Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
ok.

If you're right, I'll give you props.

IF you're wrong, I'll make you watch every game with Jovo next season.
Ha.

I'm not saying that he's definitely getting the job, but you now have two reporters today who have brought him up finally.

I have been trying to drop hints around here for a while at Babcock is going to coaching the NHL again by some point, doesn't mean that he's absolutely getting The NYR job, but I'm trying to get the hint around to you that the two are connected and NYR is not the only possibility. Babcock types are not as readily available as they once were and people can decide for themselves if that's good or bad, but for as much as people want to crap all over him he was in Toronto when those kids came up and established themselves as stars. And we've heard for years about various issues that marner has with the mental side of the game, Babcock got killed for that whole thing with marner but I often have wondered what else there was to that whole situation and story that never was made public at the time. Watching that team over the years I think people can try to connect some dots on that on their own.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Hire whomever says during the interview that he will play Panarin at RW going forward

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Elliotte Friedman on the Rangers search

Chris Drury believes NHL coaching experience is high on the Rangers list.

NHL coaching experience or NHL head coaching experience?

Knoblauch has NHL head coaching experience with the Rangers. I will feel so much vindication if they actually hire him after all the wild Patrick Roy, Quenneville, Babcock speculation.

It's not lost on me that the Canadian media was pumping Q so hard and hes not even on the NYR interview list lol. I dont think they know shit, their sources are from outside the Rangers. Even with the Kane stuff, Friedman, Seravalli, etc. all were pushing that all year until Drury deliberately chose Tarasenko instead (wich was reported by the NY media). I know Kane ended up here anyway but only after he forced everyone's hand (im sure Dolan was pushing for it as well). Playing shorthanded for a week and a half before the trade deadline was clearly not the plan they laid out.

Long story short, the big NHL media types always connect the big names to NY for clicks, its never any concrete info.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Panarin would need lane keep assist at RW. That shit would beep nonstop
As long as he's allowed to just stay between the boards and the dots he'll be fine wherever he is told to go. Just as long as nobody tells him that he has to actually go to the slot area worried to any kind of traffic. At this point I actually doubt panarin drives a car, too much traffic for his style

Last edited:

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Knoblauch has NHL head coaching experience with the Rangers. I will feel so much vindication if they actually hire him after all the wild Patrick Roy, Quenneville, Babcock speculation.

It's not lost on me that the Canadian media was pumping Q so hard and hes not even on the NYR interview list lol. I dont think they know shit, their sources are from outside the Rangers. Even with the Kane stuff, Friedman, Seravalli, etc. all were pushing that all year until Drury deliberately chose Tarasenko instead (wich was reported by the NY media). I know Kane ended up here anyway but only after he forced everyone's hand (im sure Dolan was pushing for it as well). Playing shorthanded for a week and a half before the trade deadline was clearly not the plan they laid out.

Long story short, the big NHL media types always connect the big names to NY for clicks, its never any concrete info.
Food for thought, you think that it's at all possible that NYR was interested in talking to q but when they talk to the league about it the week told them no or strongly advise to them don't do this so that we don't put this back in the spotlight right now? And the easiest way to move on from that was just to have Glen reach out to his buddy Larry and give him that little bit of news that NYR was suddenly not interested in q? Think any of that makes sense? Or do you think that the insanity proposal that Brooks put out there the other day to get Sullivan here makes more sense? Just wondering out loud...

Do people really think that q would be out of a job this long if the league actually wanted to let him back in but this point? Is it a coincidence that there's a lot of people that know him are now using their media platforms to advocate for him and suggest that the punishment that he has had to deal with is the honest scope of what most people in society would have to deal with for a punishment? I literally heard that case been made publicly like multiple people over the last two weeks. I personally think everybody tied to Chicago that had even a whiff of knowledge of what was going on that was in any sort of capacity act on that information or at the very least reported to their superior should never work in the league again, but there appear to be plenty of people that are trying to garner some sympathy for good old q

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Food for thought, you think that it's at all possible that NYR was interested in talking to q but when they talk to the league about it the week told them no or strongly advise to them don't do this so that we don't put this back in the spotlight right now? And the easiest way to move on from that was just to have Glen reach out to his buddy Larry and give him that little bit of news that NYR was suddenly not interested in q? Think any of that makes sense? Or do you think that the insanity proposal that Brooks put out there the other day to get Sullivan here makes more sense? Just wondering out loud...

Do people really think that q would be out of a job this long if the league actually wanted to let him back in but this point? Is it a coincidence that there's a lot of people that know him are now using their media platforms to advocate for him and suggest that the punishment that he has had to deal with is the honest scope of what most people in society would have to deal with for a punishment? I literally heard that case been made publicly like multiple people over the last two weeks. I personally think everybody tied to Chicago that had even a whiff of knowledge of what was going on that was in any sort of capacity act on that information or at the very least reported to their superior should never work in the league again, but there appear to be plenty of people that are trying to garner some sympathy for good old q

Q would've been a Sather/Dolan coaching hire. I think Drury wants to hire someone who he has a relationship with, which is why they'd jump at Sullivan if he became available.

We will know for sure who is pulling the strings in the organization based on who the coach ends up being. I think the "win now" and big name coach candidate noise is just noise personally but until they hire someone Im operating off the idea that it will be Knoblauch with a veteran assistant.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

They don’t know much. Knoblauch was also an assistant coach for the Flyers. He had an excellent career coaching in the CHL. Interim Rangers head coach. His AHL coaching career has been OK. His personnel hasn’t been great. The Rangers are afraid to give a young guy an opportunity. In 2000, Torts was named interim coach when the Rangers fired Smith and Muckler. The Rangers should have kept him because he had a good track record prior to joining the Rangers. Sather wanted his own guy. Ron Low. 8-9 years later, Sather hired Torts.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Elliotte Friedman on the Rangers search

Chris Drury believes NHL coaching experience is high on the Rangers list.

NHL coaching experience or NHL head coaching experience?

Right so basically that removes only Messier from the short list.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Q would've been a Sather/Dolan coaching hire. I think Drury wants to hire someone who he has a relationship with, which is why they'd jump at Sullivan if he became available.

We will know for sure who is pulling the strings in the organization based on who the coach ends up being. I think the "win now" and big name coach candidate noise is just noise personally but until they hire someone Im operating off the idea that it will be Knoblauch with a veteran assistant.
If it was as simple as just promoting the AHL coach I think it would have already happened. If that's your guy then you don't need to go do a search. There's absolutely no way that you can look at this roster and not think that it's going to be a win now guy. Last summer was all about winning now after the run to the Eastern conference finals. You literally had a head coach here that said his job was not to develop players it was to win games, he didn't say that if that's not what he was instructed to do, nor would they have gone out and signed Vinny box themselves in with this group. This is a win now team why they're people like to acknowledge that or not. The whole patience to rebuild went out the window as soon as Dolan fired JD and Jeff.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Same thing with Sullivan. The Rangers had the guy in their organization. He was let go with Torts in 2013. Ten years later, the Rangers covet Sullivan for the head coaching position. They have the people in their organization and they let them go. These people go somewhere else and they have success. The Rangers want them. It would have been hard to give Sullivan the head coaching job in 2013 because he was connected to Torts. It’s two separate people.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
If it was as simple as just promoting the AHL coach I think it would have already happened. If that's your guy then you don't need to go do a search. There's absolutely no way that you can look at this roster and not think that it's going to be a win now guy. Last summer was all about winning now after the run to the Eastern conference finals. You literally had a head coach here that said his job was not to develop players it was to win games, he didn't say that if that's not what he was instructed to do, nor would they have gone out and signed Vinny box themselves in with this group. This is a win now team why they're people like to acknowledge that or not. The whole patience to rebuild went out the window as soon as Dolan fired JD and Jeff.
The Rangers still have young players who need a hands on approach. The Rangers will need those young players to become legit NHL players. It’s the organization’s job to develop and teach the players. They have to take responsibility as to why the young players have struggled to become legit NHL players.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Knoblauch is still coaching HFD and I'm sure Drury wants to at least do his due diligence on other candidates. There's no rush to hire someone right this second. I also dont believe the bolded to be the case. Every NYR beat writer has said Gallant and Drury not being on the same page contributed to his firing and it almost happened back in December when Gallant was blaming everyone but himself for the team's bad start. The team took it upon themselves to turn things around (Trouba helmet toss, Igor is a God, etc.). It just seems like they wasted the turning point of the season early because Gallant literally did not change a thing all year and once again blamed everyone else at the end. He'd probably still be here if he had a shred of the accountability his players (minus Panarin lol) do.

Committing to the youth also doesnt mean re-committing to a rebuild either. The whole team has plenty of playoff experience already and unless we trade Igor and Fox we will be back in it next year. We lost a series in 7 games, the team isnt starting from zero.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Knoblauch is still coaching HFD and I'm sure Drury wants to at least do his due diligence on other candidates. There's no rush to hire someone right this second. I also dont believe the bolded to be the case. Every NYR beat writer has said Gallant and Drury not being on the same page contributed to his firing and it almost happened back in December when Gallant was blaming everyone but himself for the team's bad start. The team took it upon themselves to turn things around (Trouba helmet toss, Igor is a God, etc.). It just seems like they wasted the turning point of the season early because Gallant literally did not change a thing all year and once again blamed everyone else at the end. He'd probably still be here if he had a shred of the accountability his players (minus Panarin lol) do.

Committing to the youth also doesnt mean re-committing to a rebuild either. The whole team has plenty of playoff experience already and unless we trade Igor and Fox we will be back in it next year. We lost a series in 7 games, the team isnt starting from zero.
I'll let you hang on to the things that you are convinced about.

I would have been fine with that higher in season, but based on what's happening around this team and the fact they just fired a coach that just had to 100 points seasons It's safe to say that the GM is probably not going to be gambling his job on hiring the team's AHL coach, or at least that's not his first choice. Doesn't mean that he won't get the job, but I can all but assure you that's not choice

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The Rangers still have young players who need a hands on approach. The Rangers will need those young players to become legit NHL players. It’s the organization’s job to develop and teach the players. They have to take responsibility as to why the young players have struggled to become legit NHL players.

No RB you don't understand, Lafreniere sucks and will never amount to anything. Or so I've been told.

Reactions: mas0764

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
That's probably an accurate assessment of how Rangers mgmt/ownership see it.

Unfortunately that's not an accurate assessment of the team imo ... we are good but not great. We don't do well 5-on-5. Our top forward seems to have lost a step.

So likely the "win-now" coach won't win, and we'll be back here in a few years, and the underlying organizational issues won't have been addressed, and ... yeah it's gonna be fun.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Well no he's still coaching right now.

Even if they've decided on that (and they haven't) they would wait until the team is done playing. No need to create a distraction.

Reactions: DanishRanger

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I have no idea what that reply has to do with what I said. I posted enough stuff lately about things that I know that are happening. Aside from that, the team just fired a coach that hit 100 points in each of his two seasons here who is also a coach that openly stated his job was not to develop players and that it was to win games. He didn't make that statement because he thought that's what was okay, that statement was a direct relay of what the organization had told him. You don't look at this roster that's top heavy on veterans with massive contracts and say hey our priority here is to develop the kids. No, that stuff went out the window when they fired JD and Jeff and drury stepped in literally stating that the job was to win games and start getting into the playoffs and make playoff runs. We can all disagree with that and agree that the organization has not done the best job in supporting some of their prospects here, but that doesn't change what's actually happening if you organization. And for all of the shit the organization takes not being able to development prospects they certainly don't have any problems developing defense and they haven't for quite a while, they're an absolute debacle when it comes to developing forwards, we can all agree on that

Well no he's still coaching right now.

Even if they've decided on that (and they haven't) they would wait until the team is done playing. No need to create a distraction.
If that was the case then they wouldn't be contacting other candidates...

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I'll let you hang on to the things that you are convinced about.

I would have been fine with that higher in season, but based on what's happening around this team and the fact they just fired a coach that just had to 100 points seasons It's safe to say that the GM is probably not going to be gambling his job on hiring the team's AHL coach, or at least that's not his first choice. Doesn't mean that he won't get the job, but I can all but assure you that's not choice

2 100 point seasons had nothing to do with Gallant getting fired. If that was the criteria he'd still be here. The front office was not on the same page with him going back to last season and the players told management they needed a new voice. Any shmuck can bring a team with Igor in goal to the playoffs. They can win now and later with different style of play and personnel usage. I know I'm fighting a losing battle trying to say things arent all that bad.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Only 9 more points? 9 points in 100 minutes is 5.4 pts/60.

Trocheck isn't a 2C on a team with cup aspirations? Have you even looked at the teams still in?

Carolina - Kotkaniemi
Stars - Johnston
Panthers - Bennett
Golden Knights - Karlsson (Edit: *Stephenson, forgot him, he had the best year of all these guys easily).
Seattle - Gourde
Edmonton - Bjugstad when Draisaitl plays 1W.

It's a couple of young guys who had nice years and some 2 way veterans. Trocheck had a better offensive year than all of them. The leading scorer among those guys was Kotkaniemi with a big 43 points.

The only teams left with an actual elite 2C are Toronto with Tavares and Edmonton if Leon is on L2.

And you're "Playing with the top point producers on the team" comment is stupid. I already told you Trocheck has been about 1.9 to 2.0 pts/60 for four years in a row. Are you going to tell me his numbers were boosted last year by playing with Necas (40 pts on the year) and Svechnikov (69 pts) or the year before when he played with Necas and Nino? Or the year before that when he played with Brett Connolly as his most common linemate?

So yea, you're making things up.
My Goodness....there are people who have to pay for the schooling being done here.

Well done SA16..... :clap::clap::clap:

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Same thing with Sullivan. The Rangers had the guy in their organization. He was let go with Torts in 2013. Ten years later, the Rangers covet Sullivan for the head coaching position. They have the people in their organization and they let them go. These people go somewhere else and they have success. The Rangers want them. It would have been hard to give Sullivan the head coaching job in 2013 because he was connected to Torts. It’s two separate people.
They’ve done with this players too. It’s extremely annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad