Speculation: Where will Darren Raddysh sign? (Answer: Rockford)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I can't say I'm crazy about the kid but I don't know what would be more amazing for the Lightning: to have a right handed defensive prospect or someone who would actually put up more than 15 points at the NHL level.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
God you leaf fans are too much. Every single free agent is coming to the Leafs go on and on about how good a fit he is, then when he goes somewhere else, oh he sucks we didn't want him. well, hate to burst you bubble he arrived in Vancouver tonight. I will try to upload the pic of him and my GF and a pic of his ticket sorry boys he's signing with the Canucks.

Damn. Sorry to hear about your girlfriend brother! He's a hockey player, it was bound to happen.

I'm sure you'll find someone else.

Also - upload that pic if you don't mind!

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
God you leaf fans are too much. Every single free agent is coming to the Leafs go on and on about how good a fit he is, then when he goes somewhere else, oh he sucks we didn't want him. well, hate to burst you bubble he arrived in Vancouver tonight. I will try to upload the pic of him and my GF and a pic of his ticket sorry boys he's signing with the Canucks.
You know you can fax a contract, right? You don't need to personally visit a city in order to sign a contract. :laugh:

Upload that picture tho.

JonnyCanuck604

Oct 28, 2016
Still waiting for that upload ...
tbh honest Im not the most savvy maybe someone could explain how to do it.
As for dhawilas comments, he's A step up from Botch and Pratt but has more CFL connections than Hockey.

Who knows maybe JB gave him the pitch and he didn't like what he had to say. sometimes JB is honest to A fault.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
As for dhawilas comments, he's A step up from Botch and Pratt but has more CFL connections than Hockey.

Who knows maybe JB gave him the pitch and he didn't like what he had to say. sometimes JB is honest to A fault.
Jim Benning is probably the worst mind in charge of an organization in any sport in the history of mankind.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Raddysh will have a contract in the next 48 hours.

You were wrong.

Unless he's signed a contract but it's being kept secret.

It looks like an AHL deal or Europe for Darren Raddysh — either that or he gets that NHL offer after July 1, when the contract slot situation will be clearer for the teams that might be interested.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
You were wrong.

Unless he's signed a contract but it's being kept secret.

It looks like an AHL deal or Europe for Darren Raddysh — either that or he gets that NHL offer after July 1, when the contract slot situation will be clearer for the teams that might be interested.

His signing deadline might be Midnight EST instead of 5PM.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Bolded
For all UFAs who have never signed an NHL contract before, whether they are college, junior, or European signings (ie. Draft-related free agents; players unsigned after being drafted or who were not drafted) they have an extra window between March 1 - June 1 where they can sign for the upcoming season. If they do not sign before that window closes, they have to wait until July 1 like every other UFA. (NHL CBA 50.8 (d))

Are you sure you have the clause right? I couldn't find a 50.8 d.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Are you sure you have the clause right? I couldn't find a 50.8 d.

It's there:
50.8(d) No Club or Player may enter into an SPC that does not cover at least the then- current League Year. The foregoing does not apply to an SPC entered into pursuant to Section 50.5(f) above, or to Unsigned Draft Choices or Draft Related Unrestricted Free Agents, who shall be permitted to sign an SPC during the period from March 1 through June 1 immediately preceding the League Year in which such SPC is to take effect.

Raddysh is a Draft-Related UFA.

P.S. and for some twisted reason my spell checker wants to correct Raddysh to "Daddy's home"

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Still waiting..

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's there:

Raddysh is a Draft-Related UFA.

P.S. and for some twisted reason my spell checker wants to correct Raddysh to "Daddy's home"

How odd. I believe you, but here's what I get when I check the CBA:

50.8 Prohibited SPC Terms and Practices ...................................................................284

Edit: I found it.

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
How odd. I believe you, but here's what I get when I check the CBA:

So, no sub-clauses for 50.8, and a different topic. Am I looking at the wrong agreement?

Not all of the sub-clauses are listed in the front index. It's the proper topic: "Prohibited SPC Terms and Practices". Teams are Prohibited from signing a player to a SPC that doesn't cover the current league year, unless the signing meets one of the three exceptions listed in 50.8.

http://cdn.agilitycms.com/nhlpacom/PDF/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Edmonton is weak on RHD and Sekera is out for 3/4 next season, come to us Raddysh! McDavid connection, too :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad