Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
What about promoting Ortmeyer? He’s already on the organization and has respect about management. You think a team under ortmeyer wouldn’t go all out and play hard?
I think the only prerequisite for the next coach is that he or she has coached somewhere. Kind of rules out Ortmeyer.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Q was the head of a leadership core that prioritized winning over addressing sexual assault. I'm sorry but winning a championship is not more important than standing by values as basic as "sexual assaults' are not tolerable"
I frankly couldnt care less. The man wins and the guy was fired and taken care of. The fact it was a week or so later really doesnt matter to me, not like it was Q’s call to make the firing anyway.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
They should find out who the biggest hockey fan among former special operations military guys is, who played the highest level hockey and not just a biased “die hard” and go completely off the board and obliterate the old boys club. Imagine a 45 year old retired Navy SEAL who played at a D1 level? Let’s go. :sarcasm::laugh:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
They should find out who the biggest hockey fan among former special operations military guys is, who played the highest level hockey and not just a biased “die hard” and go completely off the board and obliterate the old boys club. Imagine a 45 year old retired Navy SEAL who played at a D1 level? Let’s go. :sarcasm::laugh:
Pick me as your assistant, add some youthful exuberance. I’d have them on a Pizza Hut diet and be the first coach to implement ‘Kravtsov Theory’.

• Haha
Reactions: Kravtsov420

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Does it really matter? We went from Quinn to Gallant with most of the same roster. How can Rangers management think that the players is not part of the issue here. Here’s a NMC for you if over 28 and make millions. Please try to show up in the playoffs and if you cant it will just fall not he coach. You are safe here with NMC. Don’t make me regret it. Rangers message to their players.

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
several more good options are Paul MacLean (currently Leafs assistant) and Bob Hartley who won with Drury and won Championships on 5 different levels NHL, Swiss-A, AHL, KHL, and QMJHL.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
several more good options are Paul MacLean (currently Leafs assistant) and Bob Hartley who won with Drury and won Championships on 5 different levels NHL, Swiss-A, AHL, KHL, and QMJHL.
Would love to have Paul here, his son is an assistant with the Marlies as well, 2 for one deal.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Man if only we had an NHL coach on that list who has taken multiple organizations to conference finals and had breakout seasons for multiple players all within the past year…wonder why Gerard Gallant is not on that list…ohhh right…

JOKE OF A FRANCHISE!!!

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
so this was all going on while i was bashing my head onto the table trying to pick wining horses in kentucky all day?

drury is turning out to being the nhl version of a late 70's early 80's version of george steinbrenner.

Priorae

Apr 21, 2017
New Jersey
I’d pick someone who leads winning teams consistently and has gotten their team to the Stanley Cup finals. A proven pedigree as it were.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
my mindset has always been that professional teams need to be militant in their approach.

There's a reason for that.... because it works. Within reason obviously.... We do not want to put Panarin in a trunk in a dark room and have him sit in there for a week to test his mental strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad