Who else has very little interest in the Four Nations tournament?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's a step above the in season tournament in the NBA but I still don't care about some made up tournament that was invented a year ago. Plus, question Russian politics all you want but Russia not being in this tournament makes this tournament and even bigger joke from a hockey perspective.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Could be great! It's best against best and the players will play for their home country. More likely for them to push and try to win. As for Russia, they should have a special draft where each of the four nations get to pick the Russian stars one by one. :laugh:

That being said, this thread is a good way to identify the people on here who are against fun. The NHL is trying to bring back international competition and we still got people bitching and whining about it before the tourney has even been played.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I don't like the idea of Russia not playing in it as it takes away what could be such great hockey, and it penalizes a lot of players that have nothing to do with anything going on in the world. Too many great players in the NHL on Russia not being able to showcase their talent or play for their country either in the 4 Nations in 2025 or possibly even the Olympics. Not good. So that alone makes it less competitive for me and I for one have never liked boycotting and not allowing a country to compete in things like this.
If every Russian NHL player publicly and in unison said that they don't accept the pointless war, it would create some pressure on the regime to end it and they would get to play in a near future. But since they're not even able to do that they can miss all the fun for all I care. Yeah, the Four Nations and the Olympics won't be as competitive as it could be, but such is life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad