• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
oh-my-god-you-dont-even-know

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I would take Byfield too - just analyzing from Kings perspective.

How great would it be in a Laker-Clipper town that two of the Kings top players in a few years are African American players - Thomas and Byfield. That would really help the game grow and bring in new fans.

Thomas and Byfield are both Canadian but I get your point.

Reactions: Docgonzo

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
I feel like Byfield is the best player available unless the undetermined team with 1OA takes Byfield then Lafreniere is the pick. I think as an organization the Kings are past the point of having to rush prospects so I don't see them picking Stutzle based on the fact that he can play in the AHL next year unless their draft guru's feel he is the best player available. When a redraft gets done 10 years from now I feel like Byfield with his combination of size and skill will be at the top of everyone's redraft lists.

If they really want a defensive prospect there will still be plenty available with high upside when they are selecting their three second-round picks. If a defenseman they really covet is falling they could package some picks and move up as they did with Fagemo. The 2021 Draft will have a lot of high-end defensive prospects if they don't fill that hole this year. They are probably two years out from contending either way.

The future looks bright......

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Watching that video a few things stand out

- kids has way better vision than I thought
and soft passing hands

- the kid has a great shot - pounded a few from the blue line.

- he goes to the net hard. Imagine that with another 20 pounds of muscle

- he was always in the forecheck. His wingspan is incredible, takes away a ton of ice. just think he may be 3 inches taller than Kopi when all is done.

- his size also opens up room for a smaller player. Think Madden in his line. They would be nuts.

He was narrowly my number two but now he is my for sure 2. I want nothing to do with a Drysdale with pick 2. Still love the player but we got a gift at 2. Let’s grab that massive pivot that can do a bit of everything. Plus learning from A mentor like Kopitar is something very few teams could offer.

He's also a big player who actually uses his size. Not another big player playing a small game. From the tape, he is hard to knock off of the puck. Kings definitely need a player like him with most of their upcoming forwards being somewhat diminutive.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Byfield is the logical long term choice, but I do love what I have seen from Stutzle, he’s a strong candidate at #2 in his own right. I also really like that he can be dropped into the AHL sooner and more effectively work with this organizations training and coaching staff, and come up alongside guys like Turcotte and Madden.
If the Kings take Stuetzle and I hope it doesn't happen the AHL for a 18 year old will be a helluva challenge that will probably eat him up. The better route would be CHL(Seattle Thunderbirds) who own his rights for at least a year then the AHL destination,otherwise not a wise move in my books

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Byfield is the logical long term choice, but I do love what I have seen from Stutzle, he’s a strong candidate at #2 in his own right. I also really like that he can be dropped into the AHL sooner and more effectively work with this organizations training and coaching staff, and come up alongside guys like Turcotte and Madden.
Please no Strudel(Stutzle)! Kings need a Byfield,like they needed and wanted a certain Slovenian in 2005 with the 11th selection! After Byfield the Kings need some swings for the fences for snipers and I don't care if they're 5'6"...Chromiak,Tullio,Foester...maybe Bordeleau...I envision Turcotte playing with him...2 USNTDP and French Canadiens blood piercing through many generations! And if by chance Holtz slips out of the top 10,the Kings need to make a play. Doubt the Kings draft any Russians after having been stung and left with nothing

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I feel like Byfield is the best player available unless the undetermined team with 1OA takes Byfield then Lafreniere is the pick. I think as an organization the Kings are past the point of having to rush prospects so I don't see them picking Stutzle based on the fact that he can play in the AHL next year unless their draft guru's feel he is the best player available. When a redraft gets done 10 years from now I feel like Byfield with his combination of size and skill will be at the top of everyone's redraft lists.

If they really want a defensive prospect there will still be plenty available with high upside when they are selecting their three second-round picks. If a defenseman they really covet is falling they could package some picks and move up as they did with Fagemo. The 2021 Draft will have a lot of high-end defensive prospects if they don't fill that hole this year. They are probably two years out from contending either way.

The future looks bright......
I'm hoping,praying and wishing for Montreal Canadiens to get the 1st overall pick. This would help re-ignite French Canadiens pride and hopefully more are born of the old time Flying French-Men for the NHL. There were so many Star players of French Canadiens ilk when I was a kid and practically every team had 1 or 2 or 3. Montreal had like 12-14!Good Luck Montreal in getting Alexis Lafreniere! May the Force be with you Montreal!

Reactions: Gains

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Listening to Yanetti last night and two things stood out to me:

1) He said the biggest mistake he's ever done/the Kings scouting team has ever done is that they drafted for NEED instead of BPA. He said he'll never make that mistake again. So for those asking about our needs/saying we'll go BPA, I think the answer is pretty simple. The Kings will take whoever they feel is the best available prospect, regardless of his position.

2) I mentioned it earlier but Yanetti eluded to their heavy presence in Germany. I'm not saying I'd rather Stutzle over Byfield; as a matter of fact, I hope we go Byfield... BUT, I would definitely not be surprised if we go with Stutzle. All of the signs point to Stutzle right now, there are way too many links.

We'll see what happens.

There are a couple other German prospects as well: John-Jason Peterka and Lukas Reichel. They are projected to go late first.

Reichel, most notably, plays for AEG-owned Eisbaren Berlin (Berlin Ice Bears). He also scored on pace with Stutzle at the WJC. So I'm sure they've had a lot of looks at him.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Please no Strudel(Stutzle)! Kings need a Byfield,like they needed and wanted a certain Slovenian in 2005 with the 11th selection! After Byfield the Kings need some swings for the fences for snipers and I don't care if they're 5'6"...Chromiak,Tullio,Foester...maybe Bordeleau...I envision Turcotte playing with him...2 USNTDP and French Canadiens blood piercing through many generations! And if by chance Holtz slips out of the top 10,the Kings need to make a play. Doubt the Kings draft any Russians after having been stung and left with nothing
tumblr_nvtq57OKkd1ryaquwo2_250.gifv

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Out of these teams I would prefer:

1. Florida
2. Winnipeg
3. Columbus
4. Minnesota
5. Arizona
6. Chicago
7. Montreal
8. NYR

I wouldn’t have any problem with the top five teams winning it, although I think my ranking would be a little different.

1. Florida
2. Columbus
3. Minnesota
4. Arizona
5. Winnipeg
No: Montreal
No: New York
No: Chicago

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
The more I read & watch, the more i'm convinced Byfield is the play, not to say their is anything wrong with Stutzle, I think he'll be a fine player. I just can't pass on that combination of size/speed/skill at center, even if it takes longer to get to the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad