Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
And time after time spit the bit when it mattered most
That falls mostly on his top players. And frankly, I'd rather have the system fixed than try to find out a Panarin whisperer, while the rest of team looks like f***ing shit.

At this point, for me the biggest issue is finding this team an actual system. So that they can rely on something other than rush offence. I think Keefe might be able to pull that off.

I also think that Dubas/Shanahan restricted Keefe's ability to go hard on his top players. Remember when he criticized them early in the season after they lost at home against Arizona? Then the next day, he had to walk back his comments. Same as in the previous year, he called his team soft after they lost against us at the Garden. He had to walk that back as well. I think that was Dubas telling him to do that, not himself regretting the things he said.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
That falls mostly on his top players. And frankly, I'd rather have the system fixed than try to find out a Panarin whisperer, while the rest of team looks like f***ing shit.

At this point, for me the biggest issue is finding this team an actual system. So that they can rely on something other than rush offence. I think Keefe might be able to pull that off.

I also think that Dubas/Shanahan restricted Keefe's ability to go hard on his top players. Remember when he criticized them early in the season after they lost at home against Arizona? Then the next day, he had to walk back his comments. Same as in the previous year, he called his team soft after they lost against us at the Garden. He had to walk that back as well. I think that was Dubas telling him to do that, not himself regretting the things he said.

I believe that his top offensive guys made Keefe look better than he is with good regular season play and when checking changes in post season, the system fails.

Keefe's system had nothing to do with Marner, Matthews, Tavares and Nylander being beasts in the Regular Season. And his system has consistently failed in the post season

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I believe that his top offensive guys made Keefe look better than he is with good regular season play and when checking changes in post season, the system fails.

Keefe's system had nothing to do with Marner, Matthews, Tavares and Nylander being beasts in the Regular Season. And his system has consistently failed in the post season
Even that would be an improvement on the current state of our team which is star players anchoring when moody, good PP, and an elite goaltender. There's literally no spine, just some limbs.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If I am Chris Drury and I going down with the ship on the next coaching hire, I am not hiring an old retread.

I am hiring Jay Leach as the head coach. Kris Knoblauch is being promoted to NY to run the PP and the forwards. Ryan Huska is being hired from Calgary to run the PK and the defense. Huska has worked Rasmus Andersson, Oliver Kylington and Jusso Valimaki in Calgary. Ask Don Maloney for permission to speak with Huska. The Hawks were interested in hiring Huska as their head coach last season. We will hire another veteran assistant coach.

Knoblauch worked with Hakstol in Philly. Hakstol and Leach are working together in Seattle. Huska worked with Geoff Ward in Calgary. Leach worked with Ward in Germany. Symmetry.

All of them have been head coaches at the AHL level. All of them have had experience being an assistant coach in the NHL.

Work with Leach to identify the new AHL coach in Hartford.

They say the Rangers didn’t really have a system with Gallant. It was all Igor.

Hire a competent staff with a system. The staff needs to help in the development of the young guys because the Rangers don't have much cap space and too many restriction clauses to make major changes. They need internal Improvement. The Rangers need more out of Miller and Schneider. Lafreniere and Kakko. Othmann and Cuylle. Jones. Is a veteran coach getting the most out of those players?

Panarin is a lost cause.

Drury needs to do his job too.

I'm on board

Even that would be an improvement on the current state of our team which is star players anchoring when moody, good PP, and an elite goaltender. There's literally no spine, just some limbs.

I see it as more of what we just kicked to the curb.

Reactions: WojtekWolski86

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
If I am Chris Drury and I going down with the ship on the next coaching hire, I am not hiring an old retread.

I am hiring Jay Leach as the head coach. Kris Knoblauch is being promoted to NY to run the PP and the forwards. Ryan Huska is being hired from Calgary to run the PK and the defense. Huska has worked Rasmus Andersson, Oliver Kylington and Jusso Valimaki in Calgary. Ask Don Maloney for permission to speak with Huska. The Hawks were interested in hiring Huska as their head coach last season. We will hire another veteran assistant coach.

Knoblauch worked with Hakstol in Philly. Hakstol and Leach are working together in Seattle. Huska worked with Geoff Ward in Calgary. Leach worked with Ward in Germany. Symmetry.

All of them have been head coaches at the AHL level. All of them have had experience being an assistant coach in the NHL.

Work with Leach to identify the new AHL coach in Hartford.

They say the Rangers didn’t really have a system with Gallant. It was all Igor.

Hire a competent staff with a system. The staff needs to help in the development of the young guys because the Rangers don't have much cap space and too many restriction clauses to make major changes. They need internal Improvement. The Rangers need more out of Miller and Schneider. Lafreniere and Kakko. Othmann and Cuylle. Jones. Is a veteran coach getting the most out of those players?

Panarin is a lost cause.

Drury needs to do his job too.
They really need to find a way to rid themselves of Panarin. My opinion used to hinge on the return, but I’m to the point where I just want him gone.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Well I disagree, I see Gallant and Keefe as being almost as opposite style of coaches as you can be.

One had no system, Gallant

The other had a system that doesn't work when it matters.

Results have been the same. In fact, the guy WITHOUT the system has had more success

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
One had no system, Gallant

The other had a system that doesn't work when it matters.

Results have been the same. In fact, the guy WITHOUT the system has had more success
Everyone is a loser, until they are not. See Washington, Colorado etc.

Look we agree to disagree I guess. I said my piece. I'd rather take a gamble with Keefe and hope his system works, instead of hiring Babcock who carries baggage and I think is overrated as a coach anyway.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Everyone is a loser, until they are not. See Washington, Colorado etc.

Look we agree to disagree I guess. I said my piece. I'd rather take a gamble with Keefe and hope his system works, instead of hiring Babcock who carries baggage and I think is overrated as a coach anyway.

I do agree. Between those to choices, Keefe would be my choice. I would prefer not either ultimately

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Keefe has had one of the best rosters in the league for 3 seasons and he won one playoff round. I don't think he is the answer. would definitely be better than Babcock though.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Keefe has had one of the best rosters in the league for 3 seasons and he won one playoff round. I don't think he is the answer. would definitely be better than Babcock though.
Have to agree with @LOFIN , their goaltending has been pretty brutal for years and their defense has been average at best. They did have one of the best forwards groups however.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Toronto's goaltending has been spotty, theres no denying that.

Their defense the last few years has been pretty good though. Holl is f***ing terrible, but aside from him they're pretty solid 1-5.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Toronto's goaltending has been spotty, theres no denying that.

Their defense the last few years has been pretty good though. Holl is f***ing terrible, but aside from him they're pretty solid 1-5.
I think they have had a good defensive structure, thanks to Keefe. Their d-corps suck.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
our defense is also average at best
I don't think it's among the best of the league, but we do have a top-3 D-man in the league. Toronto has no-one even close to that. I would pick our D every day of the week before Toronto.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
We need a system in all 3 zones and a coach that stays on top of these guys mental lapses at thr beginning and end of periods

Reactions: CLW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad