Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Like Hartford is a great place to prove that you can coach a team and get a job as an NHL coach? Just maybe not with the Rangers.

Have you ever worked in an environment where promotions are given strictly based on tenure?

I am all for giving Knoblauch the role, if he is the best person available for this team.
Matter of fact: time in grade is a thing.

InfernoDaLuz

Jun 1, 2007
Jersey

ezgif-4-286349d043.gif

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Strong personality surrounded by brilliant hockey minds. Maybe Messier can be that guy. Babcock could be that guy. Still would love Torts. Need discipline here.

Reactions: Profet

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
My friend who knows said..... when series was tied ...if Rangers lose.... GG is gone..... period. And that's that! PS ...trying to find out who next coach is...nothing yet
If you're mocking me then you havent kept track of what I've posted and when. Either way I don't care much.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Laviolette would be a very uninspiring choice. His recent body of work has been very tepid.

I’m intrigued by Babcock. His command of tactics is excellent. He is the ultimate puck possession coach. I’m really like to sit across the table from him and asked him what he has learned during his absence from the game, what he would do differently and take stock in how much the experience might have humbled him.

Leach vs. Halpern in the young coach lane. I don’t see Knoblach in the game here.

Last edited:

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
For I minute I thought Babcock was an assistant to Scotty Bowman.

But man, if the rumors I seem to recall are true, that Babcock was a hard-ass on his players, I want him here just for that.

Reactions: skipmowerman

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I'll let you hang on to the things that you are convinced about.

I would have been fine with that higher in season, but based on what's happening around this team and the fact they just fired a coach that just had to 100 points seasons It's safe to say that the GM is probably not going to be gambling his job on hiring the team's AHL coach, or at least that's not his first choice. Doesn't mean that he won't get the job, but I can all but assure you that's not choice
Pardon my ignorance, but, if you do have an inside track, is that what you're hearing, a big name coach?

And don’t sleep on Bob Hartley
Interesting.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Pardon my ignorance, but, if you do have an inside track, is that what you're hearing, a big name coach?

Interesting.
I've mentioned some names I know about.

This part is my speculation though: Drury knows what the orders were from Dolan and based on those marching orders I personally am skeptical that he would potentially risk his job on a lesser known person where the move can be second guessed. He was here through the Quinn tenure and all the questions about an NHL rookie coach. That thought process is consistent with what I have heard regarding the names. I am really hoping Mollie is wrong about lavy. That's the first I heard of him and Bruce would make no sense as a noted players coach.

I don't remember a single thing you've called right.

But regardless, you need to chill.
I'm absolutely fine but thanks for the suggestion.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I've mentioned some names I know about.

This part is my speculation though: Drury knows what the orders were from Dolan and based on those marching orders I personally am skeptical that he would potentially risk his job on a lesser known person where the move can be second guessed. He was here through the Quinn tenure and all the questions about an NHL rookie coach. That thought process is consistent with what I have heard regarding the names. I am really hoping Mollie is wrong about lavy. That's the first I heard of him and Bruce would make no sense as a noted players coach.

I'm absolutely fine but thanks for the suggestion.
OK thanks, not what I wanted to hear but not surprised at all. If we aren't getting a fresh modern hockey mind behind the bench, I at least hope it's a hard ass that demands his players be in condition and give a full 60. Black and Blue Shirts 2.0.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
OK thanks, not what I wanted to hear but not surprised at all. If we aren't getting a fresh modern hockey mind behind the bench, I at least hope it's a hard ass that demands his players be in condition and give a full 60. Black and Blue Shirts 2.0.
I personally think this group needs something to shake them bc there is a fracture even within the core group. The team either needs a significant move to alter the personality of the team (people know my thoughts on panarin at this point) or a crack the whip coach that demands accountability which is hard to find now, but that would crack the entitlement within the team. Someone who isn't scared of benching players and removing them from their pp time or cookies if they aren't willing to adjust as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad