Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rangers are not trading Kreider. They are not giving up on this kid. He was a non-negotiable in other trade talks. He certainly isn't being dealt to Boston.

I hate Marchand as an opposing player. I'd probably still have a hard time liking him if he was here, but he can play. Problem is his cap hit. Too high for this current rangers team

Kreider was non-negotionable two years ago. Things change. His value is not what it once was. To me Marchand is pretty close as a player to Callahan and the team needs another player like that. I do not think Marchand is overpaid.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kreider was non-negotionable two years ago. Things change. His value is not what it once was. To me Marchand is pretty close as a player to Callahan and the team needs another player like that. I do not think Marchand is overpaid.

His value is not what it once was? He is 22 years old. Because he is not a 30 goal scorer right now his value has detoriated? He is big in stature, a physically strong kid who can skate with the best of them, and has a heavy snap shot. The kid isn't going anywhere. The rangers don't have much in the cupboard like him. Not to mention they are a small team, especially right now. A lot of posters are crying more size and physical play. Kreider has shown flashes of that along with the speed he possesses. Why are we trading out what we desire to have? It'd be a clueless move.

On Marchand, he plays a rough and tumble game with skill mixed in. However, I think $4.5 million is too much for him. But regardless of his worth, that is not even what I was discussing. The Rangers can't afford him because they are right around the cap. That is the bottom line. Plus dealing with Boston isn't too likely.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Marchand is a smaller, more talented version of Brandon Dubinsky.

I realize that is an unflattering analogy, but understand that he is a guy I'd love to have on this team.

The first season he was playing all I could think was that Todd Marchant had gotten a lot quicker in his old age.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
His value is not what it once was? He is 22 years old. Because he is not a 30 goal scorer right now his value has detoriated?

Snip

Plus dealing with Boston isn't too likely.

Kreider's value has "deteriorated" because of him being unable to hold down a spot with the Rangers.

I agree Boston isn't likely to trade with the Rangers, but stranger things have happened.

I would jump for joy if they got Marchand for Del Zotto and Kreider. Marchand at 4.5 compared to what David Clarkson is making is a bargain. Heck, he is better bang for buck compared to what Callahan's next contract is going to be. Anything under 5 for a legit 25 goal 2nd line wing is below market and a steal especially at Marchand's age. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to fit him under the cap honestly, especially next year with the cap going up an considering who is hypothetically walking as a FA.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Honestly give me Hagelin Nash and Callahan & this team is a playoff team.
Kreider Richards Callahan
Hagelin stepan Nash
Zucc brassard fast
Pyatt/mash Boyle dorsett

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Marchand is a smaller, more talented version of Brandon Dubinsky.

I realize that is an unflattering analogy, but understand that he is a guy I'd love to have on this team.

The first season he was playing all I could think was that Todd Marchant had gotten a lot quicker in his old age.

I don't think that is unflattering at all the team misses Dubinsky terribly. Too bad Eriksson got hurt. I would have made a big play there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Honestly give me Hagelin Nash and Callahan & this team is a playoff team.
Kreider Richards Callahan
Hagelin stepan Nash
Zucc brassard fast
Pyatt/mash Boyle dorsett

Knocked out in the first round at best unless Lundqvist goes into god mode.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For what it's worth, Fast has done nothing.

Fast should go to the AHL if they aren't going to play him with the appropriate line mates, but you can see what kind of role they are asking him to play. If he had buried the chance in the 1st period of Stralman's assist opinions might be different.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I know hindsight is always 20/20, but man, what I'd do to not do the two trades with Columbus... The trades deteriorated this team.

Honestly either way this team wasn't good enough to win the cup. Perhaps this meltdown will lead to a true rebuild. In the salary cap era you have to get your top offensive players in the draft. Free agents are always past their prime and the guys who are traded usually have warts or else their original team wouldn't let them go.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What would you guys want for Callahan? All heart guy I would love to have, but imagine the price would be steep

I am in the minority but I would not be opposed to dealing Callahan. Yes it would be a lot. Turris would be a good place to start. Zibanejad ++ might also work. I only move Callahan for a legit top six player under team control. But would need a lot to consider. Would probably need a first in any deal and Ottawa does not have that. I don't really know though.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
On the current trade market, nothing is easy.

But we really need to remodel our blueline. There really is -- no -- purpose with having 6 quality guys on the blueline. On top of that, we have 6 guys AND a big hole in terms of a PPQB and offensive dynamo back there.

I don't really mind Staal or McD or MDZ or Moore -- but we could do just as well with two of these guys. If MDZ and Moore is hurt, it don't hurt us much at all. If Staal and MDZ is hurt, it seriously don't make us that much worse. If we loose two forwards, we basically have to shut down the store. That type of balance beween the assets on this roster is not reasonable.

This is just a waste of assets.

My plan would be to:

1. Deal one of our top D's, along with a prospect if necessary, to get a really good forward. I mean, what can we get for McD and Kreider/Miller? "Forward 1"

2. Deal a one of our D's, MDZ/Moore and a prospect for a young up and comming right shooting offensive minded D's, there are a couple of out there. "RH PPQB"

Staal-RH PPQB
MDZ/Moore-Girardi
Falk-Strålman
Allen
McIlrath

And we get a top 3 forward.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
1. Deal one of our top D's, along with a prospect if necessary, to get a really good forward. I mean, what can we get for McD and Kreider/Miller? "Forward 1"

2. Deal a one of our D's, MDZ/Moore and a prospect for a young up and comming right shooting offensive minded D's, there are a couple of out there. "RH PPQB"

And we get a top 3 forward.

snipped a bit here...

1. Would move Staal instead of McDonagh. I think McDonagh is the only defender that we have that we can be confident now and in the future as a Ranger. Other than that I agree.

2. Would deal MDZ instead of Moore all day but yes.

3. Would definitely look to move Girardi as well as an upcoming UFA to replenish some assets.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
snipped a bit here...

1. Would move Staal instead of McDonagh. I think McDonagh is the only defender that we have that we can be confident now and in the future as a Ranger. Other than that I agree.

But do you get a proper return for him? He has a bit of a history, and his recent play is definitely a result of him barely playing like since 2010...

I do however think that if you -- threw -- Staal to the wolfs, you had your back against the wall and where forced to play him 25 minutes a night, he would come back to normal alot faster than now. We don't get any continuity while rolling 3 D-pairings. Really bumping the time now for a selected 4 would help.

In the end, I am a bit indiffrent. We would need to get a great return for whom ever of the two we moves, so the team we deal with would probably have the say.

2. Would deal MDZ instead of Moore all day but yes.

3. Would definitely look to move Girardi as well as an upcoming UFA to replenish some assets.

The only reason I am hesitant to move Girardi is because of his value in the locker-room. It just seems that he more valuble to us than his value on the trade market. But you never know, if some team put a great player on the table for Girardi, maybe we should listen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad