OT: Which threads blow you away? The great jersey debate

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Is it the lighting or is the grey on the shoulders lighter than before? I’ve always thought the grey there was redundant as once the game gets going you can’t even really tell the difference between the grey and the black… but if it is lighter and more noticeable it may actually be worse

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Is it the lighting or is the grey on the shoulders lighter than before? I’ve always thought the grey there was redundant as once the game gets going you can’t even really tell the difference between the grey and the black… but if it is lighter and more noticeable it may actually be worse
Tough to tell from the picture, lighting definitely not helping.

Reactions: cptjeff

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Looks to be the lighting.

I mean it's being made in the same factory with the same materials. If Fanatics changed it, that's would be hilariously Fanatics

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I dunno, I know a lot of puck bunnies that would prefer if hockey suddenly got see-through jerseys.
Man, I have had to must large swaths of Canes twitter because it has been completely overrun with thirsty women and horny gay men. Every picture of a player that the team posts had dozens of comments about how beautiful or f***able said player is.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Man, I have had to must large swaths of Canes twitter because it has been completely overrun with thirsty women and horny gay men. Every picture of a player that the team posts had dozens of comments about how beautiful or f***able said player is.
Probably why there's a Canes fanfic reddit lol

• Haha
Reactions: kickback256

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Probably why there's a Canes fanfic reddit lol

See, I'm of two ways about this. Because I'm fairly certain r/Canesfics started as a joke based off the numerous comments the players had about Skinner and how "baby faced" he was, etc. But now I think it's evolved into something real, where there's actual thirst fics about the players. Either that or it's become such a parody that it's indistinguishable from the real thing.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
See, I'm of two ways about this. Because I'm fairly certain r/Canesfics started as a joke based off the numerous comments the players had about Skinner and how "baby faced" he was, etc. But now I think it's evolved into something real, where there's actual thirst fics about the players. Either that or it's become such a parody that it's indistinguishable from the real thing.
People are weird, I assume it's a combination of the two.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

These came out looking much better than I expected.

Its a refresh of their most famous look. There's nothing to hate about them.

I know some will hate that it doesn't have any purple or gold in it, but those jerseys in the 90s were iconic. It hit mainstream sportswear in the same vein that Hornets gear did, and they never should have abandoned it.

I am really hoping we do something similar with our next iteration. A refinement of our 2006 jerseys is exactly what we need.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Its a refresh of their most famous look. There's nothing to hate about them.

I know some will hate that it doesn't have any purple or gold in it, but those jerseys in the 90s were iconic. It hit mainstream sportswear in the same vein that Hornets gear did, and they never should have abandoned it.

I am really hoping we do something similar with our next iteration. A refinement of our 2006 jerseys is exactly what we need.
I didn't watch hockey a ton when they were in these jerseys, so no nostalgia for me. I at most might have played a video game with them or caught an occasional game. They weren't really my favorite as far as when I saw them on the hockey cards I collected or anything. And I do really like the purple and gold look better. But these came out looking clean and cool. It's another black kit, but it's quite well done. It gives hope for all the rebrands that are being teased for the 25-26 season.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
PXL_20240628_200158798.MP.jpg

Found this bad boy for $50 at a pop-up thrift store sale in Winston. One of the real deal ones too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad