Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
my mindset has always been that professional teams need to be militant in their approach.

There's a reason for that.... because it works. Within reason obviously.... We do not want to put Panarin in a box in the dark and have him sit in there for a week.
If only we had a player who was raised by one of the highest ranking KGB military intelligence agents, so infamous that he's banned from the USA :sarcasm:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
my mindset has always been that professional teams need to be militant in their approach.

There's a reason for that.... because it works. Within reason obviously.... We do not want to put Panarin in a trunk in a dark room and have him sit in there for a week to test his mental strength.

At a minimum (I may have posted about it once or twice) I have had the very real idea of, not a behind the bench coach, but a mindset and conditioning coach being brought in who has a special operations background. The civilian world doesn’t fully grasp how the relationship between physically pushing boundaries and mentally pushing boundaries is married in those career fields and how that can be taught (perhaps to a lesser extent to non military personnel) but for a team with pockets as deep as NYR, what is the worst thing that could happen by having a former Green Beret or Army Ranger (eh, eh?) workout with and practice mental resiliency and mindset meetings with the team 3x a week?

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
If only we had a player who was raised by one of the highest ranking KGB military intelligence agents, so infamous that he's banned from the USA :sarcasm:

Yeah, but we have me sitting here speaking English and not being an entitled whiny baby brat who is simply the son of an accomplished military professional :laugh:

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Man if only we had an NHL coach on that list who has taken multiple organizations to conference finals and had breakout seasons for multiple players all within the past year…wonder why Gerard Gallant is not on that list…ohhh right…

JOKE OF A FRANCHISE!!!

Gallant is a type of coach that has a very short shelf life on any team. because ultimately you need to have a system to win a Cup, not just shuffle line combos and hope they click.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I mean if there's one position in hockey aside from the medical staff that fans truly have less knowledge about than coaches, I don't know it. It's obvious by the Jack Adams which in my lifetime is just the "Most Improved Team Award" or better, "the media's preseason bracket breaker."

With that said, from that list, I'd go with Babcock. He managed to get a lot out of those aging Red Wings teams, and I think he managed to get a lot more out of less than his successor in Toronto. Plus he's actually a smart guy, so there's a chance he's learned from his past mistakes.

Quennville has the better resume no doubt, but after so many other humilations, I really don't want the Rangers to give me another huge reason to resent my own fandom.

Last edited:

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
several more good options are Paul MacLean (currently Leafs assistant) and Bob Hartley who won with Drury and won Championships on 5 different levels NHL, Swiss-A, AHL, KHL, and QMJHL.
I like the MacLean shout-out. I was going to come here to throw his name out there. Not that I necessarily have a preference for anyone in particular... the year he won the Jack Adam's that Ottawa team was a bunch of AHLers. If people are worried about a country club atmosphere he should probably be on people's lists. Old school sort of guy, I'm just curious whether or not he'd be able to adapt to how the game has changed

Reactions: LokiDog

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
At a minimum (I may have posted about it once or twice) I have had the very real idea of, not a behind the bench coach, but a mindset and conditioning coach being brought in who has a special operations background. The civilian world doesn’t fully grasp how the relationship between physically pushing boundaries and mentally pushing boundaries is married in those career fields and how that can be taught (perhaps to a lesser extent to non military personnel) but for a team with pockets as deep as NYR, what is the worst thing that could happen by having a former Green Beret or Army Ranger (eh, eh?) workout with and practice mental resiliency and mindset meetings with the team 3x a week?
WHO'S GONNA CARRY THE BOATS!?

but you would think, with the cap, we'd use our excess resources in ways to get ahead. Whether it's mental, physical, spiritual... it doesn't matter. Every aspect should be dialed in.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
@RangerBoy had a really great list of some non-retreads. Looking at Ryan Warsovsky's resume he's an especially intriguing name. Wonder what his deal is.

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
Other: @duhmetreE

Monday: Xs and Os
Tuesday: Defensive systems
Wednesday: Offensive systems
Thursday: Shooting
Friday: Skating
Saturday: Xs and Os
Sunday: Off (only because legally mandated)

That Monday and Saturday is questionable. Thought Coach Duhmetre's plan is to break bro-mances. Then why is there so much time alloted to kissing and hugging?!

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
20230506_213921.jpg

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I can't see Drury going after an unknown
I doubt drurys unfamiliar with him. He's a recent add to Quinn's (and Grier by extension) staff in San Jose, has his roots in new England and is on the US National team coaching staff as well.

Idk, maybe they just go for the big names but you have to admit the big names are pretty 'meh' with much more failure attached to them over the last 5-6 years than success.

Reactions: will1066

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
WHO'S GONNA CARRY THE BOATS!?

but you would think, with the cap, we'd use our excess resources in ways to get ahead. Whether it's mental, physical, spiritual... it doesn't matter. Every aspect should be dialed in.
That’s essentially what I’m saying. Okay, there’s a cap, we can only spend what we can spend when it comes to salaries. But these guys could go through like team building resiliency boot camp style training for a week together every offseason. They could have a mindset coach. They can hire whatever staff they want - if your pockets are as deep as ours, what is there to lose? Oh, we hired some former Navy SEAL as mindset coach for $150k and we’re not sure it was a great investment - cool, you buy you 10M of salary like I buy ketchup to keep in my fridge. Let’s try it. Be AHEAD of the industry trends instead of in step with the status quo.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Good on Drury for saying absolutely not to Q, who can go f*** himself. Still think Drury will try and get Trotz to leave Nashville.

Or Greg Moore from the Marlies.

Reactions: 007

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Claude Julien. He won a Cup in Boston in 2011 and lost in the finals in 2013.

These players would cry playing for this coach. Defense first. Demanding.

I would not mind him at all.

Good on Drury for saying absolutely not to Q, who can go f*** himself. Still think Drury will try and get Trotz to leave Nashville.

Or Greg Moore from the Marlies.

Was that the same Greg Moore dealt for Blair Betts that was not even an NHL player? Yea these vets players will believe in him 😂

• Haha
Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Some Islanders fan on the main board heard Doug Weight as a possibility
Along this line of thinking, if Adam Oates didn't hate this organization's guts, I think he'd be a great choice.

Would love Dale Hunter too. He likes his OHL gig too much to leave it, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad