Value of: Which bad contract could the Leafs trade Tavares for?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Great. And Nylander should be making more. Works out just fine. Find me a team in the league that doesn’t have a few players that they’d wish were paid a bit less. It’s a non issue for the leafs and leaf fans
It’s quite clearly an issue for the leafs as they can’t win a round even with this “amazing” offense and having to play such powerhouse teams as the Habs and Jackets…

Don’t see Toronto getting very far without one of Tavares, Marner or Matthews getting traded for actual depth

The90

Feb 27, 2017
It’s quite clearly an issue for the leafs as they can’t win a round even with this “amazing” offense and having to play such powerhouse teams as the Habs and Jackets…

Don’t see Toronto getting very far without one of Tavares, Marner or Matthews getting traded for actual depth
Oh so that’s only on Tavares’ contract huh. Nice. You’ve got everything leaf all figured out.

genk

Nov 15, 2015
This thread is so f***ing stupid lol. Whoever started this should feel ashamed.

let’s assume Tavares is overpaid by 5M. Leafs take on a shit contract of $4M. Now they have to go out and trade for assets for a 2C that’s probably going to have a cap hit of $4M+, for a grand total of, at most, $3M in cap savings. Small brain logic

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Your undervaluing Myers, hed be Torontos top pair RHD. If you think the picks should be swapped I dont agree with that to keep this proposal balanced, so we add a 6th round pick too and throw in Linus Karlsson but that third should still be coming back with Tavares
You’re insanely overvaluing your players. Myers is negative value. He was a bad contract the day it was signed. It’s a bad contract today. He’d be a liability on Toronto just like he’s a drag on a bad Vancouver team.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lol. 200 points in 205 games. Just brutal. This is why leaf fans don’t take you seriously
How’s his last two years been? His playoffs? That’s what you think $11am is worth these days? If so, it alllllll makes sense now.

Reactions: ABCUser

The90

Feb 27, 2017
How’s his last two years been? His playoffs? That’s what you think $11am is worth these days? If so, it alllllll makes sense now.
He literally got injured less than 10 minutes in last year (which you well know). And had 3 points in 5 games the year before. Not great for sure. But also definitely not whatever you’re trying to sell. I’ll hang on while you move the goalposts again though. I’m sure you’ll obsessively come up with something else.

Reactions: AvroArrow

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
overrated and overpaid but name recognition goes a long way

he's too slow to keep up with the play and just hovers around the net trying to get some points

Reactions: ABCUser

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He literally got injured less than 10 minutes in last year (which you well know). And had 3 points in 5 games the year before. Not great for sure. But also definitely not whatever you’re trying to sell. I’ll hang on while you move the goalposts again though. I’m sure you’ll obsessively come up with something else.
3pts in 5games is brutal for a guy who offers nothing else but offense, is paid $11M and taking secondary defensive pairings against the damn blue jackets. Especially when he was equally as bad the year prior in the playoffs.

He has not at all lives up to $11M and multiple Leaf fans are even admitting that. At 31 and a couple injuries, it’s not going to get better

The90

Feb 27, 2017
3pts in 5games is brutal for a guy who offers nothing else but offense, is paid $11M and taking secondary defensive pairings against the damn blue jackets. Especially when he was equally as bad the year prior in the playoffs.

He has not at all lives up to $11M and multiple Leaf fans are even admitting that. At 31 and a couple injuries, it’s not going to get better
Yes we’re all crying about our 70+ point 2c. Just can’t get over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad