Which NHL players read HFboards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Many probably lurk, but the few who probably post will most likely never reveal their actual identities. Being a long time member of the MMA Underground forums, I have seen first hand what happens when the popularity of a sport is on the rise, and pros post with the general masses. It's usually not great, although it did lead to the hilarious incident of Hermes Franca fighting some dude named Manny for $1 and beating the hell out of him because he talked trash on the forums.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
How many NHL players do you think have:

- heard of this forum
- have occasionally come here to lurk
- have secret accounts that no one knows is them
- other.....

I realize this is hard to ever prove but im sure some people have some fun insider scoops on possible truths.

many years ago we had a lot of reporters and players on the board--but in the last 8 years or so--if they are here--they keep a low profile

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
I bet 90% of prospects have visited HFBoards at some point.

If I had been an NHL-draft caliber prospect in 2008, I would have probably started a thread about myself (while hiding my identity, obviously).

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Do you think some of the posts that are totally egregious and just plain wrong ever rile them up to the point where they want to create an account and retort?

Can you imagine if you found a whole group of strangers randomly talking about you and just being way off base or making up rumors.

I think it would drive me bonkers. Or maybe I would find it funny. Not sure.

Compared to 20+ years ago (before message boards), athletes never had to deal with this sort of thing.

I hope no Ottawa Senators read the teams board because there is so much negativity.

As much money as players make... I feel sorry for Kessel this year... Reading media stuff or HFboards could really get under players skin.

Fondue

Apr 25, 2007
Brooklyn
I am sure a lot of the young guys / potential NHLers read or even post here.

This is supposedly a hockey prospect forum... So it isn't a stretch to say prospects come over and see what's written about them. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some of them post, too. Probably wouldn't tell anyone or reveal themselves, but I'm positive it happens.

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
I hope no Ottawa Senators read the teams board because there is so much negativity.

As much money as players make... I feel sorry for Kessel this year... Reading media stuff or HFboards could really get under players skin.

I'd take 8 mil to be below average at hockey and have people say **** about me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CarolinaFlyerFan

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
With how invested young people are in the internet I wouldn't doubt if most young players from the last 5-7 years have all read posts on this website

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If a player googles himself, he might end up on a thread dedicated to him.
I'll use Toews as an example, since we talk about him a lot.

I found his description on Hockey's Future on the first page, which could lead him to HFBoards.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Someone said that Mike Fisher browsed here in the last one of these threads.

And a former player (I won't name them) was regularly posting in the main board as little as 2 years ago.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

did you just call kessel below average at hockey. i hate the leafs but the kind of crap being spewed here is just ridiculous. kessel is ****ing great at hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think almost every young NHL player have viewed the thread about themself in the prospects section. I know I would.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I would be absolutely shocked if Taylor Hall doesn't frequent the boards.
In interviews he's always very in-the-know about fan opinions and is a hockey nerd off the ice. Keeps track of other leagues, can name the top scorers in them, and has a good handle on prospects.

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
Well, this is a small country and I have been many times in a situation when a friend tells an NHL, KHL or Liiga players about the jokes, rumors or funny facts which go around internet boards in evening get together or when going out. By the reaction of those who play for pro, I would guess that not too many of them read these regularly- or at least they are really good in hiding any interest in it. These are all Finns though so I am not sure how aware they are about Hfboards for an example. And I promise that I am not the one who has brought internet ´facts´to the table during a fun night, call me old fashioned or something but I would feel a bit embarrassed to do that.

Guestfan

Mar 10, 2015
I imagine some come here for laughs every now and again. It's a pretty accepted fact that we're all a bunch of overly opiniated doofuses.

flyers528

Aug 22, 2014
Marc Savard plays in a 6VS6 EASHL for NHL 15 on the Xbox 360. Played against him before and he's actually not bad lol

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The Leafs would need to hire a small army of Psychiatrists to help any Leafs player stupid/brave enough to venture into the Leafs board.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
yeah, rob zepp used to be one of those annoying posters that try to troll the Leafs in every single post

Im not sure why, but this made me laugh. I guess he was a Habs fan growing up and got bored over in Europe?

Wessel below average hahahaha thats funny.

Marc Savard plays in a 6VS6 EASHL for NHL 15 on the Xbox 360. Played against him before and he's actually not bad lol

OT but my buddy plays Madden with Chandler Jones (plays for the Pats) and has him on PSN/Twitter.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Do you think some of the posts that are totally egregious and just plain wrong ever rile them up to the point where they want to create an account and retort?

Can you imagine if you found a whole group of strangers randomly talking about you and just being way off base or making up rumors.

I think it would drive me bonkers. Or maybe I would find it funny. Not sure.

Chris Osgood once posted on a pens board to refute a rumour posted by someone who claimed to own a holiday home next to his.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Tanner glass here, can't believe I didn't get a hatty to save the season on Friday. Sorry everyone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad