Who else has very little interest in the Four Nations tournament?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Meh. I dont usually care for international hockey(Outside of the World Juniors), but I'll be honest I'm looking forward to seeing McDavid/Mackinnon/Crosby playing together for the first time ever.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
The World Championships has audiences of entire countries in Europe.

The Olympics shuts down Canada entirely once semi and finals come. I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal doesn't even sell out for this.

This tournament deserves no attention and anything run by the corrupt nhl deserves to fail. They should stick to helping promote their product to their american customers since that's all they care for. They have no clue on how to promote the game of Ice Hockey.

Can you imagine any other sport in the world holding a tournament with 4 countries? The nhl is filled with idiots with only the interests of their american population in mind but this is just next level stupidity 🤣.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulD

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's not gonna have Kucherov which kills any excitement for me. They could've had some gimmick "rest of Europe" team with a limit of how many Russians on it to kind of dilute it and not have an actual Russian team participate. I dunno.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
On one hand.. no Czechs and f*** that.

On the other hand... I love my best on best hockey and have been dying to see McDavid, MacK and Sid together. I've been dying to see the latest version of the US as they seem to be the 'paper champs' and have amazing depth everywhere. The Finn's have a potential golden generation and those players have yet to play together so that'll be fun. Swedes are always awesome and it'll be a great team.

So I'm cheering for Finland.

And remember, if Canada wins it.. best on best and their 4th in a row to show dominance! If Canada loses, it was just a meaningless exhibition game and doesn't count. This is the way!

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Potential Czech team just needed a few drafted AHL guys attached to NHL clubs.

F - Pasta, Necas, Vrana, Chytil, Palat, Lauko, Ivan, Klapka, Kulich, Faksa, Kampf, Ivan and Zacha
D - Gudas, Hronek, Rutta, Jiricek .... Svozil, Spacek and Kral
G - Dostal, Mrazek, Vejmelka (or Vladar, Rittich, Venecek)

** not an IIHF event so Czechs could also use Xhekaj and Ludvig on D as they have Czech citizenship.

This would've been a competitive team. It wouldn't have one but it wouldn't be losing by touchdowns either. Would've gone a long way to helping the 2026 Olympic team as well.

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
I never really cared for all of the extracurricular tournaments that carry no meaning as well. Just can't get into them. I guess NHL players being barred from the Olympics spurred these types of things on.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I hope all of this "I'm not interested" translates to the ticket sales because I'll make the trip out to Boston if the US makes the finals and I might go to one of the group games for the US there too cause seeing a US hockey game live is one of the few sporting events I've wanted to do that I haven't done. Won't be traveling to Italy for 2026 so I'll take it lol

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
It's a nothing tournament in my eyes. Just makes the NHL schedule extra busy.

Russia being in or out has literally zero impact. If they were in, Finland and Sweden would opt out so you would have a three nations tournament.
But you know what I would rather see a tournament between Russia, USA and Canada which in my opinion are the top 3 hockey nation in the world.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
I'm really excited for it, and I'm surprised by most people here saying that they're not. I think all the players involved see it as a warm-up for the Olympics, and as a result, will be giving a full effort.

People have to get over the fact that Russia is not going to be playing. Hockey is largely a NATO sport, and Russia is at war with the West. Can't expect to be fighting against the West, and still expect the West to play with you in an international event.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Heard there is this tournament but didn’t even know when it was. In Canada we will watch because it’s hockey and that’s our number one sport by a very wide margin. But it’s not going to create passion of any kind.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
But you know what I would rather see a tournament between Russia, USA and Canada which in my opinion are the top 3 hockey nation in the world.
How about top 7 IIHF teams each playing a game against Russia.

If Russia loses this (as in doesn’t win 4 or more) they are eliminated for next 10 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Shark Finn

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
IDGAD about Russia not being present, but it’s missing last Worlds Gold and Silver medalists.

Just sayin’
The World Championship is not exactly the best players. Pasta was there but only because the Bruins got eliminated from the playoffs. Mostly it’s a collection of guys who aren’t NHLers.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The World Championship is not exactly the best players. Pasta was there but only because the Bruins got eliminated from the playoffs. Mostly it’s a collection of guys who aren’t NHLers.
You definitely didn't see the rosters then. Canada, US, Swiss and Sweden all sent very good rosters. Not saying Canada or US sent their best on best roster. Not saying Worlds is a legitimate tournament. But this was far from 'guys who aren't NHLer's. Eventually, after round 1, the Czechs had damn near their A team as well. 5 solid rosters this time!

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
we'll see how we all feel once the thing starts, it's basically like an appetizer to the Olympics. I suspect whichever country wins it will act like it's really important and the others will say it's irrelevant.
Well that's a given, in fact fans of the team that win who were saying it wasn't important before the tournament began will then immediately say it proves they are the cats meow.

That's how this all goes down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad