Who else has very little interest in the Four Nations tournament?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You definitely didn't see the rosters then. Canada, US, Swiss and Sweden all sent very good rosters. Not saying Canada or US sent their best on best roster. Not saying Worlds is a legitimate tournament. But this was far from 'guys who aren't NHLer's. Eventually, after round 1, the Czechs had damn near their A team as well. 5 solid rosters this time!

I see 2 players that could be on team Canada. Binnington and maybe Berard.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You definitely didn't see the rosters then. Canada, US, Swiss and Sweden all sent very good rosters. Not saying Canada or US sent their best on best roster. Not saying Worlds is a legitimate tournament. But this was far from 'guys who aren't NHLer's. Eventually, after round 1, the Czechs had damn near their A team as well. 5 solid rosters this time!

There is no real reason not to watch the 4 nations tournament if people like to watch the WHC ( and they obviously do) The talent at the 4 nations will indeed be higher so if you are a hockey fan, despite this tournaments flaws it's going to be worth watching just like the WHC with it's flaws is worth watching.

People should do with this tournament what they do with the WHC...........................enjoy it for what it is.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I just dont understand what incentive established players have to participate in this event and risk injury. There is world cup and then there are olympics every 4 years. If nhl would just stop skipping olympics, fans would be able to watch meaningful tournaments and there would be no need for this money grabbing schemes. This tourney is merely a foot note on wikipedia page.

redwings86

I understood english and hockey
Apr 15, 2024
Sweden
The Olympics are old interest from before and the World Cup is rarely Finnish games at Swedish TV.

So the Olympics and World Championship my interest.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
There is no real reason not to watch the 4 nations tournament if people like to watch the WHC ( and they obviously do) The talent at the 4 nations will indeed be higher so if you are a hockey fan, despite this tournaments flaws it's going to be worth watching just like the WHC with it's flaws is worth watching.

People should do with this tournament what they do with the WHC...........................enjoy it for what it is.
I definitely want to see a pp with Mack, Crosby, McD and Makar. I would add Marchand to it just for the connections.

Reactions: PaulD and jj cale

redwings86

I understood english and hockey
Apr 15, 2024
Sweden
Maybe Canada's coach will keep McDavid, Mackinnon and few other stars off so that these don't get injured in this tournament but Binnington, Kyrou, Bedard, Crosby, Makar etc participating?

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
It’s in what, February?

I don’t really sit around thinking about the Olympics four months ahead of time either, but I’ll still be excited when it happens.

Reactions: PaulD

Mick Riddleton

May these gates never be closed
Apr 24, 2017
International hockey has lost its awe a long time ago. Everyone basically plays the same style. Back in the 70s and 80s it was different. Russia cannot be a good citizen in the world with its genocidal invasion, why should they be allowed to play a game. Stanley Cup is the only championship played by all nationalities as the top prize, leave it at that. Too much hockey is being played during the year as it stands.

Reactions: Cas and PaulD

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's interesting as a warmup for the Olympics but I don't think anyone will take it all that serious.
For some players it'll be an exhibition on whether they'll play in the Olympics or not, so they'll probably take it seriously.

Otherwise, meh, I am not going to celebrate my country possibly winning a "4 nations faceoff" gold medal.

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Just the fact teams are banned makes this go against the core value of what I think sports is all about. Sports are for EVERYONE and are supposed to be above international politics and war.

• Haha
Reactions: Bocephus86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad