Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
The more I read & watch, the more i'm convinced Byfield is the play, not to say their is anything wrong with Stutzle, I think he'll be a fine player. I just can't pass on that combination of size/speed/skill at center, even if it takes longer to get to the finished product.

He's probably the most agile skating big man I've ever seen. Plus being able to handle the puck the way he does with that kind of reach is a huge advantage.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Kings Rule

Apr 6, 2008
There are a couple other German prospects as well: John-Jason Peterka and Lukas Reichel. They are projected to go late first.

Reichel, most notably, plays for AEG-owned Eisbaren Berlin (Berlin Ice Bears). He also scored on pace with Stutzle at the WJC. So I'm sure they've had a lot of looks at him.
A better translation of Eisbaren is polar bears.

Reactions: King'sPawn

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I wouldn’t have any problem with the top five teams winning it, although I think my ranking would be a little different.

1. Florida
2. Columbus
3. Minnesota
4. Arizona
5. Winnipeg
No: Montreal
No: New York
No: Chicago

I would like to see these teams to win 1OA in this order...

1) Winnipeg [needs a Center/trade partner]
2) Minnesota [needs a Center/trade partner]
3) Florida [NHL dead zone]
4) Columbus [lots of talent]

The rest can go screw themselves!

I'm on the Stutzle bandwagon but am ok with Byfield. Dont think they can go wrong with these two. Just prefer the more skilled creative guy. I've always wanted LA to pick up a Patrick Kane lite guy.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Montreal would go nuts. He'd instantly become the best player drafted since Mario. Maybe even better than Lemieux.

giphy.gif

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I wouldn’t have any problem with the top five teams winning it, although I think my ranking would be a little different.

1. Florida
2. Columbus
3. Minnesota
4. Arizona
5. Winnipeg
No: Montreal
No: New York
No: Chicago
I'm thinking Butt-Crack has Lafreniere going to one of two ailing franchises...Florida or Arizona. Want to see Lafreniere in Montreal where he should be allowed to Star and Shine and bring back the French-Canadiens hope,promise and Stanley Cup their 25th if it happens

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The concern with Byfield is he gets most of his points on odd man rushes. Hopefully the Kings have seen him enough to know if he’s good on the cycle as well. I still like Drysdale but I’ve only watched a few videos.
I saw that video also, but I see that as a positive. It shows he can execute and finish when opportunity presents itself. How often do we see odd man rushes break down?

He dominated the Sudbury scoring and the guys #2 and #4 were undrafted overagers and the guy 3rd in scoring was a 6th round pick in year 3. The talent around him was limited, and they were not a good possession team. In fact they were not a great side at all and yet he carried them to the divisional lead, but overall they had I think 9 teams ahead of them with better records. The guy is clutch and dominant.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
LA hit the jackpot landing the #2 pick. Byfield is the real deal. What people don't realize is how hard of a worker he is wanting to be the best. He's only gonna keep getting better and better as he gets stronger and faster from training like a beast. LA is gonna be one scary team again in a few years with Byfield and their upcoming stacked prospect pool. Congrats

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
LA could make a quick return to dominance. If a few of their prospects come as billed, and doughty can regain his form as rhe best dman in the league over the past 6 or 7 years theyll be right back at the top.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Sens fan here.

In the eventuality that you guys really want Drysdale/Sanderson (no real idea how "true" that is but it has been reported) and would be ok to trade down if you were certain to get your man at 5:

What would you like to trade down from 2 to 5? Would the 5th pick + our 4 2nd round picks be interesting? Maybe 5th pick + Brannstrom + a 2nd?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Sens fan here.

In the eventuality that you guys really want Drysdale/Sanderson (no real idea how "true" that is but it has been reported) and would be ok to trade down if you were certain to get your man at 5:

What would you like to trade down from 2 to 5? Would the 5th pick + our 4 2nd round picks be interesting? Maybe 5th pick + Brannstrom + a 2nd?

I don't this think this happens

Reactions: andys

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Sens fan here.

It "was" probably true. At the 4-7 spot we would have Drysdale possibly Sanderson in that tier. But we are picking 2nd overall and it's a tier above. We are going to go with BPA and it's eithier Byfield or Stutzle. Both are needs. I mean how do u matchup against Byfield -Vilardi - Kopitar up the middle in 3 years or Stutzle feeding Kaliyev.

Both these players will make us so much more dangerous up front. We have 10 more picks this draft to get D-men and Wingers. No reason to drop back from number 2.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
It definitely is unlikely but I think Dorion will try.

The real question is can Dorion make an offer that will make you guys consider it ;)

I really don’t believe so, unless the Kings see very little difference between either player and Ottawa really does. If the Kings were to want someone other than QB or TS they’d be better off trading with Detroit who is in a position of weakness being outside the 1/2-3 tier.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I really don’t believe so, unless the Kings see very little difference between either player and Ottawa really does. If the Kings were to want someone other than QB or TS they’d be better off trading with Detroit who is in a position of weakness being outside the 1/2-3 tier.

Agreed that in terms of moving down, Detroit is a better trading partner.

I just think we have much more to offer in a trade than Yzerman does.

Obviously Detroit being at 4 certainly makes it very difficult to be sure that, if you did move back to 5, you'd get your man.

Staying at 2 makes a lot of sense but hey, the Sens are in rough shape so I gotta ask :P

Reactions: psych3man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad