Friedman: Bennett and Panthers open contract talks

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Friedman “cautions” they’re not currently close, but I’m getting a Benny jersey if this works out.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
It’s going to be underwhelming if Zito locks all these guys in for 6+ years with NTCs and we only walk away with the one cup.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Lundell can take over his role easily. He makes no sense to re-sign.
I tend to agree with you on things, but they’re two different players. Bennett is very physical, he and Tkachuk have great chemistry, and both mix it up well together. Lundell is skilled and has 2C potential and will get there, but we’re seeing no with Barkov out for a few weeks how important it is to have an elite center group. If Bennett wants to stay as well, F yeah stay.

Reactions: hn777

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I tend to agree with you on things, but they’re two different players. Bennett is very physical, he and Tkachuk have great chemistry, and both mix it up well together. Lundell is skilled and has 2C potential and will get there, but we’re seeing no with Barkov out for a few weeks how important it is to have an elite center group. If Bennett wants to stay as well, F yeah stay.

Signing Bennett is how the Cats shut their window shut. They have the pieces to absorb his loss. Him and Ekblad need to go once their contracts expire.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Lundell can take over his role easily. He makes no sense to re-sign.

Lundell isn't even the same kind of player. As an outsider looking in, Bennett has value much more than his pts. That said, I don't know if he should get more than a 6X6, as I don't think he is going to age well as most physical guys don't.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Lundell isn't even the same kind of player. As an outsider looking in, Bennett has value much more than his pts. That said, I don't know if he should get more than a 6X6, as I don't think he is going to age well as most physical guys don't.
The future is now for Florida. It doesn't matter if Bennett is on his deathbed by the end of the contract as long as the AAV is reasonable.

Reactions: Laus723 and MaWa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad