Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Still think the Oilers are a likely landing spot for Del Zotto. Howson loves him, and a top-4 D is a need. Whether or not the fans on that board want to admit that Del Zotto is an upgrade for them is another story though. According to them, every D prospect they have is going to be vastly superior sooner or later. :sarcasm:

Even if they are (doubtful), how long are they willing to wait? That's a franchise that desperately needs some success on the ice.

Vidic15*

Even if they are (doubtful), how long are they willing to wait? That's a franchise that desperately needs some success on the ice.

Fans are frustrated, as well. They are all in agreement that one of their big forwards needs to be moved.

PavelBure9

Jul 31, 2007
At this time, in the foreseeable future, we know Nash is not coming back. The Rangers have to deal with it like the Pens had to deal with the Crosby concussion. However, with Callahan coming back hopefully in two weeks the lineup potentially could look like this

Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Richards - Callahan
Pouliot - Brassard - Miller
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

No one is a fantastic goal scorer. But at least you have lines that could put the puck in the net. Pyatt, once everyone is healthy, should he gone first. Doesn't score, hit, is too slow, and his penalty killing is atrocious. What's the point of Pyatt. A big body? He's a nice depth guy for the fourth line but he has to go. I'd honestly take Powe over Pyatt only because he can penalty kill.

Championship*

I'll gladly take Eberle off their hands. That or add and try to grab Yak. Not realistic, but it's nice to daydream :)

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
yak is the guy most available.

an mdz yak trade is a no brainer. both need a change of scenery.

they get their young dman who slots into their top 4 and we get a young scorer we so desperately need.

that seems like a match made in heaven to me

KreiMeARiver*

Great analysis
Wish someone of your great hockey knowledge and esteemed perception was in charge and calling the shots. Olympic roster (preliminary) on Team Sweden and a factor in Europes 2nd best league means nothing I suppose.
Getting used to the rink surface is totally irrelevant
BINGo

Thanks, and I agree. :)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The Rangers need to follow Neil Smith's model between 1989 and 1994. Smith inherited all the Patrick/Espo youth like Leetch, Richter, Amonte, Mallette, Dahlen, Turcotte, Granato, Miller.

The first thing he did was give them a chance, and in 1989 they stunk the first half of the season. Then he made the Nicholls blockbuster (Nicholls had 70 goals the year prior) at a very high price (Granato and Sandstrom were dynamic but both struggling).

IIRC Bernie joined the team and they hit the road and won huge games in LA and in Edmonton. The trade was a success, but adding Gartner for Dahlen made them a legit threat, all with Leetch having a miserable season.

Still, that Nicholls trade is what started making the Rangers a serious Cup threat. They won the division in 1990, should have won in 1991, and won President's trophies in 1992 and 1994. Anybody who followed the team back then is lying their ass off if they deny how dominant and fun to watch those teams were.

The Rangers need to start parting with their youth. They arent going to Cup contend with what they have. Even if the window is only 5-7 years old, they need to go for it.

And there's this misconception that 1994 gutted the team. It didnt. The trades Smith made after 1994 gutted the team. A defense of Zubov, Leetch, Beukeboom and Norstrom would have been one of the league's best. Smith was greedy and it cost him.

Seriously. Start cutting the cord. We all love prospects and original Rangers but this isnt working. Keep Henrik, keep McDonagh, keep Kreider and keep Staal. Everybody else, including Callahan, should be put on watch.

What made that 89-90 Rangers team fun was the PP was DEADLY

103 PP goals in 89-90 ranked 4th with a 23.3% conversion rate

it's what kept them in games.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Fine. Should the usual Del Zotto, Pyatt and a 4th do the trick?

we both know you gota give to get. mdz, mcilrath and a 2nd i do.

mdz is a guy they like.

mcilrath is a western canada boy going home

the 2nd is a throw in

eberle is a pretty exciting player. kid can dance and dangle.

Championship*

100% would take Yak over Eberle if given the choice. Let him run buck wild here.

KreiMeARiver*

What made that 89-90 Rangers team fun was the PP was DEADLY

103 PP goals in 89-90 ranked 4th with a 23.3% conversion rate

it's what kept them in games.

YES!!! My first real season watching NYR hockey.

John Ogrodnick had freakin' 19 PP goals that year. He was a monster.

ahh...the memories.

Punxrocknyc19*

I would trade Del Zotto, Miller and a 1st for Eberle easily. Throw in Pyatt to make it even :sarcasm:

:laugh:

so in 2015 who will the Rangers trade their 1st round pick for.. lets keep trading the 1st round picks since Rangers scouting sucks :shakehead some fans think by trading picks is the way to build a championship... lets keep trading prospects for the next overpaid player :help: im glad some of these fans arent the gm of this team, they would be no future prospects or draft picks... Eberle good player but so overpaid... no thanks.

Vidic15*

:laugh:

so in 2015 who will the Rangers trade their 1st round pick for.. lets keep trading the 1st round picks since Rangers scouting sucks :shakehead some fans think by trading picks is the way to build a championship... lets keep trading prospects for the next overpaid player :help: im glad some of these fans arent the gm of this team, they would be no future prospects or draft picks...

Agreed. Rangers can't afford to trade any more picks. This year's draft was basically a throw away. That Clowe trade was just awful.

Championship*

mdz is a guy they like.

the 2nd is a throw in

I love how you cut down McI every chance you can but then throw him in proposals all the time with the qualifier "gotta give to get" :laugh:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

mdz is a guy they like.

the 2nd is a throw in

Huge pass on that

ODC, you know I was with the you on the whole WTF?!?!?! bandwagon after the Rangers passed on Tarasenko to take McIlrath, but I think your view on him blinds you to the obvious value that management still puts on him...

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
ODC, you know I was with the you on the whole WTF?!?!?! bandwagon after the Rangers passed on Tarasenko to take McIlrath, but I think your view on him blinds you to the obvious value that management still puts on him...

And the fact that he has developed exactly as expected and that he's been the Pack's best defenseman this season.

Not interested in moving McI at all. Rangers desperately need his nastiness from the backend.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yakupov also fills a hole in the top-6 @ LW.

Seguin was just traded for Eriksson + Fraser with Peverly

Seguin had proven much more than Yakupov has. MDZ + Lindberg/Fast/Hrivik for Yakupov + ______

Championship*

Yakupov also fills a hole in the top-6 @ LW.

Seguin was just traded for Eriksson + Fraser with Peverly

Seguin had proven much more than Yakupov has. MDZ + Lindberg/Fast/Hrivik for Yakupov + ______

Yak is a RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad