Confirmed with Link: Trade with the Washington Capitals, Beck Malenstyn for 2nd round (#43)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
The price is obviously very unpleasant. Would have rather brought Robinson back in UFA as the 12/13. A 3rd/4th seems more the appropriate value.

He does seem like the type of player everyone has been clamoring for. He just happens to be someone who played 81 games last year but none of us has ever heard of somehow.

I imagine/hope this fits into your find the "next Joshua" concept @Chainshot ?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Does that cost a 2nd rd pick tho? Couldn't we find a guy like that in free agency?

He checks off a need no doubt but at that cost? I guess this goes to show how hard it must be to get players to Buffalo.

it might be an overpay, but who cares. And no I don’t think Buffalo can get good fourth liners in FA for value, we would probably have to overpay in money for that.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Like this one a lot. :D

I honestly can't tell, are you being serious or sarcastic?

I know nothing about him, but he sounds like New Eric Robinson.

korg-another-day-another-doug-thor-ragnarok-gif-13226519.gif

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Because we traded a 2nd rounder for a 4th liner no one's heard, that got shellacked at even strength last year
Don’t care, if he’s a good fourth liner which a lot of people think he is…I don’t care about a little overpay in futures assets.

If he’s good, I like the trade. If he ends up being bad, I don’t like it.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Idk feels like Jacob Josefson 2.0. I respect chain's opinion, but going to have to be proven wrong on this one

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
It’s a start, he has much more on the checklist, but this we definitely and item on the list

Big
Fast
Hits
Penalty kills
High energy

It is what we need, why the hell are you all complaining?
Never heard of him before but that certainly checks a lot of boxes. I guess he’s an RFA that needs a new deal

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Okay with the player but not happy with the price, should be step one of 5 serious additions to the roster. I know we say "Kevyn, just overpay a little to get the deal across the finish line"

But when we say that we mean the *Ehlers and iafallo deal*, not a deal for a 4th liner nobody has ever heard of. a 2nd rounder is CRAZY lol. Oh well.

We'll see what else kevyn can come up with but i think he is COOKED. It's a shame because plenty of us noticed that he sucks 3 years ago and we just wasted so much time

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I just thought that it is in UFA that you can find such guys, the same Carrier and many others. It seems expensive to me, and is he better than Zemgus? Because he will replace him.

Reactions: paulmm3

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2