I am also on the wagon of dealing a UFA like Stralman from the D if they can get a piece for next yr like another RD

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Still think the Oilers are a likely landing spot for Del Zotto. Howson loves him, and a top-4 D is a need. Whether or not the fans on that board want to admit that Del Zotto is an upgrade for them is another story though. According to them, every D prospect they have is going to be vastly superior sooner or later. :sarcasm:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Still think the Oilers are a likely landing spot for Del Zotto. Howson loves him, and a top-4 D is a need. Whether or not the fans on that board want to admit that Del Zotto is an upgrade for them is another story though. According to them, every D prospect they have is going to be vastly superior sooner or later. :sarcasm:

If DZ keeps playing like this they might be right. :D

I don't think this team has the defensive depth right now to swap a D for a Foward. By the end of the year Falk would be dragged to the gallows. Maybe next year if another prospect makes the jump. If the team isn't looking like the playoffs are likely by April then I hope they move DZ and Girardi and play cones for the 5&6 if they have to. Assuming DZ continues to be dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad