Who else has very little interest in the Four Nations tournament?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's a step above the in season tournament in the NBA but I still don't care about some made up tournament that was invented a year ago. Plus, question Russian politics all you want but Russia not being in this tournament makes this tournament and even bigger joke from a hockey perspective.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Could be great! It's best against best and the players will play for their home country. More likely for them to push and try to win. As for Russia, they should have a special draft where each of the four nations get to pick the Russian stars one by one. :laugh:

That being said, this thread is a good way to identify the people on here who are against fun. The NHL is trying to bring back international competition and we still got people bitching and whining about it before the tourney has even been played.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Could be great! It's best against best and the players will play for their home country. More likely for them to push and try to win. As for Russia, they should have a special draft where each of the four nations get to pick the Russian stars one by one. :laugh:

That being said, this thread is a good way to identify the people on here who are against fun. The NHL is trying to bring back international competition and we still got people bitching and whining about it before the tourney has even been played.
There’s no Czechia. That’s like an NBA tourney with the Lakers, Celtics, Bucks, and Sixers, but no Bulls because they haven’t won anything lately.
It’s dumb, and disrespects the Czechs.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic

Cool, but this has nothing to do with international competition, it's just NHL tournament/exhibition, featuring only 4 teams (nations). It will be probably good training for them ahead of the Olympics. At least it will be better than watching All-Star game, but that is not saying much.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I always enjoy watching Canada play, so I’ll be watching.

It’s a shame that there’s only 4 teams though. Swiss, Czech, Slovakia and Germany should absolutely be in this. Russia would be nice but if Sweden and Finland are gone because of them then it’s not worth it.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I will watch cause there will be no NHL games on but I'd prefer they don't have it at all. Same with the Olympics- I don't understand why so many people go bananas over Olympic hockey. I don't want the NHL regular season shut down for anything. Now if they could do something in the offseason, I'd be all in favor of that.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
It's still way better than the all stars game, even if it was just 2 team battle of north america. I think the reason for 4 teams is the lack of nhl players from other countries. I don't know if it's a contractual issue or just in princible. Switzerland Germany, Slovakia etc have less than 10 nhl players. With Czech you might get a team, but do they have enough D men?

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017

The NHL and its BOG have deprived us of 2 Olympics and at least one octennial joke Canada/World Cup. Forgive us if we refuse this moldy ass cookie they’re handing out. :ha:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad