Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It was hellllla speculation on his part.
You didn't just put that out there for no reason, when he put stuff out there on the podcast it's usually because he's actually heard it somewhere. The guy is always cautious anymore to hedge this kind of stuff based on the way he presents it because of how crazy the Twitter storm is for anything he says that might not I actually materialized.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You didn't just put that out there for no reason, when he put stuff out there on the podcast it's usually because he's actually heard it somewhere. The guy is always cautious anymore to hedge this kind of stuff based on the way he presents it because of how crazy the Twitter storm is for anything he says that might not I actually materialized.

Yeah but listen to his phrasing.

It wasn't based off of anything concrete. "I'm hearing" is way different than "I wonder" or "I think"

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
So now Friedman is saying Babcock is on nyr radar. Where did we hear that last week? Ha

If that happens, buckle up. He's the coach I want if they are really driving hard to win in the next 2 years but its not the path I would choose.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Babcock a rumor?

Live look in at Panarin on the farm
giphy.gif

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Vince Thread on candidates. Laviolette is the "safe pick" of the experienced guys. Knoblauch will have a shot at this. Babcock is being looked into.

Reactions: Filip Chytil

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Vince Thread on candidates. Laviolette is the "safe pick" of the experienced guys. Knoblauch will have a shot at this. Babcock is being looked into.

Pretty sure we are Vince's sources in the organization but Babcock seems to be the candidate du jour that everyone is losing their minds over.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
So will kakko and laf have to make lists of who doesnt work hard?

Will laff put himself on the list?

I really hope we dont go for babcock. I mean its an upgrade over gallant but basically anything was. I just dont see how this group would work with him. Unless the ultimate goal is to get panrin, mika and kreider to all waive ther NMCs and demand trades.

Reactions: CLW and McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
So will kakko and laf have to make lists of who doesnt work hard?

Will laff put himself on the list?

I really hope we dont go for babcock. I mean its an upgrade over gallant but basically anything was. I just dont see how this group would work with him. Unless the ultimate goal is to get panrin, mika and kreider to all waive ther NMCs and demand trades.

There is absolutely some intangible value to having a coach who will be a hardass. And he has a ring with a similar constructed Detroit team. Granted that was a long time ago, but if you can hire him and say Spencer Carberry from the Leafs to run the Xs and Os, you could sell me on it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Speculation of all speculation and some of you run with it like its the gospel lol.

I think its pretty clear that they're going to sit and wait to see what happens with Keefe and staff in Toronto. If those guys are let go, they will be the guys here.

If they pull the reverse sweep then that obviously takes that off the board. With the local people (who are much better connected) keep preaching on communication, Babcock is an automatic no.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Speculation of all speculation and some of you run with it like its the gospel lol.

I think its pretty clear that they're going to sit and wait to see what happens with Keefe and staff in Toronto. If those guys are let go, they will be the guys here.

If they pull the reverse sweep then that obviously takes that off the board. With the local people (who are much better connected) keep preaching on communication, Babcock is an automatic no.

I agree that nothing happens until the Keefe/TML dominoes fall, but I don't think hes coming here. Brooks mentioned it but going to Pittsburgh with Crosby makes sense if theres any fire there.

Either way, many of the top candidates are still employed or coaching; it's going to be a bit despite the media tripping over their own feet to get a scoop.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
There is absolutely some intangible value to having a coach who will be a hardass. And he has a ring with a similar constructed Detroit team. Granted that was a long time ago, but if you can hire him and say Spencer Carberry from the Leafs to run the Xs and Os, you could sell me on it.

Absolutely is. But what from what i have read. Players absolutely hated playing for him. Worried about our mentally fragile group lol

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Babcock hire would be almost certainly lead to Drury’s firing and blowing up the veteran core of this team. So I’m not sure Drury wants to take that risk. Laviolette would be the safe choice, though I think his results in Washington would mirror the results here.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Babcock hire would be almost certainly lead to Drury’s firing and blowing up the veteran core of this team. So I’m not sure Drury wants to take that risk. Laviolette would be the safe choice, though I think his results in Washington would mirror the results here.

Laviolette would actually be the worst hire they could make imo. Gallant clone who had the same exact "buy in" and youth development problems in Washington.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Yeah but listen to his phrasing.

It wasn't based off of anything concrete. "I'm hearing" is way different than "I wonder" or "I think"
They had more than enough content in that pod that if there was nothing there he wouldn't even brought it out. That podcast was packed with so much stuff that has happened there was a literally no need to just randomly bring this up at all. It was brought up for a reason.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
They had more than enough content in that pod that if there was nothing there he wouldn't even brought it out. That podcast was packed with so much stuff that has happened there was a literally no need to just randomly bring this up at all. It was brought up for a reason.

Yeah and it was entirely speculative. It was a spot on the Rangers.

Thats what they do. This is like when everyone was freaking out that the Rangers were going to trade a 1st for Deslauriers a few years ago because Marek brought it up.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Yeah and it was entirely speculative. It was a spot on the Rangers.

Thats what they do. This is like when everyone was freaking out that the Rangers were going to trade a 1st for Deslauriers a few years ago because Marek brought it up.
Marek is the guy that just stirs shit up. Elliot will sometimes say stuff just to say stuff but he doesn't do it when they have enough content to fill their block, and in just mention it 5 seconds, he kind of went on about it for a little bit. It's fine if you think it's nothing, I'm bringing it up for a reason just like I brought it up a few weeks ago for a reason just like I brought it up mid season for a reason. Take that for what you want and if you don't want it take it for anything then I don't really care. Not going to fight and argue with somebody when I'm trying to drop clues here about things that I know

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Marek is the guy that just stirs shit up. Elliot will sometimes say stuff just to say stuff but he doesn't do it when they have enough content to fill their block, and in just mention it 5 seconds, he kind of went on about it for a little bit. It's fine if you think it's nothing, I'm bringing it up for a reason just like I brought it up a few weeks ago for a reason just like I brought it up mid season for a reason. Take that for what you want and if you don't want it take it for anything then I don't really care. Not going to fight and argue with somebody when I'm trying to drop clues here about things that I know

ok.

If you're right, I'll give you props.

IF you're wrong, I'll make you watch every game with Jovo next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad