Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Mika Z could become a really good player but nobody really knows how he will progress.

Del Zotto is a top 4 NHL D. He has his faults but he is still a 23 year old D with 5 years pro.

It wouldn't be just Mika coming back. They would have to add. But he is the type of player they should be looking at. Young, under contract for a long time, great skater, scorer, physical. He checks all the boxes.

Brett Connolly is another one for me. Same boat as Mika. That type of player.

Staxgod90

New Season New Dream
May 31, 2011
Westchester,NY
It wouldn't be just Mika coming back. They would have to add. But he is the type of player they should be looking at. Young, under contract for a long time, great skater, scorer, physical. He checks all the boxes.

I feel TB might be more inclined to make the trade to get a partner for Hedman(not sure if they compliment each other though)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I feel TB might be more inclined to make the trade to get a partner for Hedman(not sure if they compliment each other though)

I have always thought there was a connection to be made there. Stamkos and MDZ played together in juniors and are friends.

They have prospects like Koekoek, Namestnikov, Vasilevskiy, Panik, Erne and Kucherov who I would think would intrigue the Rangers. Add one of them to Connolly.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Neal had fallen out of favor in Dallas, and a PMD was a huge need for them. They overpaid to get what they wanted. Ottawa doesn't really have that problem, and Zibanejad is their top prospect. I doubt they'd want to give up on him just to add blue line depth.

Ironically enough, Philly would be the best trading partner, IMO. They need a young PMD to build around, and they have some attractive forward options to trade. Heck, even Dallas might be in the market for a young defender once again. They made a big move for Seguin, have a nice group of youngsters at forward but very thin on D (Though Dillon looks like a great find), and they need to start trending upward. Chiasson and Ritchie are names that jump out.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Neal had fallen out of favor in Dallas, and a PMD was a huge need for them. They overpaid to get what they wanted. Ottawa doesn't really have that problem, and Zibanejad is their top prospect. I doubt they'd want to give up on him just to add blue line depth.

Ironically enough, Philly would be the best trading partner, IMO. They need a young PMD to build around, and they have some attractive forward options to trade. Heck, even Dallas might be in the market for a young defender once again. They made a big move for Seguin, have a nice group of youngsters at forward but very thin on D (Though Dillon looks like a great find), and they need to start trending upward.

I think TB could use some help too.

Staxgod90

New Season New Dream
May 31, 2011
Westchester,NY
I have always thought there was a connection to be made there. Stamkos and MDZ played together in juniors and are friends.

They have prospects like Koekoek, Namestnikov, Vasilevskiy, Panik, Erne and Kucherov who I would think would intrigue the Rangers. Add one of them to Connolly.

I don't know much about the names you threw out but I'm all for getting younger even though DZ is only 23

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't know much about the names you threw out but I'm all for getting younger even though DZ is only 23

They have some intriguing prospects for sure.

Tampa needs a steadying presence on the blueline, IMO. Hedman has offensive skill, they already have Carle as well. I think Girardi would be an attractive piece there, but I don't think he'd re-up long term with them.

Hedman has some offensive potential, but he is much more suited to being the defensive guy than the offensive guy on a pairing from what I have seen.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I think getting Vasilevsky from Tampa is a bit of a pipe dream, I'd love it but they are very high on him. Erne played with Duclair so I'm sure the Rangers are familiar with him.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Is Brad Marchand available? He was dropped to the 3rd line in Boston. Reilly Smith replaced Marchand on Bergeron's left with Loui Eriksson. Marchand and Bergeron have been line mates for a while. Lucic and Krejci have been the other constant forward tandem. They play with Iginla. Boston has rotated the right wingers on their top 2 lines over the years with Horton,Ryder and then Seguin when Ryder left as a free agent. Now its Eriksson and Iginla. Chiarelli traded Seguin for Eriksson and Smith. Marchand is playing with Kelly and Soderberg. Their other constant is Paille-Campbell-Thornton. The majority of those players have been together for a while and they're all good players.

Del Zotto?

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Is Brad Marchand available? He was dropped to the 3rd line in Boston. Reilly Smith replaced Marchand on Bergeron's left with Loui Eriksson. Marchand and Bergeron have been line mates for a while. Lucic and Krejci have been the other constant forward tandem. They play with Iginla. Boston has rotated the right wingers on their top 2 lines over the years with Horton,Ryder and then Seguin when Ryder left as a free agent. Now its Eriksson and Iginla. Chiarelli traded Seguin for Eriksson and Smith. Marchand is playing with Kelly and Soderberg. Their other constant is Paille-Campbell-Thornton. The majority of those players have been together for a while and they're all good players.

Del Zotto?

Having Marchand in the tent pissing out rather than outside the tent pissing in wouldn't be bad, but at 4,5M caphit?

Also not too eager to give up DZ. He's still only 23 years old and has talent in buckets. He's going to be a great player.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
How about adding Boyle

How about Del Zotto and Brian Boyle to Bruins for Marchand, Matt Fraser and 1st and 4th 2014??

Lol del zotto gets u Marchand? And Boyle gets you the rest? I don't think bruins need defense they're a pretty complete team

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How about adding Boyle

How about Del Zotto and Brian Boyle to Bruins for Marchand, Matt Fraser and 1st and 4th 2014??

I honestly think Marchand has more value than Del Zotto and the Rangers would need to add to make Boston interested.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would think long and hard about Del Zotto and Kreider for Marchand and something

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Rangers are not trading Kreider. They are not giving up on this kid. He was a non-negotiable in other trade talks. He certainly isn't being dealt to Boston.

I hate Marchand as an opposing player. I'd probably still have a hard time liking him if he was here, but he can play. Problem is his cap hit. Too high for this current rangers team

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What about a smaller deal if the Rangers are out of it?

Boyle for Matt Fraser

Young power forward in a similar mold to Kyle Clifford for Boyle who will be a UFA. They wouldn't have a problem re-signing him if they want to. Add's size and another PKer to their forward corps.

I'd love Fraser...

Punxrocknyc19*

What about a smaller deal if the Rangers are out of it?

Boyle for Matt Fraser

Young power forward in a similar mold to Kyle Clifford for Boyle who will be a UFA. They wouldn't have a problem re-signing him if they want to. Add's size and another PKer to their forward corps.

I'd love Fraser...

Boyle is from Mass so maybe he might want to play closer to home and might sign their anyways.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

Del Zotto?

Marchand is thanking Eriksson right now for getting him a shot at earning his top-6 position back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad